Kings @ Raptors game thread - March 7/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Except McLemore is undersized for a SG and plays horrible defense ahahha but they do both play similar offensively
    Um, McLemore is 6'5''. How is that undersized for a SG? Pretty good size actually, just not good enough to play meaningful SF minutes as well.

TRex wrote: View Post
    I know i said this a million times and i don't why people hate on him in this forum but Chuck Hayes is awesome. He's a really good post defender. He's like a rock out there. Cousins who is one of the strongest guy in the league couldn't back him down when Hayes started guarding him.

And most importantly about Hayes, he gives this team that veteran leadership that we're lacking for years.
    It's not about hating Hayes, it's about...well I guess it's about Casey's random stupidity. The way Hayes is used is a nice example of Casey having really weird rotation strategies (as in very little logic to them, if any). He's a great matchup against bulkier post players who aren't really long and/or really athletic. He's an awful matchup against players who are those things. The fact that he even saw the floor at all against teams like NOP or LAC is a testament to Casey being occasionally beyond clueless.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Um, McLemore is 6'5''. How is that undersized for a SG? Pretty good size actually, just not good enough to play meaningful SF minutes as well.

It's not about hating Hayes, it's about...well I guess it's about Casey's random stupidity. The way Hayes is used is a nice example of Casey having really weird rotation strategies (as in very little logic to them, if any). He's a great matchup against bulkier post players who aren't really long and/or really athletic. He's an awful matchup against players who are those things. The fact that he even saw the floor at all against teams like NOP or LAC is a testament to Casey being occasionally beyond clueless.
      6'5 is not an ideal height for a SG 6'6 or 6'7 would be
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I just hope Ben gets out of that career killer of team before its too late.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Except McLemore is undersized for a SG and plays horrible defense ahahha but they do both play similar offensively
          4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          6'5 is not an ideal height for a SG 6'6 or 6'7 would be
          But 6'5 is not at all undersized. 6'3'' for sure. 6'4''...maybe, but not necessarily. 6'5'' is just fine. Not at all undersized. He'll still be as big or bigger than most guys he matches up against on a nightly basis.

Comment

But 6'5 is not at all undersized. 6'3'' for sure. 6'4''...maybe, but not necessarily. 6'5'' is just fine. Not at all undersized. He'll still be as big or bigger than most guys he matches up against on a nightly basis.
            Well the problem would be when a 6'5 SG would try to guard someone like Joe Johnson or another taller guard.

Comment

I disagree. Chuck Hayes is a great LOW POST defender. He's solid. Doesn't matter if you're long and/or athletic. He's an awful matchup against big guys that can shoot(stretch 4-5). And i don't think Casey has ever put him in a situation where he has to guard guys like Nowitzki, or Garnett et al.

You mentioned LAC. Chuck Hayes has OWNED Blake Griffin in the past. Different story this year obviously. But Griffin this year is so much improved. He's playing at an MVP level. Everyone's talking about who should win the MIP award this year. Griffin's not going to win it. But he gets my vote.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well the problem would be when a 6'5 SG would try to guard someone like Joe Johnson or another taller guard.
                Which are pretty rare. Not a lot of SGs in the 6'7''+ range. Most guys will be about Ben's size, give or take an inch. So that's totally fine.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I disagree. Chuck Hayes is a great LOW POST defender. He's solid. Doesn't matter if you're long and/or athletic. He's an awful matchup against big guys that can shoot(stretch 4-5). And i don't think Casey has ever put him in a situation where he has to guard guys like Nowitzki, or Garnett et al.

You mentioned LAC. Chuck Hayes has OWNED Blake Griffin in the past. Different story this year obviously. But Griffin this year is so much improved. He's playing at an MVP level. Everyone's talking about who should win the MIP award this year. Griffin's not going to win it. But he gets my vote.
                  Yeah, but it's not about Blake Griffin. It's about Casey putting Hayes on the floor, and the opposing coach immediately seeing a very easy matchup to exploit. In the LAC game, it was DeAndre Jordan. Against the Pelicans, he literally matched Hayes up against Davis for one stretch...like who chooses that? Don't need 20+ years of NBA coaching experience to know that's a horrible decision.

Hayes is a good post defender....but there are not that many players he's a great matchup for. He's even a bad matchup against Griffin now because Griffin is playing smarter, and also likes to utilize a face up game. He's good against guys like Cousins, Jefferson, Gasol, Pekovic, etc....Not good against guys who are able to just go over/around him. And not good against guys who stretch the floor, although there, if they don't have any other offensive skills, it's not such a big deal (ie. if they can't drive or post up as well). *Edit: And also fine putting him out there against average/mediocre stiffs. No problem with that. Definitely have to be very choosy about matching him against top-line talent though.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Mar 8, 2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Which are pretty rare. Not a lot of SGs in the 6'7''+ range. Most guys will be about Ben's size, give or take an inch. So that's totally fine.
                    Dwayne Wade is 6'4
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      Dwayne Wade is 6'4
                      and 225lbs while McLemore is 190lbs

Comment

and 225lbs while McLemore is 190lbs
                        Ok, but the point stands. Maybe he has to bulk up. But he's not undersized.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Perfect size for a SG is 6'5 - 6'6.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Taller guards are becoming a lot more prominent now.
                            Guys like Dante Exum, Livingston, MCW are becoming more common.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                              Taller guards are becoming a lot more prominent now.
                              Guys like Dante Exum, Livingston, MCW are becoming more common.
                              First: We were talking SGs, not PGs.

Second: Are they more common? Exum isn't even in the league yet and I can't think of any that have freak height at PG other than those 3...Most other "big" PGs are about 6'3'' or 6'4'' (which is still quite tall)

Comment

First: We were talking SGs, not PGs.

Second: Are they more common? Exum isn't even in the league yet and I can't think of any that have freak height at PG other than those 3...Most other "big" PGs are about 6'3'' or 6'4'' (which is still quite tall)
                                Vasquez 6'6 , Julyan Stone 6'6 ahahah

Comment

Working...
                                X