Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    One interesting takeaway from lowrys media scrum yesterday: he said that the loose bodies in his wrist is a 10 year old thing, it flares up and is painful quite often especially after long bouts of wear and tear..

    Could this be a big part of why his shooting seems to go in the tank every single post season? After 82 games the chronic problems continue piling up?
    On top of that, the elbow injury last year sure didn't help

    Comment


    • But I agree, hopefully this rest, in addition to fixing the problem, helps.

      Comment


      • I'm still bummed we're missing 20+ games of Lowry + this team right now, it would likely be the best Raptors basketball in the history of the franchise.

        Really really hope they hit the ground running when he comes back.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • S.R. wrote: View Post
          I'm still bummed we're missing 20+ games of Lowry + this team right now, it would likely be the best Raptors basketball in the history of the franchise.

          Really really hope they hit the ground running when he comes back.
          This season is getting near the end and it could still very easily range anywhere from "lost cause disaster" to "greatest season in Raptors history"

          fun times
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • lewro wrote: View Post
            I see your point re: his age but 3 yrs is out of the question. We gotta beat Philly's 4 yr max so a near max 5 yr is baseline offer imo.
            I'd say he starts at DeMars money and goes up slightly (DeMar is flatline $27m + change). Something like 5/165. That would be a discount starting point.
            Is there an argument to NOT to offer him a 5 year contract? I'm concerned we will have NO flexibility for the next 3 seasons. Perhaps DanH could weigh in. If he gets major injury we're screwed.

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              Bledsoe has never posted a WS/48 over .140. Lowry has floated around .200 for the past 4 years. Bledsoe's RPM has been between +1 and +2 over the past two seasons. Lowry's has been 6+, in the top 10 in the league each year.

              There is basically no measure that suggests Bledsoe is anything more than an above average starter. PER pegs him as a pretty good volume scorer, which seems a little redundant with DeRozan on the team. Lowry is a superstar.

              Lowry will almost certainly decline somewhat over the next few years. He'd have to decline pretty far to drop to Bledsoe's level, and there is no reason to expect Bledsoe to suddenly dramatically improve when he's already 27.

              It comes down to - do you want to win as much as possible now? If so, you find a way to afford Lowry. If you don't want to win now, why bring in a guy like Bledsoe? Sell off veterans and re-stock with young talent and hope to find your next Lowry.
              Bledsoe's USG/ORTG numbers this season are pretty similar to Lowry's until recently. I think it's a fair question: if you plug Bledsoe into our Ride or Die system, does he put up similar numbers as Lowry? The 113 ORTG @ 28% USG is more than above average, it's elite. There is at least some basis to expect him to improve, since the Raps system does tend to make high usage, shot-creating, slashing guards look as good as they possibly can.

              Lowry's improved 3-pt shot is really what's taken him to the next level in his career, which would be the biggest question with Bledsoe. Otherwise, it's an interesting comp, IMO.

              Comment


              • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Is there an argument to NOT to offer him a 5 year contract? I'm concerned we will have NO flexibility for the next 3 seasons. Perhaps DanH could weigh in. If he gets major injury we're screwed.
                This hand wringing and nervous second guessing is pointless. Raptors are gonna back up the brinks truck for lowry. I can't stop the 1000 inevit able posts like this between now and free agency, but it really is pointless.

                It was one thing to question the demar contract, as at that time we still could have been way under the cap and pivoted, but after the demar deal, and the ibaka trade, it's over. This is the core, barring improvements via trade
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Is there an argument to NOT to offer him a 5 year contract? I'm concerned we will have NO flexibility for the next 3 seasons. Perhaps DanH could weigh in. If he gets major injury we're screwed.
                  The argument not to is his age. Spanning the money out over 5 yrs helps a bit with the cap and is a competitive advantage over other teams.
                  I'm assuming someone makes a 4 yr max offer and we have to beat it. I suppose if the best offer was lower than max; we could match or offer up to the max.

                  Comment


                  • tDotted wrote: View Post
                    So in an effort to cut salary, you let Lowry walk and trade away Joseph + JV..... but keep CARROLL?!

                    I have now seen it all
                    Try finding anyone who would take on that contract... Got to bite the bullet there.

                    Comment


                    • Deems wrote: View Post
                      Try finding anyone who would take on that contract... Got to bite the bullet there.
                      Some one took bargs contract

                      Comment


                      • Let's hope the surgery was a made by kyle his representation and the organization and is the best for all. He has been taking a lot of flack for his injury and the all star/golfing rumor but he certainly by traveling with the team shows that he is not totally selfish he can observe his new teamates and provide encouragement for his teammates .If we at least maintain our place in the standings and have a good playoff there is still an optimistic future for this team. We just need the next Greek freek to drop into our lap..Lol

                        Comment


                        • rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          Let's hope the surgery was a made by kyle his representation and the organization and is the best for all. He has been taking a lot of flack for his injury and the all star/golfing rumor but he certainly by traveling with the team shows that he is not totally selfish he can observe his new teamates and provide encouragement for his teammates .If we at least maintain our place in the standings and have a good playoff there is still an optimistic future for this team. We just need the next Greek freek to drop into our lap..Lol
                          You mean Bruno?

                          Comment


                          • rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            Some one took bargs contract
                            And Turkoglu's contract.

                            No contract is untradeable in the NBA.

                            Comment


                            • I really hope Philly gives Lowry a huge offer in the off season. He could mentor a young Ben Simmons, and then move to SG where i think he could excel.

                              There are SO many decent point guards in the league right now, and the draft I heard is point heavy. I don't think it's in our best long term interest to ride with a 34 year old Lowry. Also I think Delon Wright is going to be a god damn beauty.

                              Comment


                              • Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                                I really hope Philly gives Lowry a huge offer in the off season. He could mentor a young Ben Simmons, and then move to SG where i think he could excel.

                                There are SO many decent point guards in the league right now, and the draft I heard is point heavy. I don't think it's in our best long term interest to ride with a 34 year old Lowry. Also I think Delon Wright is going to be a god damn beauty.
                                Kyle will be 31 next season why is everybody rounding up so much lol.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X