Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before the next, "We gotta get *insert near max salary here*" thread, ask yourself:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamshid wrote: View Post
    No, There is always some idiot GM with who is willing to risk it all on some player with potential and so called "talent" and big contract to save his ass. BC was one of those idiots and NY is another one and ... There are always few of them in the league. These idiots are willing to package their garbage players and smaller contracts because they think they can always get these garbage players anyway.

Our GM got bunch of those garbage deals, Vas, Hayes, ... now he either have to let them all walk which means get nothing or make them into some sort of future asset.

I think MU will take the easy way and will just let these deals expire this year and next. Fans are happy right now so why risk it !!!
    I think there will be no trade for raptors before trade deadline.
    The Bargnani trade cleared a lot of cap space, returned a serviceable player in Novak, and 3 draft picks.

The Gay trade cleared $13M for next season, removed uncertainty moving forward, created a bench, led to a 19-12 record after a dismal 6-12 record, led to DeRozan AS appearance, raised the trade value of Raptors, returned a good young role player in Patterson who Raps will have rights to this summer.

Neither of these trades were easy by any means and a lot of good resulted by each. Neither returned 'nothing'.

Those guys might walk but maybe the result of trading Gay will lead to unknown possibilities on trade fronts that would not have been possible with his $19.3M final year. Had he stayed in Toronto and continued with his play there would be little doubt as to the outcome of that option.

I can't figure you out, man. You were all doom and gloom, tank it up. Then the proclamations of 3rd team in the east with all sorts of smiley faces. Now harping that the deals did nothing and prospects appear bleak moving forward.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The Bargnani trade cleared a lot of cap space, returned a serviceable player in Novak, and 3 draft picks.
      Serviceable player in Novak ?? What kind of service did we get from him thus far ? how did he contributed ?
      3 draft picks ?? Lets see how high they are and what they will get us before jumping up and down about getting them.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The Gay trade cleared $13M for next season, removed uncertainty moving forward, created a bench, led to a 19-12 record after a dismal 6-12 record, led to DeRozan AS appearance, raised the trade value of Raptors, returned a good young role player in Patterson who Raps will have rights to this summer.
      19-12 record which basically wiped us off one of the strongest drafts of the decade !!! raised the trade values of Raptors ?? What trade value for what trade ? there will be none coming this trade deadline for sure.

Patterson ??? OK, lets see if we can keep up and hos much will he cost

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
        Serviceable player in Novak ?? What kind of service did we get from him thus far ? how did he contributed ?
        3 draft picks ?? Lets see how high they are and what they will get us before jumping up and down about getting them.

19-12 record which basically wiped us off one of the strongest drafts of the decade !!! raised the trade values of Raptors ?? What trade value for what trade ? there will be none coming this trade deadline for sure.

Patterson ??? OK, lets see if we can keep up and hos much will he cost
        Wow I thought I was negative lol

You are exactly right though: let's see

Comment

^^^ I gave A to MU for moving AB and Gay's contract but he is getting an F this far for the rest of this season. His team is out of the draft and not good enough to compete for real in east this year or next. But I guess we will see what he will do with this trade deadline, draft and this summer. All that being said, I am behind him for at least next 3-4 years.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            Ross, Salmons +pick for Deng... these things are not inconceivable. we have a GM who is kind of crafty and MLSE willing to SPEND...I say we spend
            I think that is way more than Cavs paid for Deng. This might get you Deng and Waiters.
            Please do not shoot yet. Let me explain:
            I believe Cavs biggest problem is Kyrie, & Waiters is being dick about it (he does not realize that if you clash with best player you loose most of the time). Lets face it: If Irving were as good as advertised (great player & a leader) -there is no chance in hell this team (esp after adding Deng) is not solidly in playoffs.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
              I think that is way more than Cavs paid for Deng. This might get you Deng and Waiters.
              Please do not shoot yet. Let me explain:
              I believe Cavs biggest problem is Kyrie, & Waiters is being dick about it (he does not realize that if you clash with best player you loose most of the time). Lets face it: If Irving were as good as advertised (great player & a leader) -there is no chance in hell this team (esp after adding Deng) is not solidly in playoffs.
              Definitely, Ross+pick for Deng when you can just target Deng as a free agent would be a waste. There are positives, Bird rights would help re-sign Deng, you could give him an extra year at smaller salary per annum, you could sign him over cap so you wouldn't have to cut and stretch anyone. But I'd rather pay Deng a little more annually and keep Ross+pick.

(Or, target Stephenson or save cap space for 2015, I'd prefer these options over Deng myself.)

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                1. Los Angeles Lakers

$99,140,731
                2. Brooklyn Nets

$84,486,162
                3. Miami Heat

$82,629,170
                4. Philadelphia 76ers

$79,211,528
                5. Chicago Bulls

$74,809,630
                6. Orlando Magic

$73,312,267
                7. New York Knicks

$72,989,028
                8. Portland Trail Blazers

$71,584,641
                9. Golden State Warriors

$70,699,736
                10. Los Angeles Clippers

get over it. Teams make zillions, they make the salary thing seem like such an issue publicly, but it isn't. Toronto is like 21rst in Team salary.... the team, the darlings of NBA prudence and well thought out everything, the Spurs, are 10 million higher than toronto.

So ask yourself this, you wanna win, or do you wanna lose?

Its so lame when fans bitch about what players make, and what teams pay out. Toronto makes money hand over fist, they never go anywhere close to the Tax, and the team is fucking horrible, always..... so next time I think about signing player X for the max, i wont think, I will sign the stupid fuck before he has a chance to come to his senses.
                You're in charge of signing players? Prepare for an angry mob at your house (re: turkoglu, hedo)
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                X