Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    But Lowry's argument seems to be that the "system" is not putting him into a position to succeed. I.E. He's making the right basketball play, at least as far as the system dictates. But his teammates and Casey are telling him and DeMar to take contested shots, which are tougher now than in the regular season, which he doesn't agree with.

This is the same debate that's been raging on here for at least 3 years: is the Raps system fundamentally a regular season parlor trick that is easy to game-plan and neutralize in the playoffs, or are our 2 stars and role players under-performing when the lights shine brightest?
    Lowry is a bonehead if he is saying the system that helped him get what will be a max contract in the off season, isn't helping him succeed. Hello McFly, you arent being talked about as a MVP candidate because of your assist rate.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Fair enough but again, how does MU address the lack of leadership when there are only a handful of the type of leaders on the NBA? It can't be as simple as there not being any so we have to tank for high lotto picks. And counting on Casey to become. Pop, Carlisle type leader isn't realistic. There are fewer coaches whom can lead their team than players in the NBA. Difficult problem to solve but I think you have to maintain the purse and hope thatLowry and DD develop into those roles a bit more
      Handful of leaders? We got PJ Tucker for scraps. There are tons of leaders in the league and right now we have only one, who might be a rental player. Your confusing leader with superstar.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Handful of leaders? We got PJ Tucker for scraps. There are tons of leaders in the league and right now we have only one, who might be a rental player. Your confusing leader with superstar.
        My apologies, when you said part of the problem was that "our best players were not leaders" I thought it was about DeMar and Kyle.

Comment

My apologies, when you said part of the problem was that "our best players were not leaders" I thought it was about DeMar and Kyle.
          Our best players aren't so we need vocal leaders who will call them (and everyone) out. Until Tucker arrived at the deadline, we haven't had anyone do that in years. That's a problem. PJ Tucker since training camp team is much different than Tucker since deadline team. Since Tucker might be gone this summer, it's something that Masai needs to plan for as its obvious that the core players and coaching staff aren't up to the task.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• But Lowry's argument seems to be that the "system" is not putting him into a position to succeed. I.E. He's making the right basketball play, at least as far as the system dictates. But his teammates and Casey are telling him and DeMar to take contested shots, which are tougher now than in the regular season, which he doesn't agree with.

This is the same debate that's been raging on here for at least 3 years: is the Raps system fundamentally a regular season parlor trick that is easy to game-plan and neutralize in the playoffs, or are our 2 stars and role players under-performing when the lights shine brightest?

See, to me the reflexive "it's the offense" is becoming a bit of a cop out. Kyle Lowry's game one performance had nothing to do with the offense. Ibaka played good until he got hurt. Derozan had a good first half.

Kyle Lowry playing bad in Game 1 is on Lowry. He looked completely indifferent. He wasn't involving himself at all offensively. He made zero impact defensively. His sole contribution in the first half consisted of three lazy, careless, undisciplined fouls. His head wasn't in the game and anyone watching could see it. He was more engaged in the second half but not by much.

I don't disagree that Raps' offense has post-season issues. That's obvious. But it wasn't the reason they lost Game 1 and I think it may be less of an issue than the fact that there seem to be guys on this team who don't/can't raise their level in the playoffs.

Comment

• That was such a bad performance by Lowry the other night. I think the big lights got to him. Not sure why he plays like a turd during the playoffs.

I'm still a big Kyle fan and it hurt me so much to watch that performance. I really think it was mental. He's just thinking too much. When there is no pressure he's so much fun to watch. But when the pressure is on he shrinks like a dick in cold water.

I think he'll settle in. Brogdon has size so defensively it'll be tough to contain him.. but offensively the Raps were setting picks and Lowry was just giving the ball away. To Carroll of all people.. yikes!

I want so badly for the regular season Lowry to come back tomorrow. We need him badly. As playoff Lowry is using up a good chunk of minutes that we could give to Wright instead.

Comment

• "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm starting to get this feeling Lowry doesn't want to return to Toronto next season. If he walks and we can't get anything for him, it could be a major blow to this team.

Comment

I'm starting to get this feeling Lowry doesn't want to return to Toronto next season. If he walks and we can't get anything for him, it could be a major blow to this team.
                    He had issues with Casey 4 years ago. I have to think they are all back whirling around in his skull. If Demarr is questioning Casey's substitutions, what do you think Lowry is thinking?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      He had issues with Casey 4 years ago. I have to think they are all back whirling around in his skull. If Demarr is questioning Casey's substitutions, what do you think Lowry is thinking?
                      His relationship with Casey is one thing, but his attitude just seems like a guy that says he wants to be the head of the snake but when things don't go his way he shrugs off the responsibility or blames his teammates/coaches. He hasn't exactly embraced this City like you would want a franchise player to either.

Comment

• With these playoff injuries, we deserve a discount.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          With these playoff injuries, we deserve a discount.
                          It will be interesting to see how robust the market is for Lowry.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            It will be interesting to see how robust the market is for Lowry.
                            Yeah, I'm not so sure it's that hot. But all it takes is one team. And he would likely lift Philly out of the dustbin.

Comment

• Actually, I think any suitor with the cap space would love to have him. His attitude aside, he's still the single biggest reason the Raptors are the second best team in the East year in/out.

Comment

• I'm curious whether he'd more more likely to stay (or take a discount to stay) if Casey were let go vs retained. Or if it's largely irrelevant to his decision. Hard to know really.

Comment

Working...
                                X