Can the Raps get 50 wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    Only person that should be resting is John. Everyone else in our rotation that plays is under 30.
    I'd throw Amir in there as well, just because of nagging injuries. I would hate to see another ankle roll down the stretch.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't expect there will be much resting for our players. Minutes may be reduced, but I doubt anyone gets a game off unless they really need it. The Raps are still in a tight race to secure the 3rd seed and the division. If we manage to really pull away from the Bulls, Nets and Wiz then maybe a guy gets to rest for the last game or two, but I expect the race will be tight up to the end of the season.

Comment

Im predicting 47 wins
        #BringBackUzoh

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          I'd throw Amir in there as well, just because of nagging injuries. I would hate to see another ankle roll down the stretch.
          This is Amir's 7th season, though he's only 26.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
            ...sub par teams such as Boston, Los Angeles etc
            Never thought I would live to see that phrase written seriously and accurately in a basketball forum.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Getting the seed and rest for the starters is more important than total wins. No.

I agree 100% with this.

I think that if the goal was to win as many games as possible, they would probably win 50, definitely more than 47 because of those last 6 games. But for example, in the last game of the year against the knicks at MSG, if they come out swinging to give their home fans something to cheer about in their last game, do you think we should play the starters for 42 minutes just to get the 50th win?

I think that those last 6 games are misleading. Unless our bench can win them all on their own, we are probably going to lose 2 of those because we are looking past them.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                I agree 100% with this.

I think that if the goal was to win as many games as possible, they would probably win 50, definitely more than 47 because of those last 6 games. But for example, in the last game of the year against the knicks at MSG, if they come out swinging to give their home fans something to cheer about in their last game, do you think we should play the starters for 42 minutes just to get the 50th win?

I think that those last 6 games are misleading. Unless our bench can win them all on their own, we are probably going to lose 2 of those because we are looking past them.
                those last 6 games are vs ny twice, milwaukee twice, philly and detroit. i think our bench can handle them just fine

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  those last 6 games are vs ny twice, milwaukee twice, philly and detroit. i think our bench can handle them just fine
                  I agree and would love to see it....

Comment

Im just thrilled my guys DeMar and Ross are coming up big as a starting wing duo and we're making the playoffs +clinching the Atlantic Division title. Dont really care much for 50 Ws but it would be amazing icing on the already delicious Chocolate marble cake.

Comment

In terms of wins, I'd be happy with anything 48 and over (franchise record) I'm pretty sure in the last prediction thread I went with 46 wins, and if we lose a couple of games we should win, that's still very likely, so I'll stick with my prediction.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

The only thing about that 6 game closeout is that both detroit and new york are gonna be fighting for that eighth seed

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                          The only thing about that 6 game closeout is that both detroit and new york are gonna be fighting for that eighth seed
                          It's also possible that either one or even both could be decisively eliminated by then. Those teams, including Cleveland, have been so up and down and generally terrible that it wouldn't shock me if all of them went on a losing streak (Cavs right now have lost 4 in a row) big enough to screw their chances. The biggest thing working in their favour is that the Hawks are falling apart, so the 8th seed could conceivably be a 30-35 game winner, which is beyond sad. So ugly in that middle of the East.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            It's also possible that either one or even both could be decisively eliminated by then. Those teams, including Cleveland, have been so up and down and generally terrible that it wouldn't shock me if all of them went on a losing streak (Cavs right now have lost 4 in a row) big enough to screw their chances. The biggest thing working in their favour is that the Hawks are falling apart, so the 8th seed could conceivably be a 30-35 game winner, which is beyond sad. So ugly in that middle of the East.
                            I agree, but unless the hawks can somehow close out the season decently I think they're gonna give up the eighth seed. They don't have a particularly easy remaining schedule and they face the raps two times before the end of the month.

Comment

lol, it looks like no team wants that 8th seed. My guess is NYK will get it, and why not, they have no draft pick so may as well sneak in and get destroyed by Pacers/Heat.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                                I agree, but unless the hawks can somehow close out the season decently I think they're gonna give up the eighth seed. They don't have a particularly easy remaining schedule and they face the raps two times before the end of the month.
                                Well I believe Millsap is back. So that's a big plus for the Hawks. And actually I just looked at their schedule. It's not bad at all.

21 games remaining. 13 at home. And enough of those games against bad/mediocre teams that should be winnable. I mean, they face Milly twice; Philly and Utah once each; games against NOP, Boston and Denver should all be winnable; and have head to head matches against CLE and DET which could be critical. All their road games are single-game trips, so they get the opportunity to build up some momentum and stay comfortable at home.

Detroit also plays Toronto two more times, as does NY, and Cleveland plays us once. So if facing the Raps is an obstacle, it's one all the teams face.

NY has less games, but their entire month of April (7 games) is against teams currently with winning record. That's just after coming back from a 5-game west coast trip (though they face the Lakers, Sacto and Utah on that trip). If the Knicks want to make a serious move up the standings, it has to be now. 5 of their next 6 (before going on that trip) are against shitty Eastern Conference teams. And if they build up some momentum, maybe they do well on that West coast trip with some winnable games.

Detroit also has a fairly tough schedule. Most of their games (12 of 19) on the road, including a 4 game west coast trip, and their only multiple home-game stretch is a 2-game homestand, meaning the rest of their schedule has them constantly traveling. They play the majority of their games against good teams or teams they're fighting against for that 8th spot (13 of 19).

Cleveland's immediate future is brutal. They have 3 games out west against PHX, GSW and LAC. Then 3 home games against MIA, OKC and HOU. In fact their whole March is brutal, as their "easiest" games are against NY and DET (both on the road) who they maybe can't afford to lose to. April isn't so bad for them, but they could be out of it by then. I could see them losing every single remaining game in March and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Think Cleveland and Detroit have tough schedules. Think Atlanta, while they have lots of games and face some decent/good teams, is actually pretty good because of the lack of travel due to abundant home games. NY's isn't bad in terms of record of opponents, but not great for travel and again, tough in April meaning they can't hope for a late surge.
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Mar 10, 2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X