• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Terrence Ross the past 5 games:

20/31 3pt for 65%.

Past 6 games:

16.5 ppg - 55% 2pt
    Say what you want about Colangelo, but he did draft Demar, Val, and Ross for us. He wasn't all bad. He drafted projects, but wanted short term success as well, which was his downfall.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
      Rubio, Brewer & Barea really pissed me off today. Kept reaching, bitching & flopping

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
      Rubio himself seemed really pissed off today, can't say I've ever seen that from him. Kyle was too much for him

Much needed win, will be a tough one against the nets.

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Terrence Ross the past 5 games:

20/31 3pt for 65%.

Past 6 games:

16.5 ppg - 55% 2pt
      Doesn't stop Casey letting him rot on the bench for 10 straight minutes and dragging him if he makes a single mistake on the defensive end.
      Last edited by BigCamB; Mon Mar 10, 2014, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        Say what you want about Colangelo, but he did draft Demar, Val, and Ross for us. He wasn't all bad. He drafted projects, but wanted short term success as well, which was his downfall.
        I've long said that BC's individual moves were always well executed, and more often than not turned out to be even better than they looked at the time (DD looked like a decent pick, has developed very well, his contract extension looked ugly, looks pretty good now, Ross seemed like a reach, looks real good now, Drummond notwithstanding). But his inability to develop a big picture plan was always his downfall, so he had to go.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I've long said that BC's individual moves were always well executed, and more often than not turned out to be even better than they looked at the time (DD looked like a decent pick, has developed very well, his contract extension looked ugly, looks pretty good now, Ross seemed like a reach, looks real good now, Drummond notwithstanding). But his inability to develop a big picture plan was always his downfall, so he had to go.
          He had no issue developing a good plan. His issue was sticking to it. I really wonder how much negative influence/pressure there was from above, pushing BC more towards 'win now'? I'm quite happy with MU, but I'm always intrigued by the behind-the-scenes dynamic between ownership and management.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            He had no issue developing a good plan. His issue was sticking to it. I really wonder how much negative influence/pressure there was from above, pushing BC more towards 'win now'? I'm quite happy with MU, but I'm always intrigued by the behind-the-scenes dynamic between ownership and management.
            Oh, yeah, the news that Rogers/Bell were buying the team was great news - they have a vested interest in team success, beyond the simple profit margins the OTPP was constantly after. My biggest problem was ownership.

But even after the purchase, last year the new ownership approved the Gay trade, which was all BC, so he gets at least some blame for the state of the team when he departed.

Developing a plan involves sticking to it. That's the development part. Player development doesn't happen at the draft, it happens over the course of years. Same goes for plans. As for the 'win now' stuff, even the year where he himself admitted he tried to tank he screwed that up too by winning too much, so I can't place all the blame on ownership (some, definitely though).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Anyone notice salmons is really starting to fall off still a good guy dont get me wrong but the little shots he does take hes been bricking lately. Patterson has to come back he and Vasquez are the most important guys of the second unit, Fields would be great over Salmons if he could score.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Anyone notice salmons is really starting to fall off still a good guy dont get me wrong but the little shots he does take hes been bricking lately. Patterson has to come back he and Vasquez are the most important guys of the second unit, Fields would be great over Salmons if he could score.
                Fields can score he just can't shoot. Look at the game where he started recently. I think they should think about playing Fields because Salmons isn't scoring anymore either. At least Fields can finish at the basket and can slash. He also moves well without the ball. If Salmons isn't hitting his three or that mid range shot he's pretty worthless on offense.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Fields can score he just can't shoot. Look at the game where he started recently. I think they should think about playing Fields because Salmons isn't scoring anymore either. At least Fields can finish at the basket and can slash. He also moves well without the ball. If Salmons isn't hitting his three or that mid range shot he's pretty worthless on offense.
                  Was reading in the post the other day how salmons has like the best plus minus on the team or something. It's likely because he generally plays with the bench unit, which crushes the opposition every time theyre on the court... but still, must mean something
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Anyone notice salmons is really starting to fall off still a good guy dont get me wrong but the little shots he does take hes been bricking lately. Patterson has to come back he and Vasquez are the most important guys of the second unit, Fields would be great over Salmons if he could score.
                    yep his immediate post-trade magic is wearing off. still a serviceable player but would rather Ross be taking the majority of minutes.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      Was reading in the post the other day how salmons has like the best plus minus on the team or something. It's likely because he generally plays with the bench unit, which crushes the opposition every time theyre on the court... but still, must mean something
                      Well he's a smart player and for his age is a pretty good defender. He also is somebody who can handle the ball and more often than not make smart decisions so that might be why. He also doesn't let missing shots affect the rest of his game. So he isn't horrendous I just think Fields can do those things and more even without a shot right now.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Well he's a smart player and for his age is a pretty good defender. He also is somebody who can handle the ball and more often than not make smart decisions so that might be why. He also doesn't let missing shots affect the rest of his game. So he isn't horrendous I just think Fields can do those things and more even without a shot right now.
                        i dont think so. fields doesnt have a midrange shot like salmons does, who despite the slump, is still shooting above league average from those areas. fields doesnt have a corner 3 like salmon does. salmons also has amazing chemistry with patterson in the second unit, who is arguably our #1 option in that lineup. defensively, salmons is just as good at least with the eyeball test. so i'm not sure what you think fields offers more over salmons really.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          i dont think so. fields doesnt have a midrange shot like salmons does, who despite the slump, is still shooting above league average from those areas. fields doesnt have a corner 3 like salmon does. salmons also has amazing chemistry with patterson in the second unit, who is arguably our #1 option in that lineup. defensively, salmons is just as good at least with the eyeball test. so i'm not sure what you think fields offers more over salmons really.
                          I'm shocked Salmons shoots at league average from the mid range. From the eye test it looks like he misses his mid range jumper more than he hits it. I cringe when he takes that shot. His three ball has fallen off but he's definitely a better three point shooter than Fields. I guess I believe Fields would be just as good as a defender or maybe even better and even though Fields can't shoot he would score more points because he's pretty good at finding other ways to score even though his shot isn't falling.

Comment

I can't recall the last time Salmons hit a 3 -- and he gets A LOT of open looks.

Comment

• I guess for the most part Salmons plays good defense arguable as good as Fields? debatable scouts know Fields is shooting ridiculously low percentages right now and besides slashing you can cheat on him defensively. Salmons however still should be able to hit wide open looks regardless of how hes shooting at the moment and he still must be covered behind the arc so I guess Casey plays him over Fields knowing this?

My point is Salmons is likely gone after this season Fields we still have into next season its time we get something from all that money we are giving him and either Ujiri trades him as an expiring or we resign after next season dirt cheap cause at this point he may be out of the league if he still cant hit open shots remaining a role player in toronto.

Comment

• Let me get this straight.....Novak helps us win a big game and we get an extra first round pick in 2016? Have fun Phil.

Comment

Working...
                                X