Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolled ankles caused by shoe product quality?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rolled ankles caused by shoe product quality?

    After watching the triple OT game today and seeing Ross and Lowry (granted he landed on the defenders foot) both hurt their ankles wearing Jordan's, and DD and Amir previously hurting their ankles also wearing Jordan's, anyone think there's a 'product quality' issue here? I know the ones I have are certainly not very sturdy around the ankles, they're more for style than performance...

  • #2
    It's a legit question. Just look at Jordan's list of pros. ALL injury prone guys.
    @sweatpantsjer

    Comment


    • #3
      I rolled my ankle on a pair of Jordan's back in the day... never bought another pair again.

      Comment


      • #4
        I always were high top Nike's for a reason ! I broke my ankle 2 years ago wearing Jordans
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

        Comment


        • #5
          I didn't think much of it, until I saw Ginobili shoe incident 2 days ago.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's too bad guys like Jordans too much to stop wearing them
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

            Comment


            • #7
              4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
              I always were high top Nike's for a reason ! I broke my ankle 2 years ago wearing Jordans
              You broke your ankles? Ouuuuf... that's rough man, it hurts just thinking about it
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

              Comment


              • #8
                gametime, u got a new pair of kicks you're peddling?
                The Double Champ is here!
                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mack North wrote: View Post
                  gametime, u got a new pair of kicks you're peddling?
                  Are you concerned about ankle injuries to your key guys? Worried that your playoff run could be cut short? Well with the new GT 10's, ankle injuries are a thing of the past! Turn your Steph Curry ankles into Lebron James ankles in no time!
                  @Boymusic66

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    TSF wrote: View Post
                    Are you concerned about ankle injuries to your key guys? Worried that your playoff run could be cut short? Well with the new GT 10's, ankle injuries are a thing of the past! Turn your Steph Curry ankles into Lebron James ankles in no time!
                    lol, Love it! We could help RR make some nice coin! (But honestly, I hope our roster isn't affected by these constant ankle rolls come the postseason)

                    ps. Anyone know why the league denied Patrick Patterson from wearing the black mask, but allowed LeBatman James to wear it? (I couldn't help but think of it last night when he was hit in the nose again after deciding not to wear it; still trying to figure out if it's a style or comfort thing?)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've rolled my ankles wearing Nikes, Reeboks, And1s, and Adidas. When you're 3 feet in the air and land on someone's foot, even construction boots won't prevent an injury.

                      Also, a lot of players don't actually tighten their laces. Shoes can slide on and off like loafers. In such a scenario, it makes sense that ankle support would be compromised. I don't think it's an issue of poor shoe quality.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        I didn't think much of it, until I saw Ginobili shoe incident 2 days ago.
                        Agreed, that was pretty crazy to see.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I've rolled my ankles wearing Nikes, Reeboks, And1s, and Adidas. When you're 3 feet in the air and land on someone's foot, even construction boots won't prevent an injury.

                          Also, a lot of players don't actually tighten their laces. Shoes can slide on and off like loafers. In such a scenario, it makes sense that ankle support would be compromised. I don't think it's an issue of poor shoe quality.
                          I agree. I've rolled my ankle in all kinds of shoes and once you do it once it's always easier to do it again. Hightops really don't do anything to prevent ankles from rolling either. Tape, now, tape really helps provide some structure but unless you are in those mobility restricting braces from Forrest Gump you can roll your ankle pretty easy.

                          I switched from Jordans for the same reason I switched from AF1s and Dunks: They are really heavy and hot. I have played in the same ones Amir was rocking last night (AJ1's) and the original version of Lowrys (with the purple/orange sole) and they are really well made but I prefer lightweight kicks.

                          And1s and the Chinese kicks are fairly crappily made.
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ^Ya best way to save ankles is just wear a light, comfortable shoe and tape the hell out of your ankle.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Many players these days go with lower high-tops or low-tops altogether because it's more comfortable and easier to make cuts, and so you kind of give up safety for production.

                              Also as Nilanka said there's no shoe that's going to save your ankle when you land on an uneven surface after a 3 foot jump.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X