No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Vecsey? the sameguy that tweeted this during the playoffs last month?

Yeah i don't think he knows what he's talking about.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lakers have no intention in signing Lowry. This will never be the case. 10-12 million for Lowry , well, it is what it takes. Anything more than 12 is over paying. Anything less than 10 would be good.

Comment

• 10-12 we would be stupid not to sign him. We really don't have a choice unless a sign & trade that isn't just "trade exception" comes along.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          Why would see them as a better long-term option?
          They would probably sell him on playing with Kobe next season and potentially acquiring Love via trade with the #7 pick or just signing him in 2015 free agency. Notice I said "might". Really depends on how Lowry thinks, I'm not in his head, but it is possible that the Lakers could convince him they're a better option long term due to their ability to attract star free agents (something which the Raptors have shown zero capacity to be able to do).

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            They would probably sell him on playing with Kobe next season and potentially acquiring Love via trade with the #7 pick or just signing him in 2015 free agency. Notice I said "might". Really depends on how Lowry thinks, I'm not in his head, but it is possible that the Lakers could convince him they're a better option long term due to their ability to attract star free agents (something which the Raptors have shown zero capacity to be able to do).
            But how long-term? The Lakers are looking at probably 2-3 more years of rebuilding even if they land a big free agent like Love, since they have basically no other long-term pieces at all and limited opportunities to add pieces.

Lowry is in his prime. The next 2-3 years could be the best of his career. Does he want to spend them in such a situation? I hope not.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              But how long-term? The Lakers are looking at probably 2-3 more years of rebuilding even if they land a big free agent like Love, since they have basically no other long-term pieces at all and limited opportunities to add pieces.

Lowry is in his prime. The next 2-3 years could be the best of his career. Does he want to spend them in such a situation? I hope not.
              With Love and Kobe? Maybe.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                With Love and Kobe? Maybe.
                Yeah, but Kobe's basically done. And I don't think the Lakers have the assets to get Love until he's a free agent.

So that's one year with Kobe and probably no real other help since they won't want to take any chances that would hinder their ability to pursue guys in 2015 and/or 2016.

Then assuming Love signs, with Love, Kobe and Kyle all under contract, that likely eats up most of their capspace that year and they can't build much around them.

So it'd be looking to Kyle's 3rd year there before they might be able to build something, and that's probably the best case, and then it still takes at least a year or two together for a team to become a contender if everything goes well.

The worst case is Kobe is really done. Love does not sign with LA since every team will be pursuing him and some will pretty certainly give him a better chance to win than LA. LA builds with backup option free agents with Lowry there, and they're not much of a threat in the West at all.

I really think the only way Lowry signs with LA is if they give him an absolutely absurd contract, like 15ish million. It has to be so much money that he's willing to sit through what could be a shitty situation for his whole contract.

Comment

• The Lakers have no one on the roster and $28mm in cap space. Failing to add James, Melo or Love, none of whom is a certainty, they'll go hard after Monroe and/or Lowry. Kobe comes off the books when KD is a free agent.

I doubt they waste the last two years of Kobe to rebuild. Their falling to seventh in the lottery really muddies things up as that pick is not going to be enough to get Love.

If Vecsey is right about the range I have zero problem with MU giving Lowry $12mm/yr. Because depending on which teams strike out in free agency I think someone will overpay Kyle.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    The Lakers have no one on the roster and $28mm in cap space. Failing to add James, Melo or Love, none of whom is a certainty, they'll go hard after Monroe and/or Lowry. Kobe comes off the books when KD is a free agent.

I doubt they waste the last two years of Kobe to rebuild. Their falling to seventh in the lottery really muddies things up as that pick is not going to be enough to get Love.

If Vecsey is right about the range I have zero problem with MU giving Lowry $12mm/yr. Because depending on which teams strike out in free agency I think someone will overpay Kyle.
                    I don't know that they have a choice. They are so far from contending in the West, and even making a big splash like landing Love (probably in 2015) still leaves them with a lot of work to do.

Comment

• There seemed to be agreement that four years at $11m per year for Lowry was fair value for him and this is right in line with that. That's fine.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Very cool graphic...until you see the big print of "Bynum". Maybe they mean Will?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I don't know that they have a choice. They are so far from contending in the West, and even making a big splash like landing Love (probably in 2015) still leaves them with a lot of work to do.
                          I'm not saying they'll be an actual contender, I'm saying they'll try to contend. I really doubt they want to deal with a grumbling Kobe as he wastes his last couple years instead of going after ring 6.

That said, Kobe basically screwed himself by taking the deal he did.

Comment

• I'm surprised Peter Vescey of all people ignited so many posts... that guys worse than Chris Broussard.

Comment

• Listen to ESPN 710 and John Ireland and see if there is even one mention of Lowry LOOOLLLLL

Comment

• How much do you pay Kyle Lowry ?

Peter Vecsey ✔ @PeterVecsey1

I am told it'll take 10-12M per 4 TR 2 retain Lowry. Lakers should make strong play 4 him. Nash must 1st retire & open up cap xtra cap space
                                1:57 AM - 21 May 2014

Given we have to improve the roster in a couple of areas, how much do the Raps pony up for Kyle ?
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X