Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post
    ^ Sounds about right - thx. And the Raps would be paying almost 1/3rd of a billion dollars to 2 guys (KL/DD) who openly believe they have no chance to beat Lebron.
    people say things out of frustration I think we really do not understand the expectations being placed on our star's. As Isiah Thomas (the tv analist/hall of famer) said last year that these guy's feel the pressure of caring a whole country's in a sport that has grown by leap's and bounds.

    Comment


    • He is a small PG that is breaking down EVERY year come Playoff time aka the most important time of the year.

      Please let him walk.

      Comment


      • Bendit wrote: View Post
        Just noticed this...would Masai consider matching or beating this if BC laid this down?




        https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/sta...301376/photo/1
        I...hope not. Seems a good bet that contract will be a crippler in its final 2-3 years.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

        Comment


        • Bendit wrote: View Post
          Just noticed this...would Masai consider matching or beating this if BC laid this down?




          https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/sta...301376/photo/1
          I suspect Masai would offer less and hope he takes it.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            You don't have to be a mind reader or professional psychologist to see that these guys don't believe they can beat Lebron James. You can probably add Casey into that mix. Even though everybody loses to Lebron, but you don't hear them singing his praises to the extent like the Raps did. I never heard Dirk say that kind of stuff when they beat Lebron. Or Paul George, even though they also got swept. Raps open reverence of Lebron was a bit much, IMO.
            your not listening hard enough Paul George will be moving west too.

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post
              Again, another situation where organizational values like toughness and resilience were not being furthered by actual practices and/or personnel. Cultural issue....


              Seems they've become too Canadian.

              Comment


              • Bendit wrote: View Post
                Just noticed this...would Masai consider matching or beating this if BC laid this down?




                https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/sta...301376/photo/1
                I agree with Jalen Rose that you match something comparable but stop short. You almost want him to choose elsewhere so you can go in a different direction and save 10s of millions in luxury taxes. He's earned it, but the 5 year max is a LOT of potatoes.

                Comment


                • Just saw Dan's post up there - 5 years 160-175 mill. The lower number looks pretty Masaiesque - generous, round, and a bit of a discount. Can we give it to him flat at 32 per?

                  Comment


                  • I don't know why some of you even seem ok with the idea of offering near max dollars.

                    So you want to pay DD & Lowry like KD & Steph (soon to be) meanwhile they may not even be as good as Klay & Draymond?! The complimentary players of a championship contender.

                    Let that sink in.

                    How the hell do you ever expect to really win it all devoting that much money to 2 proven losers?! Not to mention Kyle is by far the worst investment out of all names mentioned considering he's 31, breaking down EVERY year and is a tiny PG.

                    LET LOWRY WALK

                    He is nowhere near worth the money and I don't care that it's "MLSE" money, doesn't mean piss it away just so like a bunch of idiots you can be asking yourselves why can we get over the hump with the SAME players. It's time to move on.

                    Comment


                    • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      He is a small PG that is breaking down EVERY year come Playoff time aka the most important time of the year.

                      Please let him walk.
                      What about offering him max contract for only two years with player option for second year ? Similar to LBJ. See what his response is say you're willing to change coaches. He most likely will turn it down but how he responds will be telling. Be willing to let him walk. I could see him signing with Spurs. MU MUST however have a back up plan for PG position. KL's body will not survive 5 years. We're gonna regret signing him to 5 year max in future.

                      Comment


                      • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        What about offering him max contract for only two years with player option for second year ? Similar to LBJ. See what his response is say you're willing to change coaches. He most likely will turn it down but how he responds will be telling. Be willing to let him walk. I could see him signing with Spurs. MU MUST however have a back up plan for PG position. KL's body will not survive 5 years. We're gonna regret signing him to 5 year max in future.
                        Lowry's body probably won't survive 5 years. That's why he'd be completely insane to accept a deal for less than the longest a team can offer him. I'd be blown away if he signed a short term deal.

                        Taking a 1+1 is done to give the player more control, at cost of security. At Lowry's age, and with his limited (relative to his all-NBA peers) earnings to date, there's basically no logic to him going that direction.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Just saw Dan's post up there - 5 years 160-175 mill. The lower number looks pretty Masaiesque - generous, round, and a bit of a discount. Can we give it to him flat at 32 per?
                          We can certainly offer a flat rate, for any amount lower than 175M. Above that you need raises in the deal.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            What about offering him max contract for only two years with player option for second year ? Similar to LBJ. See what his response is say you're willing to change coaches. He most likely will turn it down but how he responds will be telling. Be willing to let him walk. I could see him signing with Spurs. MU MUST however have a back up plan for PG position. KL's body will not survive 5 years. We're gonna regret signing him to 5 year max in future.
                            A 2 year would be the max I would offer him because there is a VERY high likelihood that after those 2 years he isn't going to be anywhere near the player he has been considering he's already breaking down like crazy, literally every year. Quite frankly, while I certainly would absolutely never wish it on him, I find it quite likely that he's going to have another injury that alters his ability to play at the level he's been it within this next 2 year window. We've seen that happen to multiple players (ie/ Kobe) where they start racking up the injuries and eventually one comes along that at their age they can't bounce back from. Before anyone points out age, remember he's nowhere near as well conditioned as Kobe was throughout his career and that makes a HUGE difference.

                            So while I say it would be the max I would offer him, that's in saying if we absolutely had to, to save face because in actuality I say let him walk because it's been FOUR years and each one of them he's broken down and disappointed. The definition of insanity according to Einstein as we know is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It's time to formulate a new plan but given that Masai is an idiot that hangs onto Casey I don't have much faith he will. Quite frankly the only thing that's left to keep me hanging on to this franchise is to see who we pick. If it's some garbage like Lydon, Leaf etc then f it, I'm out, I've already endured 22 painful years, I'm not enduring anymore unless there is some inkling of hope at the end of it.

                            Comment


                            • The (only) good thing about Lowrys injuries is that they aren't your standard breaking-down issues (ie knees). What do we have - elbow, wrist, and he had a bit of a wonky back his year, am I missing something else?

                              Comment


                              • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                The (only) good thing about Lowrys injuries is that they aren't your standard breaking-down issues (ie knees). What do we have - elbow, wrist, and he had a bit of a wonky back his year, am I missing something else?
                                Yeah but it's usually a tell tale sign of other future more serious injuries because clearly their bodies aren't as resilient as it used to be. Again I never would wish it ever on Kyle but I won't be the least bit surprised if/when he does have a more serious one in the next couple of years or so, it's obvious that his body is breaking down.

                                Not sure what other warning signals we need...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X