NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

What an incoherent, obtuse moron.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      What an incoherent, obtuse moron.
      I'll still take him over Don Cherry

Comment

In Barkley's defence, Valanciunas is a hard name to say unless you've heard it a lot. There is a reason why he's been typed as "JV" his entire career.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think it was MoPete, while being interviewed by Rod Black, who pronounced it "Valan-si-ni-us"

Comment

Barkley and Cherry are both awesome for their respective sports. Whether you agree or not with their opinions or how they provide them, they are both still f'ing awesome

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Barkley and Cherry are both awesome for their respective sports. Whether you agree or not with their opinions or how they provide them, they are both still f'ing awesome
              Yep. Specially Barkley. I think he's the most entertaining analyst in sports. And the guy knows what he's talking about.

Saying that though, Valanciunas is not that hard of a name to pronounce.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Val an chew nas, easy as to chew gum...
                Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Feb 10, 2014, 02:53 PM.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Yep. Specially Barkley. I think he's the most entertaining analyst in sports. And the guy knows what he's talking about.

Saying that though, Valanciunas is not that hard of a name to pronounce.
                  Barkley's attempts at coherent delivery of his opinions are great, just great. And once I finally figure out what he's trying to say, then yeah, I often agree with him...he knows ball for sure!

Comment

I love it

"Joenas Vaseline-awa-sauce"

His pronunciation is uglier than his golf swing

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      I dunno man. Cherry's farmboy-Canuck-know-nothing-about-the-world schtick is really stale.

I mean, on this morning's Grape Line, he was saying how impressed with Sochi he is. He was imagining old ladies sweeping the streets, and didn't realize they had shopping malls. He didn't know what a Ruble was.

We make fun of Americans for living in ignorant bubbles, but Cherry's bubble is the worst.

Comment

Don Cherry and Rob Ford (who had Don Cherry speak on his behalf after his election) represent the Canada I really hope to avoid.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I love it

His pronunciation is uglier than his golf swing
                          Unpossible!!!!!

hahaha

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I dunno man. Cherry's farmboy-Canuck-know-nothing-about-the-world schtick is really stale.

I mean, on this morning's Grape Line, he was saying how impressed with Sochi he is. He was imagining old ladies sweeping the streets, and didn't realize they had shopping malls. He didn't know what a Ruble was.

We make fun of Americans for living in ignorant bubbles, but Cherry's bubble is the worst.
                            Cherry is probably no more ignorant than most Canadians his age. But he is passionate, and isn't afraid to say what he thinks or what he believes in. He can be entertaining and controversial, and certainly narrow minded. These are all qualities that make him good at what he does. I certainly don't agree with everything he says, nor would I be offended by anything he says. IMO, there is too much political correctness these days, and people are just way too sensitive, especially Canadians as we are always trying not to say anything that might upset or offend somebody, and Cherry is just so refreshing, even if he can be an ignorant fool at times.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              In Barkley's defence, Valanciunas is a hard name to say unless you've heard it a lot. There is a reason why he's been typed as "JV" his entire career.
                              Barkley's not the only one who has trouble with that.

Look at Detroit's announcer (Mason I think), he has had trouble pronouncing our players/coaches before

Bargnani was Barnini
                              Triano was Torrano
                              and my favourite one, Garbajosa was Garbobo (anyone remember that one)

and how many people have mispronounced "Zydrunas Ilgauskas" over the years

heck, even Mo Pete mispronounced Valanciunas - Valencius
                              Last edited by peanutwoozle; Tue Feb 11, 2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X