No announcement yet.

Game #54: Chicago Bulls 94 - Toronto Raptors 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im curious as to why there wasnt a screen set for DeMar on that last play.

Comment

• Just saw the replay again, and that was a clean block by Butler.

Im glad things went down the way they did. This is a great growing experience for the Raptors, especially for Derozan. He kept us in this one, but he should know by now what needs working on this offseason.

This was a big test for our bigs, and as predicted, our tough guy Psycho T came to play. JV, Patterson, and co need to toughen up on the inside.

Hopefully Casey has learned his lesson. He knows that this team can play serious basketball, but when they make these remarkable comebacks, he needs to put them in the best position to succeed, and that starts by making smarter decisions. Im sure the Raps are gonna be in this position again, and next time, we better see a real play call at the end of the game. No more Demar Derozan isolation. Heck, Demar's game winner last year came off a Jose Calderon pass leading him into a shot that is very makeable for him.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Lowry said in a post game interview that DD should get the ball at the end and he will continue to give it to him at the end of games so I highly doubt he will leave because of that.
        I agree with Lowry. And i don't have a problem with the iso play late in the game either. Give credit to where credit is due. Jimmy Butler played DeRozan perfectly.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm actually happy they lost. They need to learn that it's gonna be tough. No more coasting and turning it on in the 4th. If you wanna win, play hard all game or you'll get ruined in the playoffs.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• I think they might of been my favorite raptors game of the season, great defense on both sides and gritty. I loved that game, i was glued to my tv. As much as id love to see another team in the playoffs the bulls would be one hell of a series.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
              I think they might of been my favorite raptors game of the season, great defense on both sides and gritty. I loved that game, i was glued to my tv. As much as id love to see another team in the playoffs the bulls would be one hell of a series.
              Had the pleasure of seeing the game live. It was the quintessential Hansbrough game. So entertaining.

Comment

• And can we all agree JV was shit today? I mean the guy was almost invisible. If he even had a MINIMAL impact, we would have won.
                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                  And can we all agree JV was shit today? I mean the guy was almost invisible. If he even had a MINIMAL impact, we would have won.
                  Hahah yeah i think that's a given. the only things i remember him doing are fighting forr rebounds and knocking it out of bounds or that missed wide open shot where boozer pushed his arm.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    Hahah yeah i think that's a given. the only things i remember him doing are fighting forr rebounds and knocking it out of bounds or that missed wide open shot where boozer pushed his arm.
                    I thought games like this would be his favourite because he's a tough guy, but he got out worked by Noah big time. He needs to learn how to go up strong for a rebound. Sticking up one hand and tipping it is never gonna work. Use both hands and bring it down. I saw him lose way too many rebounds tonight.
                    - Tim Leiweke

Comment

And can we all agree JV was shit today? I mean the guy was almost invisible. If he even had a MINIMAL impact, we would have won.
                      I can agree Jonas was shit.

But I despise statements like the bold. You could also say if Patterson wasn't Boozer's total bitch all night we would've won. Or if Lowry hadn't got into foul trouble. Or if Ross played even average D most of the night we would have won. Jonas had a shit game, but there's no way to say he was the difference between a win and a loss. Noah didn't exactly dominate, and in fact his biggest success was in his passing game, because our players were losing their men on cuts all night.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        I can agree Jonas was shit.

But I despise statements like the bold. You could also say if Patterson wasn't Boozer's total bitch all night we would've won. Or if Lowry hadn't got into foul trouble. Or if Ross played even average D most of the night we would have won. Jonas had a shit game, but there's no way to say he was the difference between a win and a loss. Noah didn't exactly dominate, and in fact his biggest success was in his passing game, because our players were losing their men on cuts all night.
                        Fair.
                        - Tim Leiweke

Comment

JV is soft. Not Bargnani soft. But he's pretty soft. Defensively he just gets pushed around. He rarely wins the 50/50 rebound battle. He's still pretty young so i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. But i really don't like what i'm seeing.

Tonight he played one of the toughest if not the toughest frontcourt in the NBA. 2pts 2rbs in 20+ mins. Completely unacceptable. Surprised Casey gave him that long of a leash tonight because he was really bad.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Despite the end-of-game lapse by Casey and DeRozan, the real reason the Raptors lost this game is that they went 3-17 for three-pointers. Had they had even a couple more go in during the first three quarters of the game, it would have been a lot closer and there would have been multiple opportunities to take the lead. No doubt Chicago's defence had something to do with it, as the Bulls' announcers declared, but more of the poor shooting was just being cold or not being set with the feet.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              JV is soft. Not Bargnani soft. But he's pretty soft. Defensively he just gets pushed around. He rarely wins the 50/50 rebound battle. He's still pretty young so i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. But i really don't like what i'm seeing.

Tonight he played one of the toughest if not the toughest frontcourt in the NBA. 2pts 2rbs in 20+ mins. Completely unacceptable. Surprised Casey gave him that long of a leash tonight because he was really bad.
                              People need to chill the fuck out. Jonas is definitely not soft. He plays quite physical most of the time. He's our best rebounder and you can't do that without winning your fair share of battles. He had a bad game (not his first and definitely not his last), and another game where the refs let the other team get away with murder (I mean, Nene got an and1 for smacking Jonas in the face with his off hand).

What he is is still a young player, who needs more work on his awareness. Needs the game to slow down a bit still. And needs to not let himself get frustrated. It'll come with time. He still played hard tonight. It's not like he was just "going through the motions". Some nights you just don't have it and the bounces just don't go your way.

But soft? That's not something I'd ever think to call him. He doesn't shy away from banging down low. He doesn't take possessions off.

*And just some food for thought...in Jonas' 3 other games against CHI this year
                              5-10 FG, 5-6 FT, 15 pts, 10 rbs (2,8), 2 blk, 2 stl, 1 ast, 2 to ----win
                              6-11 FG, 3-4 FT, 15 pts, 11 rbs (2,9), 4 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 1 to ----win
                              2-5 FG, 0 FT, 4 pts, 8 rbs (2,6), 2 blk, 0 stl, 2 ast, 2 to ----loss

It's not like he has struggled all year with the Bulls. Though it is interesting because someone (Kazan I think) said if he played even a bit better we would've won. While I hate phrasing it like that it does seem like he was a key part of our wins against them this year. So it's a big shame he played bad tonight
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Feb 20, 2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                People need to chill the fuck out. Jonas is definitely not soft. He plays quite physical most of the time. He's our best rebounder and you can't do that without winning your fair share of battles. He had a bad game (not his first and definitely not his last), and another game where the refs let the other team get away with murder (I mean, Nene got an and1 for smacking Jonas in the face with his off hand).

What he is is still a young player, who needs more work on his awareness. Needs the game to slow down a bit still. And needs to not let himself get frustrated. It'll come with time. He still played hard tonight. It's not like he was just "going through the motions". Some nights you just don't have it and the bounces just don't go your way.

But soft? That's not something I'd ever think to call him. He doesn't shy away from banging down low. He doesn't take possessions off.
                                Nah, i don't think he's soft either. It's just that he's aloof on the court. Not aware of anything and always disoriented, and I don't think you can teach that.
                                - Tim Leiweke

Comment

Working...
                                X