Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch a game like last nights and man, the depression becomes so real
    :'' (
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
      Watch a game like last nights and man, the depression becomes so real
      :'' (
      Don't worry, 4 more years and you can drown your sorrow in booze like the rest of us
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Don't worry, 4 more years and you can drown your sorrow in booze like the rest of us
        LOOOL xD
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

• This loss more worries me for the playoffs than the rest of this season. I think Raps will continue to play well and win games the rest of the season. I just really want us to get out of the first round, especially if we're the higher ranked seed. I don't want a replay of us losing to the Nets in the first round when we were the third ranked team. Even though we both went 2-2 in the season series I don't really think it's that equal between us. One of our wins against them came because they were on a back to back and their legs completely gave out in the fourth. Back to Backs don't happen in the playoffs. The other win was the Patrick Patterson steal and difficult shot he made. The likelihood of something like that happening, especially in the playoffs, are 1 in a million. But I guess if you're fine with them just making the playoffs and getting the experience and you don't care too much for them to win a round, then a loss like this and the losses to Chicago and Washington wouldn't worry you. I'm not saying it's a disaster but it is worrisome. To me those loses show that we still aren't quite ready for playoff like intensity and physicality. They aren't just going to magically become ready for it when the playoffs start. I guess I should lower my expectations as you guys have said and not expect us to win in the first round (unless it's Washington). I should just appreciate that we are going to make the playoffs and gain experience no matter what seed we end up as (no sarcasm).
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            You're telling me the players wanted to win? Holy shit. You, my friend, are a genius. Your insight into the minds of professional athletes is second to none. I never would have guessed the players wanted to win without your guidance. You're telling me they are mad they lost? Just, wow. You blew my mind there, cowboy. Can I subscribe to your newsletter? Is next month's about how the sky is blue and money is used to purchase goods and services?

The point I am making, which should be obvious, is that they lost to a team that is 14-2 at home in the last 2+ months in a game where the opponent basically needed to win to have a chance to win the division. They played on a back-to-back, on the road. It is not the end of the world. It is not the end of the season. It is not a disaster.
            Apocalyptic in a way if you ask me.

I think I just saw a frog.....oops...theres another, and another and...... OMG ITS RAINING FROGS!!!!!!!!

of course its not the end of the world man, but when you look at the schedule, that was a game with a bog circle around, it, it was a big deal, a very big deal. they lost. Lowry showed..... not really anyone else..... maybe Amir..... the other guys still show youth and inconsistency.

anyhow, like I said.... the next game, will be telling.

Comment

• Comment

• Tsk, tsk. Ballboy should've taken the charge.

Comment

• From the main page.... actually feeling alot better thanks Zarar
                  A Raptor loss used to be nothing more than part of the routine. Another day, another setback. You didn’t get upset nor lose much sleep over it because that’s what what was supposed to happen. The Raptors were supposed to lose and they played their part dutifully. That feeling is a far cry from what we’re seeing these days. Last night’s loss to the Nets hurt. When Ross turned that ball over, or when Lowry launched that ill-advised three, it hurt to the point where I turned the TV off and took a walk.

It was a sign that I still care and have expectations for this team. That is a 180 degree turnaround from yesteryear when the games simply blended into one another and the season was just one long blur mired in disappointment. Some wounds heal only when they’re deepened. And last night’s loss deepened the wound left by years of neglect and corrosion, but on the bright side it’s good to know there’s blood to bleed.
                  http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...aptors-matter/

on to the next fellas

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    This loss more worries me for the playoffs than the rest of this season. I think Raps will continue to play well and win games the rest of the season. I just really want us to get out of the first round, especially if we're the higher ranked seed. I don't want a replay of us losing to the Nets in the first round when we were the third ranked team. Even though we both went 2-2 in the season series I don't really think it's that equal between us. One of our wins against them came because they were on a back to back and their legs completely gave out in the fourth. Back to Backs don't happen in the playoffs. The other win was the Patrick Patterson steal and difficult shot he made. The likelihood of something like that happening, especially in the playoffs, are 1 in a million. But I guess if you're fine with them just making the playoffs and getting the experience and you don't care too much for them to win a round, then a loss like this and the losses to Chicago and Washington wouldn't worry you. I'm not saying it's a disaster but it is worrisome. To me those loses show that we still aren't quite ready for playoff like intensity and physicality. They aren't just going to magically become ready for it when the playoffs start. I guess I should lower my expectations as you guys have said and not expect us to win in the first round (unless it's Washington). I should just appreciate that we are going to make the playoffs and gain experience no matter what seed we end up as (no sarcasm).
                    you're worried? NO WAY.

and who really cares if this team makes it to the second round or not. its fun to think about, but thats about it. the team is going to change again next year. lowry might not even be here. we may not even make the playoffs next year and could go into rebuilding mode once we jettison our expirings. who knows.

its pretty fucking obvious this team isn't 'quite ready for playoff like intensity and physicality'. THEY'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS. you don't have to lower your expectations. you just have to chill the fuck out.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      you're worried? NO WAY.

and who really cares if this team makes it to the second round or not. its fun to think about, but thats about it. the team is going to change again next year. lowry might not even be here. we may not even make the playoffs next year and could go into rebuilding mode once we jettison our expirings. who knows.

its pretty fucking obvious this team isn't 'quite ready for playoff like intensity and physicality'. THEY'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS. you don't have to lower your expectations. you just have to chill the fuck out.
                      LALALALAL DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING LALALA *plugs ears**closes eyes* LALLALALALA

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                        LALALALAL DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING LALALA *plugs ears**closes eyes* LALLALALALA
                        How can you not love this kid????

hahahaha

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          This loss more worries me for the playoffs than the rest of this season. I think Raps will continue to play well and win games the rest of the season. I just really want us to get out of the first round, especially if we're the higher ranked seed. I don't want a replay of us losing to the Nets in the first round when we were the third ranked team. Even though we both went 2-2 in the season series I don't really think it's that equal between us. One of our wins against them came because they were on a back to back and their legs completely gave out in the fourth. Back to Backs don't happen in the playoffs. The other win was the Patrick Patterson steal and difficult shot he made. The likelihood of something like that happening, especially in the playoffs, are 1 in a million. But I guess if you're fine with them just making the playoffs and getting the experience and you don't care too much for them to win a round, then a loss like this and the losses to Chicago and Washington wouldn't worry you. I'm not saying it's a disaster but it is worrisome. To me those loses show that we still aren't quite ready for playoff like intensity and physicality. They aren't just going to magically become ready for it when the playoffs start. I guess I should lower my expectations as you guys have said and not expect us to win in the first round (unless it's Washington). I should just appreciate that we are going to make the playoffs and gain experience no matter what seed we end up as (no sarcasm).
                          First bold - I'm pretty sure i can say that we ALL want them to get out of the first round.

Second bold - If you think they're better than us, then why all the fuss? Let's face it....No one predicted we would even be in this situation right now. NO ONE. Just because we're the 3rd seed doesn't mean we are where we need to be either. There is a whole lot of growing up left for DD, TR, JV, GV and others(all who play major roles on this team). To expect them to beat a talented veteran team like Brooklyn or Chicago is a bit unrealistic. Is it possible? Of course, anything is possible.

Third bold - For your sanity, you should probably lower your expectations.

This is why i feel the need to remind people that we're still a very young and inexperienced team. Yes, we have some vets. BUT the players playing the most minutes are very young and will only get better by experiencing games like last night and in the playoffs. Patience is important when your dealing with inexperienced players. What i love about this team is their never quit attitude. You have to respect a team that never gives up and believes that they can win against anyone. This belief will definitely help them in the playoffs.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            you're worried? NO WAY.

I guess you're right, but at the same time I hope none of that happens
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• meh....you dont have to chill out....you wanna go crazy, go crazy....thats what makes it all fun to wacth

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                First bold - I'm pretty sure i can say that we ALL want them to get out of the first round.

Second bold - If you think they're better than us, then why all the fuss? Let's face it....No one predicted we would even be in this situation right now. NO ONE. Just because we're the 3rd seed doesn't mean we are where we need to be either. There is a whole lot of growing up left for DD, TR, JV, GV and others(all who play major roles on this team). To expect them to beat a talented veteran team like Brooklyn or Chicago is a bit unrealistic. Is it possible? Of course, anything is possible.

Third bold - For your sanity, you should probably lower your expectations.

This is why i feel the need to remind people that we're still a very young and inexperienced team. Yes, we have some vets. BUT the players playing the most minutes are very young and will only get better by experiencing games like last night and in the playoffs. Patience is important when your dealing with inexperienced players. What i love about this team is their never quit attitude. You have to respect a team that never gives up and believes that they can win against anyone. This belief will definitely help them in the playoffs.
                                Us being a young team and relying on young players is very true and because of that I should lower my expectations. Brooklyn and Chicago just have too many vets. Anything can happen as you said but the likelihood of us beating Brooklyn in the playoffs is pretty low. I will try my best to just enjoy the growth this team has shown and keep in mind that they're still young and will have their struggles in the playoffs. But them experiencing it and hopefully learning from it is what matters most.

Comment

Working...
                                X