All-NBA THIRD TEAM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-NBA THIRD TEAM.

What do you all think of DeMar sneaking into the All-NBA third team. I personally think he could. Just as long as he stays on this high level all the way till the end of the season(including post season).

My projections:

First: Lebron, Durant, Blake, Stephen, Love
    Second: Melo, Chris Paul, George, Harden, Aldridge
    Third: DeRozan, Irving, Wall, Wade, Hibbert

Thoughts?

I haven't looked at the potential players closely yet, but I think someone like Goran Dragic has a much higher chance of making the 3rd team than DeRozan does. If there was a 4th team maybe DeRozan could sneak on it, but not the 3rd team this year.

Also, you've got 4 guards listed in your 3rd team, I'm fairly sure it's only 2 backcourt players + 3 frontcourt players (or possibly 2 frontcourt + 1 center).

P.S: Noah definitely deserves it over Hibbert.

Comment

All NBA teams are position based. 2 guards per team. 6 spots total.

I imagine Curry, CP3 and Harden are locks.
      I suspect Tony Parker and Wade are very likely to make it. They are borderline as far as performance but team records and reputation will put them in.
      And Dragic should definitely make one of the teams, but he seems like a possible snub because of lack of rep. Which would be a shame, he has a case for the 1st team at this point.

That's 6 names already. If one of them doesn't make it, that opens up a spot for Lowry, or Demar, or Lillard, Conley, Wall. A lot of competition and I don't expect it but you never know.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        I haven't looked at the potential players closely yet, but I think someone like Goran Dragic has a much higher chance of making the 3rd team than DeRozan does. If there was a 4th team maybe DeRozan could sneak on it, but not the 3rd team this year.

Also, you've got 4 guards listed in your 3rd team, I'm fairly sure it's only 2 backcourt players + 3 frontcourt players (or possibly 2 frontcourt + 1 center).

P.S: Noah definitely deserves it over Hibbert.

Crap, I knew I was forgetting someone.

Comment

You need two more centers on your list. Dwight, Noah, Hibbert would be my guess.
          1 less guard, 1 less forward.

Comment

Im sure Derozan has a chance, and even though guys like Lowry, Dragic, Wall and co have been playing extremely well, Derozan is the one sitting 8th on the MVP ladder (7th or 8th last time I checked), and I think that given all of the media/ all star attention he has been getting, the NBA would likely choose him to be on the 3rd team.

I don't see how they can leave a guy ranked in the top 10 for the MVP race off any all-NBA team, regardless if he is deserving of it or not.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

very, very unlikely. I'd take any 1:1 bet, also 1:2 bet in a second.

he's 90% not making it.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

He might make it. But I still think it's a popularity contest. Vince made it only twice (one 2nd, one 3rd) and those were his best seasons. He might have a chance if he raises his scoring to at least 25ppg.

Kyrie and Wade are off my list. Wall, Dragic, and even Lowry are better point guards than Kyrie. And Wade doesn't deserve it, his time has passed, he skips games. Noah and Dwight are in. It's 2 of demar, wall or dragic for me.

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                  Im sure Derozan has a chance, and even though guys like Lowry, Dragic, Wall and co have been playing extremely well, Derozan is the one sitting 8th on the MVP ladder (7th or 8th last time I checked), and I think that given all of the media/ all star attention he has been getting, the NBA would likely choose him to be on the 3rd team.

I don't see how they can leave a guy ranked in the top 10 for the MVP race off any all-NBA team, regardless if he is deserving of it or not.
                  The MVP ladder on NBA.com is just one person's opinion though. Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons mentioned Dragic as a top 5 MVP candidate, and the Suns have been one of the best stories of the NBA this season. I just think there are too many good guards for DeRozan to get in.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    The MVP ladder on NBA.com is just one person's opinion though. Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons mentioned Dragic as a top 5 MVP candidate, and the Suns have been one of the best stories of the NBA this season. I just think there are too many good guards for DeRozan to get in.
                    Oh, I thought it was an official MVP ladder. Whoops. Then in that case I would definitely rather see Lowry or Dragic make it.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I think Demar has a good shot at making it. Like others have mentioned, it's primarily the logjam of good PG's that may be his undoing, but if you only consider SG's, I think Demar has a good shot. But he is competing with Paul, Curry, Harden, Dragic, Wall, Irving, Lowry, Wade, Stevenson and possibly others. Paul, curry and Harden will make it to one of the teams, leaving 3 spots between the rest of the guys. Dragic has been phenomenal, and if he keeps playing the way he is and PHX maintains a playoff spot then I think he gets a spot, but if they slip out of the playoffs, I think Demar has a really good chance at the 3rd team. Plus, if he keeps playing the way he is and continues to put up good assist and rebounding numbers, then it would be difficult to leave him off IMO. I think that's the key, he needs to boost his other stats and maintain a top10 scoring spot and he will get some serious consideration.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I think Demar has a good shot at making it. Like others have mentioned, it's primarily the logjam of good PG's that may be his undoing, but if you only consider SG's, I think Demar has a good shot. But he is competing with Paul, Curry, Harden, Dragic, Wall, Irving, Lowry, Wade, Stevenson and possibly others.
                        JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Paul, curry and Harden will make it to one of the teams, leaving 3 spots between the rest of the guys. Dragic has been phenomenal, and if he keeps playing the way he is and PHX maintains a playoff spot then I think he gets a spot, but if they slip out of the playoffs, I think Demar has a really good chance at the 3rd team. Plus, if he keeps playing the way he is and continues to put up good assist and rebounding numbers, then it would be difficult to leave him off IMO. I think that's the key, he needs to boost his other stats and maintain a top10 scoring spot and he will get some serious consideration.
                        I think the fact that Demar made the all star team puts him automatically ahead of guys like Dragic and Stevenson (and yes...lowry). Now that I think of it....has anyone ever beaten out an all star to make an All NBA team (provided everyone was healthy)?

But (as per the second bolded sentence) Demar today is much better than Demar even at the beginning of the year.

If he closes the season with his Feb averages (25 ppg 4+ assists and 4+ rebounds), on a 3rd seed team. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't make the 3rd team. He will have the resume on stats and on team record.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                          [B]

I think the fact that Demar made the all star team puts him automatically ahead of guys like Dragic and Stevenson (and yes...lowry). Now that I think of it....has anyone ever beaten out an all star to make an All NBA tea .
                          Well it's going to happen this year because there's no way Irving is getting in, let alone over Dragic who should be a lock.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                            Well it's going to happen this year because there's no way Irving is getting in, let alone over Dragic who should be a lock.
                            Guys, Irving's generally been tearing it up since the all star game.

In 9 games:

21.9 ppg, 4.4 rbpg, 7 apg, .375 from 3, .57 TS%
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                              [B]

I think the fact that Demar made the all star team puts him automatically ahead of guys like Dragic and Stevenson (and yes...lowry). Now that I think of it....has anyone ever beaten out an all star to make an All NBA team (provided everyone was healthy)?

But (as per the second bolded sentence) Demar today is much better than Demar even at the beginning of the year.

If he closes the season with his Feb averages (25 ppg 4+ assists and 4+ rebounds), on a 3rd seed team. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't make the 3rd team. He will have the resume on stats and on team record.
                              Yes, that happens a lot. In recent few years, Bogut, ZBO, Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Manu. Probably missing someone else. Voters are different (all star backups - coaches, all-nba - media). Also, people go up and down. Dragic has a lot of momentum now, he's been playing great lately, and a lot of people in the media seem to consider him an all star snub.

Comment

Working...
                              X