Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • They had a feature on this on CBC last night as well.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

    Comment


    • Lowry did something similar (or exactly the same) last year as well. I know a lot of these guys give money to charity and don't make it public but I do think that guys like Lowry should do a few very public things each year because it encourages others to do something kind for others, even if not on the same scale.

      Comment


      • I'm gonna put this here, because it deserves to be seen. I know a lot of others here are big fans of long form bball articles, and this really makes you marvel at Sam hinkie the man. I'm putting it in everything kyle lowry because it has this quote which after reading about sam should make our boy even more valued
        It comes as little surprise, then, that as a talent evaluator Hinkie had a soft spot for players with similar mental makeup to his own. Grinders. Guys who give a crap. During his years as assistant GM in Houston, Hinkie’s favorite player was Chuck Hayes, an effort-and-position guy. He similarly loved Kyle Lowry. And he remains fascinated by Kobe Bryant. At one point during our time together he met with a group of eight law students in a conference room at Stanford. “The single metric I wish we had,” he told them, “is the sum total of the scores of every game you’ve ever played. One-on-one, two-on-two, your little sister, your kids, five-on-five, scrimmages, preseason, playoff games.” He paused. “I don’t know what that would say, but I suspect it would be awesome. I suspect it would say that Kobe Bryant is Genghis Khan.”
        http://www.si.com/nba/2016/11/30/sam...adelphia-76ers
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I'm gonna put this here, because it deserves to be seen. I know a lot of others here are big fans of long form bball articles, and this really makes you marvel at Sam hinkie the man. I'm putting it in everything kyle lowry because it has this quote which after reading about sam should make our boy even more valued

          http://www.si.com/nba/2016/11/30/sam...adelphia-76ers
          Yeah that's a great read and a great quote. I also recommend this Daryl Morey piece about the draft:
          http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/b...rt_of_nba.html
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I'm gonna put this here, because it deserves to be seen. I know a lot of others here are big fans of long form bball articles, and this really makes you marvel at Sam hinkie the man. I'm putting it in everything kyle lowry because it has this quote which after reading about sam should make our boy even more valued

            http://www.si.com/nba/2016/11/30/sam...adelphia-76ers
            Very interesting, I really liked his bit on our propensity to create narratives to explain things, but the narratives are oversimplified and while they make nice stories they really don't describe reality at all. Sports are really, really bad for that.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • S.R. wrote: View Post
              Very interesting, I really liked his bit on our propensity to create narratives to explain things, but the narratives are oversimplified and while they make nice stories they really don't describe reality at all. Sports are really, really bad for that.
              Absolutely. It's funny because he himself had a narrative created, as some heartless ivy league nerd doing everything off a spreadsheet. Turns out he's an extremely highly functioning, but also very likable human being. When iq and work ethic both meet at THAT high of a level, that person can succeed at basically anything.

              I think he lost his job because he was a newbie to he industry and didn't understand the networking aspect, you need to scratch the backs of player agents, other managers and even the league. His cold calculated approach could have worked with a little more i guess "public relations". Oh, and drafting okafor over porzingis. That would have probably bought him more time until embiid showed up. Kp and embiid now and they'd be the leagues envy.
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • Lowryis going to get PAID this summer.

                Comment


                • 5 years, 209M. That's his new maximum, if the CBA leaks are valid. Just so everyone knows. He may not get it, but that's the high end.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • Zach Lowe thinks that the Sixers will absolutely make a run at pending free agent Kyle Lowry this summer. The ESPN journalist spoke on his The Lowe Post podcast with Brian Windhorst Thursday, citing several reasons why the franchise could pursue the veteran Raptors point guard.

                      Lowry is from Philadelphia, Lowe mentions, and has played under ex-Raptors executive Bryan Colangelo previously. On top of that, the Sixers will have an exorbitant amount of cap space and could benefit from the services of a point guard should they ultimately decide to utilize Ben Simmons in ways other than as a traditional playmaker.
                      Stay away BC!!

                      Seriously though, I think Kyle is pretty content in TO, and I view the threat from Philly as similar to the Lakers for DeMar. Hometown appeal but still too young to compete vs a place where both guys blossomed into all-star and have the run of the organization and the city.

                      Only wildcard is if we faceplant in the playoffs and Masai decides he doesn't want to pay Lowry big money into his mid-30s. I think that's a very low probability though.

                      Comment


                      • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Stay away BC!!

                        Seriously though, I think Kyle is pretty content in TO, and I view the threat from Philly as similar to the Lakers for DeMar. Hometown appeal but still too young to compete vs a place where both guys blossomed into all-star and have the run of the organization and the city.

                        Only wildcard is if we faceplant in the playoffs and Masai decides he doesn't want to pay Lowry big money into his mid-30s. I think that's a very low probability though.
                        Yeah as you say the threat is that Masai decided Lowry won't be worth the back half of his contract and Philly says they have so much cap space it doesn't matter. This signing could be crippling if made or not made honestly, but ultimately it kinda has to get done from Toronto's standpoint.

                        Comment


                        • If you want to watch some young Kyle at Villanova check out my youtube page. I'm currently uploading games from our 2005 and 2006 season when we had our special 4 guard lineup. Kyle has always had the competitive edge, but it has been amazing watching him grow into the scorer he has become. He really took us to the next level when we landed his commitment.

                          http://youtube.com/villanovabasketball

                          Check out the last play in this game. think you guys will like it =]...start at 1:57:33

                          Last edited by rayfoyecombo; Tue Dec 27th, 2016, 12:30 AM.

                          Comment


                          • rayfoyecombo wrote: View Post
                            If you want to watch some young Kyle at Villanova check out my youtube page. I'm currently uploading games from our 2005 and 2006 season when we had our special 4 guard lineup. Kyle has always had the competitive edge, but it has been amazing watching him grow into the scorer he has become. He really took us to the next level when we landed his commitment.

                            http://youtube.com/villanovabasketball

                            Check out the last play in this game. think you guys will like it =]...start at 1:57:33

                            KL was only averaging 11ppg and 4apg....damn sometimes you really don't know how good a player might become ala Powell but even more so!?

                            Comment


                            • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              KL was only averaging 11ppg and 4apg....damn sometimes you really don't know how good a player might become ala Powell but even more so!?
                              He was actually the 4th option on offense behind Randy Foye (19 ppg), Allan Ray (18 ppg) , and Mike Nardi (12 ppg). I'm so proud of the way he shoots the ball now, because he used to be a strictly get to the basket guy. He rarely took jumpshots especially from 3. (less than 1 attempt per game in his 2 years) Hard work definitely pays off. But you know with Kyle it's the other things he does that makes him special. His willingness on defense and the effort he gives. He hates being shown up by another player.
                              Last edited by rayfoyecombo; Tue Dec 27th, 2016, 01:20 AM.

                              Comment


                              • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                KL was only averaging 11ppg and 4apg....damn sometimes you really don't know how good a player might become ala Powell but even more so!?
                                Westbrook didn't have great numbers at Ucla either and was actually a shooting guard coming out of college. Gives more credence to the idea that many have suggested of trying Powell at point guard. You take his one major weakness which is his lack of height on the wings and turn it into a strength as he'd be up there with wall and Westbrook as one of the biggest most athletic point guards.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X