No announcement yet.

Raptors 20th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I just realized that the font is similar to the font used on the purple jersey's back in the day.. so forget what I just said.

Comment

DeMar just said on his Facebook page that they'll be wearing that logo as a patch on their jerseys for all of next season.

Comment

I can't wait to see the throwback jerseys

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          I don't get it.... the font selections are odd(?). And are those lightning bolts in the X's?

I do like the purple and grey, though. I would be absolutely fine with purple and grey uniforms in the theme of the Kansas State colors. Lots of opporunities for third jerseys, too.
          The font is similar to the font used on the purple jersey's back in the early days. I like it personally. And if you look closely on those purple jersey's, the pinstripe really is a lightning bolts.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Maybe they will do what the Magic did for their 25th anniversary: wear their original colour/pattern jerseys for a select few home games during the season.

I would be fine with that. I would also love to see some ex Raptors in the house to partake in the celebrations as well.

EDIT:

Here is a link for what the Magic did.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-...cs-shaq-penny/
            Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Tue Mar 4, 2014, 09:49 PM.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
              Maybe they will do what the Magic did for their 25th anniversary: wear their original colour/pattern jerseys for a select few home games during the season.

I would be fine with that. I would also love to see some ex Raptors in the house to partake in the celebrations as well.

EDIT:

Here is a link for what the Magic did.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-...cs-shaq-penny/
              Wear em when Carter visits with the Mavs/anyone else? That'd be kinda cool
              @Boymusic66

Comment

gametime wrote: View Post
                You can make a mascot that doesn't scare kids, but still appeals to the masses. The pelicans sure learned that the hard way with their mascot that scared fans (and subsequently replaced it).

Hey gametime where did you find those logos? Those look pretty awesome. Were they logos the Raptors created or were they done by someone else?

Comment

Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
                  Hey gametime where did you find those logos? Those look pretty awesome. Were they logos the Raptors created or were they done by someone else?
                  Correcto mundo, yours truly - muchas gracias.

Comment

Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
                    Those look pretty awesome.
                    And here's some others. Enjoy!

Comment

i like those more!! any reason those arent for sale on your site?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        i like those more!! any reason those arent for sale on your site?
                        Good question: I only help people/companies with branding that doesn't infringe on existing trademarks (ie. in this case we're talking about the Toronto Raptors name or their existing logo marks; so if anything includes those, you need permission from the owner for merch. reproduction).

But MLSE does have my branding documents from last May after it was covered in the media. That's also when NewEra picked up the Toronto "T" hats (note: if you live in the city, you can see Amir & Ross wearing them around every so often, too). In the end, it's all about passionate fans proudly uniting. We actually did a BIG giveaway at SickKids and UofT which was a blast! So many fans eager to rep this team! The next few years are going to be very exciting.

Anyhow, hope that helps answer your question! (PM me if you're looking for something specific and I'll see what I can help with)

EDIT: If there's enough interest for the NewEra stuff on this forum like there was on RealGM with all of those orders, one of the Mods contact me and we'll get something set up to help everyone (it'll be cost + shipping unless the Mods want to hand deliver; minimum production order I can do is 12).
                        Last edited by gametime; Wed Mar 5, 2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

These are really slick.

Comment

Good question: I only help people/companies with branding that doesn't infringe on existing trademarks (ie. in this case we're talking about the Toronto Raptors name or their existing logo marks; so if anything includes those, you need permission from the owner for merch. reproduction).

But MLSE does have my branding documents from last May after it was covered in the media. That's also when NewEra picked up the Toronto "T" hats (note: if you live in the city, you can see Amir & Ross wearing them around every so often, too). In the end, it's all about passionate fans proudly uniting. We actually did a BIG giveaway at SickKids and UofT which was a blast! So many fans eager to rep this team! The next few years are going to be very exciting.

Anyhow, hope that helps answer your question! (PM me if you're looking for something specific and I'll see what I can help with)

EDIT: If there's enough interest for the NewEra stuff on this forum like there was on RealGM with all of those orders, one of the Mods contact me and we'll get something set up to help everyone (it'll be cost + shipping unless the Mods want to hand deliver; minimum production order I can do is 12).
                            Ahh interesting. I'd love to be able to order shirts/hoodies or something with that logo. Its slick, minimal and modern which is how I like it.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              Ahh interesting. I'd love to be able to order shirts/hoodies or something with that logo. Its slick, minimal and modern which is how I like it.
                              Alright, let me chat with the R.R. Mod-God to make it easier for everyone (regarding that crest, I have it in a format that reads Toronto Basketball, which can be used; stay tuned)

Comment

I have no idea what to think about this re branding thing
                                I'd love to see the purple back but the font that they use for writing Toronto pisses me off
                                can they just leave things the way they already are, just change the colour, bring back the pin stripes THATS IT why mess with perfection?
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X