Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think raptors will be fine tbh as long as Lowry is back before the playoffs.

    Comment


    • I hate the allstar game even more now....

      Comment


      • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Not sure if the all star game made it worse but smh Kyle if so.

        And this is another blotch on Casey's resume and an I Told You So moment for everyone that complained about Kyle playing almost 38 minutes a night.
        Yes, to the first.

        Not sure how you get there on the second point. Do you know how the wrist was injured? If it was an impact injury then I don't know how playing 46 or 28 or 38 minutes or 0 minutes in different games would have prevented that....

        Comment


        • The triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) is a cartilage structure located on the small finger side of the wrist that, cushions and supports the small carpal bones in the wrist. The TFCC keeps the forearm bones (radius and ulna) stable when the hand grasps or the forearm rotates. An injury or tear to the TFCC can cause chronic wrist pain.

          There are two types of TFCC tears:

          Type 1 tears are called traumatic tears. Falling on an outstretched hand and excessive arm rotation are the most common causes.
          Type 2 TFCC tears are degenerative or chronic. They can occur over time and with age. The degenerative process wears the cartilage down over time. Some inflammatory disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout, may also contribute to Type 2 TFCC tears.
          WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A TFCC TEAR?
          Common symptoms of a TFCC tear include:

          Pain, at the base of small finger side of the wrist
          Pain worsens as the wrist is bent from side to side
          Swelling in the wrist
          Painful clicking in the wrist
          Loss of grip strength
          WHO IS LIKELY TO GET A TFCC TEAR?
          Anyone can get a TCFF tear. It occurs most often in those who fall on an outstretched hand. Athletes are at risk, especially those who use a racquet, bat or club and those who put a lot of pressure on the wrist such as gymnasts. Degenerative tears are more common in people over 50. Medical attention should be sought as soon as possible after an injury to the wrist.
          The hand and wrist specialists at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Hand, Wrist & Elbow Institute provide the most advanced treatment options for TFCC tears. Individualized treatment options are developed for each patient to ensure optimal outcomes.
          WHAT CAUSES A TFCC TEAR?
          TFCC tears are often sustained when a person falls and lands on the hand, bending the wrist backwards. They can also be present in patients with wrist fractures. Degenerative TFCC tears are more common in people over 50. A longer ulna (arm bone on the small finger side of arm) can also contribute to this condition because it puts more pressure on the TFCC.

          The Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush (MOR) Hand, Wrist & Elbow Institute has some of Chicago's most experienced physicians who treat triangular fibrocartilage complex injuries.

          HOW IS A TFCC TEAR DIAGNOSED?
          TFCC tears are diagnosed through careful examination of the wrist. This involves some manipulation to see the extent and location of pain and immobility. An X-ray may be performed to check for fractures and other abnormalities. The most reliable imaging test is an MRI, which allows doctors to inspect the tissue and cartilage to see the extent of the injury. It is important for a patient to see a board certified physician specializing in treating wrist conditions soon after a traumatic injury.

          WHAT ARE THE TREATMENTS FOR TFCC TEAR?
          Treatment of a TFCC tear depends on stage of severity.

          Non-surgical Treatment Options

          Splint or cast
          Anti-inflammatory medication, such as ibuprofen
          Cortisone injection
          Ultrasound therapy
          Surgical Treatment Options

          Surgery is generally needed for those tears that don't heal or respond to the conservative treatment. This can be performed arthroscopically through limited incisions. Some tears can be "fixed," simply by "debriding" or cleaning the torn edges and damaged tissue off. Others tears can be directly repaired using sutures. Tears can be associated with a "long ulna" caused by an ulna putting pressure on the TFCC, a condition known as Ulnar Impaction Syndrome. It is treated by cutting the ulnar bone down to appropriate length. This can be done either with arthroscopic or open surgery, depending on individual circumstances. Recovery is several weeks in a cast or splint and usually requires therapy to get the wrist back to full function.

          Comment


          • JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
            I think raptors will be fine tbh as long as Lowry is back before the playoffs.
            I agree. I'm not too much worried about the regular season. It's the playoffs. If he's not back by the playoffs THEN it's over. If he is I have hope
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

            Comment


            • What a dummy. Smh

              This team has the worst track record for managing injuries. We need a polygraph test for players to make sure they are healthy.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                The triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) is a cartilage structure located on the small finger side of the wrist that, cushions and supports the small carpal bones in the wrist. The TFCC keeps the forearm bones (radius and ulna) stable when the hand grasps or the forearm rotates. An injury or tear to the TFCC can cause chronic wrist pain.

                There are two types of TFCC tears:

                Type 1 tears are called traumatic tears. Falling on an outstretched hand and excessive arm rotation are the most common causes.
                Type 2 TFCC tears are degenerative or chronic. They can occur over time and with age. The degenerative process wears the cartilage down over time. Some inflammatory disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout, may also contribute to Type 2 TFCC tears.
                WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A TFCC TEAR?
                Common symptoms of a TFCC tear include:

                Pain, at the base of small finger side of the wrist
                Pain worsens as the wrist is bent from side to side
                Swelling in the wrist
                Painful clicking in the wrist
                Loss of grip strength
                WHO IS LIKELY TO GET A TFCC TEAR?
                Anyone can get a TCFF tear. It occurs most often in those who fall on an outstretched hand. Athletes are at risk, especially those who use a racquet, bat or club and those who put a lot of pressure on the wrist such as gymnasts. Degenerative tears are more common in people over 50. Medical attention should be sought as soon as possible after an injury to the wrist.
                The hand and wrist specialists at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Hand, Wrist & Elbow Institute provide the most advanced treatment options for TFCC tears. Individualized treatment options are developed for each patient to ensure optimal outcomes.
                WHAT CAUSES A TFCC TEAR?
                TFCC tears are often sustained when a person falls and lands on the hand, bending the wrist backwards. They can also be present in patients with wrist fractures. Degenerative TFCC tears are more common in people over 50. A longer ulna (arm bone on the small finger side of arm) can also contribute to this condition because it puts more pressure on the TFCC.

                The Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush (MOR) Hand, Wrist & Elbow Institute has some of Chicago's most experienced physicians who treat triangular fibrocartilage complex injuries.

                HOW IS A TFCC TEAR DIAGNOSED?
                TFCC tears are diagnosed through careful examination of the wrist. This involves some manipulation to see the extent and location of pain and immobility. An X-ray may be performed to check for fractures and other abnormalities. The most reliable imaging test is an MRI, which allows doctors to inspect the tissue and cartilage to see the extent of the injury. It is important for a patient to see a board certified physician specializing in treating wrist conditions soon after a traumatic injury.

                WHAT ARE THE TREATMENTS FOR TFCC TEAR?
                Treatment of a TFCC tear depends on stage of severity.

                Non-surgical Treatment Options

                Splint or cast
                Anti-inflammatory medication, such as ibuprofen
                Cortisone injection
                Ultrasound therapy
                Surgical Treatment Options

                Surgery is generally needed for those tears that don't heal or respond to the conservative treatment. This can be performed arthroscopically through limited incisions. Some tears can be "fixed," simply by "debriding" or cleaning the torn edges and damaged tissue off. Others tears can be directly repaired using sutures. Tears can be associated with a "long ulna" caused by an ulna putting pressure on the TFCC, a condition known as Ulnar Impaction Syndrome. It is treated by cutting the ulnar bone down to appropriate length. This can be done either with arthroscopic or open surgery, depending on individual circumstances. Recovery is several weeks in a cast or splint and usually requires therapy to get the wrist back to full function.

                Comment



                • Comment


                  • JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
                    I think raptors will be fine tbh as long as Lowry is back before the playoffs.
                    GLF wrote: View Post
                    I agree. I'm not too much worried about the regular season. It's the playoffs. If he's not back by the playoffs THEN it's over. If he is I have hope
                    Lowry's a rhythm player. He'll need some time to get back into mid-season form.

                    And we haven't even talked about the time needed to develop chemistry with Ibaka and Tucker.

                    Comment


                    • ^^^^
                      Very thorough thanks

                      Comment


                      • 5 weeks means he'll be back April 3rd. Raptors play Philly on the 2nd, and Pacers on the 4th. If he's back for the Pacers that's 5 regular season games.

                        Comment


                        • Man I hope Woj is right.

                          Comment


                          • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            I laughed out loud at this. Perfect reply to Dr Shift, M.D.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • Proving once again:

                              WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

                              Comment


                              • Axel wrote: View Post
                                What a dummy. Smh

                                This team has the worst track record for managing injuries. We need a polygraph test for players to make sure they are healthy.
                                What we need is a new ironclad stipulation in players contracts. There are already off court activities in which players are forbidden to engage due to high risk injuries (such as motorcycling aka Jay Williams incident") in or otherwise their contracts can be terminated by the team. The NBA needs to have another one stating "Any injury that may/have occurred or aggravated during time off from the player's team must be reported within 24 hours to the team physician. failure to do so will incur a substantial penalty, fine and suspension without pay by the NBA as well as possible termination of contract by the team."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X