Lowry to the Knicks again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    I am missing some of your thoughts here. I can understand on some level giving up Teague for Shumpert....but to throw in a 1st as well? If you agree I think you overvalue the Shump. imo Schroeder is not ready to take over unless Atlanta wants to tank the season with that deal.
    Atlanta may be looking at improving their draft situation. It's tough to judge. They are undermanned and have just started struggling. Ferry may prefer jostling for the 10th pick or so rather than scraping by to get eliminated in the 1st round. Don't know. Really tough situation to judge I think.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Atlanta may be looking at improving their draft situation. It's tough to judge. They are undermanned and have just started struggling. Ferry may prefer jostling for the 10th pick or so rather than scraping by to get eliminated in the 1st round. Don't know. Really tough situation to judge I think.
      Possibly. I havent mentioned the money not matching either...which reminds me that Atlanta is not one of the richer franchises so maybe wanting to cut payroll. Anyway much spec based on musings by some NY writer!!

Comment

I am missing some of your thoughts here. I can understand on some level giving up Teague for Shumpert....but to throw in a 1st as well? If you agree I think you overvalue the Shump. imo Schroeder is not ready to take over unless Atlanta wants to tank the season with that deal.
        I dunno I'm just saying its clear Teague isn't in their long term plans. Depends how much they want to get out of his contract I guess.

I'm thinking if ATL do include a draft pick it'll be protected.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've got a feeling Ferry is looking at the Hawks situation in the east with a similar eye as Masai.

A trade with Shump coming back and trading Teague opens up another $6M in cap space for them this summer giving them enough to offer up to $14M assuming a $60M cap.

Comment

I've got a feeling Ferry is looking at the Hawks situation in the east with a similar eye as Masai.

A trade with Shump coming back and trading Teague opens up another $6M in cap space for them this summer giving them enough to offer up to $14M assuming a $60M cap.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I dunno I'm just saying its clear Teague isn't in their long term plans. Depends how much they want to get out of his contract I guess.

I'm thinking if ATL do include a draft pick it'll be protected.
              It's just that I think Teague is a good asset to just "give away". That would be like less than 50c on the dollar (with a protected first). And Ferry thought enough of him to match an offer sheet last summer. Something smells funny....or they figure taking minimum return is trumped by a better position in the draft & cap space (as Matt above suggests). Could be.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Is this one of those situations where if there's smoke, there's fire? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the franchise to ride Lowry as far as he can take the team (say all the way to the 2nd round) and then just flip him via sign and trade (with increased value in mind)? I just can't see Lowry leaving in the midst of this run. Also, as the PG, he's running the team. A new guy via a Jeff Teague coming in means he's going to have to re-learn things and build chemistry. Teams just don't do that with an eye towards the playoffs.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Playoffs aren't the goal tho
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I say we just get a pick for lowry and immediately ship that and one our own future first rounds for Rondo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...First-Rounders

sure our floor would need some desperate spacing but with Ross and Patterson starting I think could manage with 2nd best (behind paul) passing guard in the league

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      Is this one of those situations where if there's smoke, there's fire? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the franchise to ride Lowry as far as he can take the team (say all the way to the 2nd round) and then just flip him via sign and trade (with increased value in mind)? I just can't see Lowry leaving in the midst of this run. Also, as the PG, he's running the team. A new guy via a Jeff Teague coming in means he's going to have to re-learn things and build chemistry. Teams just don't do that with an eye towards the playoffs.
                      I'd agree with you.

Could be a lot of hyping with an eye to the off season too.

Masai comes off sweet and mild mannered but I guarantee you he knows and plays the game with the best of them.

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
                        I say we just get a pick for lowry and immediately ship that and one our own future first rounds for Rondo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...First-Rounders

sure our floor would need some desperate spacing but with Ross and Patterson starting I think could manage with 2nd best (behind paul) passing guard in the league
                        You think Rondo is gonna play any better than Lowry is now?

Comment

• Akkerman wrote: View Post
                          You think Rondo is gonna play any better than Lowry is now?
                          I think Lowry is going to leave - just from the articles I've read... so I would rather another year of rondo than no lowry.

and Rondo has really come back into form after his surgery -- almost back to his triple/double self

If we could convince Rondo to stick around long term I think it would go a lot further to entice a superstar to sign here *cough* durant *cough* #dreaming

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Playoffs aren't the goal tho
                            If it isn't then MU should be in teardown mode. Four games above .500 and flipping Lowry for picks, assets isn't enough (to keep us from no man's land). Should include Demar as well.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              If it isn't then MU should be in teardown mode. Four games above .500 and flipping Lowry for picks, assets isn't enough (to keep us from no man's land). Should include Demar as well.
                              I'm just saying any trades going forward shouldn't be with a view to make or get further in the playoffs
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• @MySportsLegion: Knicks, Raptors and Hawks have discussed a three team trade that would send Kyle Lowry to NY, Jeff Teague to TOR and Iman Shumpert to ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X