Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • At least no one will complain about his minutes any more..

    Comment


    • Jangles wrote: View Post
      My gf tore her ACL last summer and she didn't have any pain after the first 20-30 minutes.

      But yeah, definitely don't buy the excuses.
      she's also (i'm assuming) not a professional athlete who should have known to talk to her team doctor even if the pain disappeared. I mean, these guys don't even have to make an appointment or get on any waiting lists. how long did she have to wait for her scans? Months?. there's no excuse for this.

      Comment


      • Comment


        • rocwell wrote: View Post
          lol

          Comment


          • Jangles wrote: View Post
            My gf tore her ACL last summer and she didn't have any pain after the first 20-30 minutes.

            But yeah, definitely don't buy the excuses.
            I bet your girl's knee was the size of your head after few hours

            Comment


            • Scola's free again. should we sign him for some scoring while Knucklehead is out?

              Comment


              • Rand wrote: View Post
                Scola's free again. should we sign him for some scoring while Knucklehead is out?
                Who's Scola? Never heard of him. Can he play PG?

                Comment


                • Jangles wrote: View Post
                  My gf tore her ACL last summer and she didn't have any pain after the first 20-30 minutes.

                  But yeah, definitely don't buy the excuses.
                  The thing is this isn't the 80's or 90's where players used to ignore lingering pain and just "tough it out". This sort of thinking caused more problems down the line, less effective production on the court and shorten careers of many players.

                  Now a days, teams spend millions on basketball players, so any little thing that is wrong with them that may hinder their performance they want to know about it and be cautious about it.

                  Any soreness, tightness or discomfort should be looked upon by team physician and they should determine if the player should play or not. This is a bit like (extreme example) of the Garbajosa incident. Dude needed rest to recover from a broken ankle but thought about himself first and decided to play with team Spain in the tournament. The result was that he was never healed properly and needed more surgery and thus ended his NBA career.

                  Comment


                  • rocwell wrote: View Post
                    I bet your girl's knee was the size of your head after few hours
                    That's...what she said?
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • I'm disappointed in Lowry,selfish..season is done, it's done..no chance against cavs..I can't defend this...I'm pi$&ed
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

                      Comment


                      • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        The thing is this isn't the 80's or 90's where players used to ignore lingering pain and just "tough it out". This sort of thinking caused more problems down the line, less effective production on the court and shorten careers of many players.

                        Now a days, teams spend millions on basketball players, so any little thing that is wrong with them that may hinder their performance they want to know about it and be cautious about it.

                        Any soreness, tightness or discomfort should be looked upon by team physician and they should determine if the player should play or not. This is a bit like (extreme example) of the Garbajosa incident. Dude needed rest to recover but thought about himself first and decided to play with team Spain in the tournament. The result was that he was never healed properly and needed more surgery and thus ended his NBA career.
                        Yeah but player also have to find time to deal with those injuries and/or soreness. I remember LeBron, pre-miami.. He was talking on how he spends hours before and after the game to deal with soreness and small injuries.

                        Comment


                        • Jangles wrote: View Post
                          My gf tore her ACL last summer and she didn't have any pain after the first 20-30 minutes.

                          But yeah, definitely don't buy the excuses.
                          I have a strange feeling that your gf's
                          ACL doesn't directly impact a multimillion dollar business and if it does that she'd probably have a doctor check it out despite the pain going away. Then perhaps she'd also sound contrite after learning of the impact instead of saying she'd "do it all again".
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                          Comment


                          • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            I'm disappointed in Lowry,selfish..season is done, it's done..no chance against cavs..I can't defend this...I'm pi$&ed
                            Damn...if Hannibal Lecter can't cheer us up I'm out of ideas
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Damn...if Hannibal Lecter can't cheer us up I'm out of ideas
                              YouTube videos of dogs playing in snow?

                              Comment


                              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Yeah but player also have to find time to deal with those injuries and/or soreness. I remember LeBron, pre-miami.. He was talking on how he spends hours before and after the game to deal with soreness and small injuries.
                                Yeah but he probably did all that under the guise of team physician. Lowry on the other hand decided to "walk it off" and hoped for the best and guess what?! he gambled, he lost and so did the team and its fan base.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X