Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars
    replied
    He was already obvious when he wore a hat with dollar bills on it.. right before the deadline. It's his only motive man. He's got a ring. It's what I would do.

    Leave a comment:


  • KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    The whole pro sports spectacle is bonkers if you think about it too much. But media is integral to the business model and savvy players on all sides use it. It is different than your kids bragging to your neighbours about how much dad makes.

    But I also enjoy this angle:

    - Fans: Why hadn't Masai said anything about re-signing? He should have said something by now!
    - Kyle Lowry: I want to get paid and I want term with my next contract
    - Fans: K not like that tho

    It's just more the phrasing. I don't mind saying like "I'm not interested in leaving money on the table" or "I know my worth" etc.

    But Kyle saying "I need to get to generational wealth" when he's already at 190 and counting, not to mention during covid, to me is tone deaf. It's getting close to Latrell Sprewell crying about "feeding his kids" at 7 mil annually.

    Leave a comment:


  • S.R.
    replied
    The whole pro sports spectacle is bonkers if you think about it too much. But media is integral to the business model and savvy players on all sides use it. It is different than your kids bragging to your neighbours about how much dad makes.

    But I also enjoy this angle:

    - Fans: Why hadn't Masai said anything about re-signing? He should have said something by now!
    - Kyle Lowry: I want to get paid and I want term with my next contract
    - Fans: K not like that tho


    Leave a comment:


  • KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

    I know people are going to get triggered by this opinion and I understand he's gonna get whatever he can get, but I still hate this kinda greedy talk being so public. "Got to make sure my family is taken care of" lol just be honest and say "I feel you can never have enough money and I want more" lol

    Don't bother replying with "would you sooner the billionaire owners have it"
    I do agree I cringed a little reading it. Kyle's career earnings are now at $190 million. 190. Don't worry buddy, invest a little chunk of that and your grandkids will be sitting pretty.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaw
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

    I know people are going to get triggered by this opinion and I understand he's gonna get whatever he can get, but I still hate this kinda greedy talk being so public. "Got to make sure my family is taken care of" lol just be honest and say "I feel you can never have enough money and I want more" lol

    Don't bother replying with "would you sooner the billionaire owners have it"
    It's gauche to talk about money. My boys are just learning about money, allowances, and what it all means, etc. and we constantly remind them not to talk about it outside the family.

    In this context, though, he's answering a question, he's being honest, and it's all a very public exercise in PR and negotiation, so I don't fault players for making their intentions clear.

    Leave a comment:


  • MixxAOR
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

    I know people are going to get triggered by this opinion and I understand he's gonna get whatever he can get, but I still hate this kinda greedy talk being so public. "Got to make sure my family is taken care of" lol just be honest and say "I feel you can never have enough money and I want more" lol

    Don't bother replying with "would you sooner the billionaire owners have it"
    if you can give up millions of dollars G_Deane then props to you. I wouldn't give up a thousand

    Leave a comment:


  • inthepaint
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

    Yeah, really hope the Sixers struggle again.
    Yep. Thybulle and/or Maxey + their late first. Should have already happened at the trade deadline, would have put Philly in firm finals territory this year.

    Now they're going with Simmons and Embiid who have been great, but at the end of the day are still fairly novice/green when it comes to deep playoff experience (haven't been to an ECF yet), vs guys with deep finals/championship experience in Kyrie & Durant, with Harden to boot.

    They sure could have used a Kylie Lowry to mitigate that this year, and build their own "big 3" version to go vs the Nets big 3. Even if they didn't get pass the Nets they would have had this extra playoff run with Lowry to see what they could adjust next year, and come in better prepared. They cheaped out though, so they might flame out, in which case they may come knocking again.

    Leave a comment:


  • G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    I know people are going to get triggered by this opinion and I understand he's gonna get whatever he can get, but I still hate this kinda greedy talk being so public. "Got to make sure my family is taken care of" lol just be honest and say "I feel you can never have enough money and I want more" lol

    Don't bother replying with "would you sooner the billionaire owners have it"

    Leave a comment:


  • SkywalkerAC
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

    Smart man. No one cheering harder than Lowry for second tier contenders to flame out early in the playoffs....

    Though, Kyle should realize that by the time his likely useless trust fund grand kids get a hold of the money they will blow it all.
    Yeah, really hope the Sixers struggle again.

    Leave a comment:


  • A.I
    replied
    Kyle probably only has a handful of years left, he knows he can get his last big contract this free agency, might as well take it.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Smart man. No one cheering harder than Lowry for second tier contenders to flame out early in the playoffs....

    Though, Kyle should realize that by the time his likely useless trust fund grand kids get a hold of the money they will blow it all.
    Last edited by slaw; Tue May 18, 2021, 11:18 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • golden
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

    A wise man once said.....

    12 games is different than a couple games when there is literally nothing to play for. But they did end up shutting him down for the final 6, so you were closer than me on this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Great One
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

    Well, considering he's likely hoping to cash in on one last big contract, he probably prefers to rest given there is nothing to play for and an injury in one of these meaningless games could hurt that chance. Heck, the franchise probably prefers not to see him get hurt either.

    If the younger core guys are healthy I suspect they play to get a little more development time, but I do think they are banged up to some degree so we might not see them either. But in Lowry's case, there's no real upside to him playing.
    Good point.

    Leave a comment:


  • golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

    Well, considering he's likely hoping to cash in on one last big contract, he probably prefers to rest given there is nothing to play for and an injury in one of these meaningless games could hurt that chance. Heck, the franchise probably prefers not to see him get hurt either.

    If the younger core guys are healthy I suspect they play to get a little more development time, but I do think they are banged up to some degree so we might not see them either. But in Lowry's case, there's no real upside to him playing.
    A wise man once said.....

    golden wrote: View Post
    Raps should just shut Lowry down like those professional tankers, OKC, did with Horford. I mean, the last thing a 35-year old Lowry wants is an injury with only 12 games left heading into free agency.
    DanH wrote: View Post
    The last thing that... let me check my notes here... Kyle Lowry... wants is to play basketball games when he should be resting an injury instead? Yeah, that's not tracking with my understanding of said Kyle Lowry.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X