No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry to the Heat makes a lot of sense.. just don't think it'll happen. If James takes $15M and Bosh/Wade each take $12.5M.. that leaves them for about $23M to fill out the roster. They could give Lowry $8M (his probable low end value) and still have $15M (or $9M if Birdman/Haslem use their player options) to fill out the bench.

This is probably why MU is going to have to spend more like $11M+ to keep Lowry. Just another team to inflate his market value. I really hope if he likes Toronto that he gives us a home town discount of some kind.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Yeah, but he can opt out next year instead. Or not at all. The thing is, if he takes a hefty paycut, why not wait another year or two instead to take it? He can make over 40M the next two years, which could be the value of his entire next contract, including if it comes two years from now instead of this summer.
      with the way his game has gone south the last couple years what do you realistically think he'd command in 2 years?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        And don't forget he was a back up to Jose while feuding with Casey.

A lot has changed in a year but Lowry might take the same approach the Raptors took with him: It is a business and I'm going to do what is best for me.
        But how could Miami be what's best for him from a business standpoint? It's extremely unlikely they're willing to offer as much as Toronto. And while there's an argument for the benefit of exposure/being on a winning team, most of the attention will still go to LeBron. Even Bosh basically gets no exposure, and doesn't seemed to have improved his value off the court in the sense of making more money of endorsements and such.

I do think there's a chance Lowry goes somewhere else, but at this point I'm not at all worried about Miami. And I won't be unless Wade publicly says he's going to opt out and take a massive paycut, or until he opts out and Miami says they won't bring him back.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          with the way his game has gone south the last couple years what do you realistically think he'd command in 2 years?
          It doesn't matter what he commands in 2 years. He won't be a minimum value guy. He'd still at worst be someting like 6-8 M (if Ginobili gets that at this stage of his career). If he signs a 3-4 year deal at 8 million per 2 years from now, he'd still be better off staying in his current deal than opting out to take 10-12M in a new deal this summer.

It's entirely likely that staying in plus whatever new deal 2 years down the road will eclipse the money he'd make opting out and signing a 4-year deal now. The way I see it, if he stays in, in 2 years he still could get that decent deal for 3-4 more years, where he may only be good for half that time, but a team will be willing to dish that deal. Whereas if he opts out now, it may be the last big deal he signs, and he'll have a hard time making more money with that deal plus whatever smaller deals he might sign if he's still playing when he's 36+ years old.

Don't talk about him like he's total garbage. He still averaged 19 pts, 4.5 rb, 4.7 ast on over 54% shooting.

Comment

But how could Miami be what's best for him from a business standpoint? It's extremely unlikely they're willing to offer as much as Toronto. And while there's an argument for the benefit of exposure/being on a winning team, most of the attention will still go to LeBron. Even Bosh basically gets no exposure, and doesn't seemed to have improved his value off the court in the sense of making more money of endorsements and such.

I do think there's a chance Lowry goes somewhere else, but at this point I'm not at all worried about Miami. And I won't be unless Wade publicly says he's going to opt out and take a massive paycut, or until he opts out and Miami says they won't bring him back.
            heat have a muuuuuch better chance at winning than the raps, we're not even in the contending stage yet.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It doesn't matter what he commands in 2 years. He won't be a minimum value guy. He'd still at worst be someting like 6-8 M (if Ginobili gets that at this stage of his career). If he signs a 3-4 year deal at 8 million per 2 years from now, he'd still be better off staying in his current deal than opting out to take 10-12M in a new deal this summer.

It's entirely likely that staying in plus whatever new deal 2 years down the road will eclipse the money he'd make opting out and signing a 4-year deal now. The way I see it, if he stays in, in 2 years he still could get that decent deal for 3-4 more years, where he may only be good for half that time, but a team will be willing to dish that deal. Whereas if he opts out now, it may be the last big deal he signs, and he'll have a hard time making more money with that deal plus whatever smaller deals he might sign if he's still playing when he's 36+ years old.

Don't talk about him like he's total garbage. He still averaged 19 pts, 4.5 rb, 4.7 ast on over 54% shooting.
              he certainly had a good year, especially from a PER standpoint, but what do you think he realistically brings to a team where he's not playing alongside Lebron and even Bosh?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i guarantee you Wade won't be playing when he's 36. he played farrrr too recklessly as a young guy and it's really catching up to him now.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• We have 2 funny threads going strong right now ...

1) Lowry to the Heat
                  2) Lebron to the Raptors

I think you can see where this is headed .... lol

Comment

heat have a muuuuuch better chance at winning than the raps, we're not even in the contending stage yet.
                    i think you missed the point he was trying to make.

if it's a business, you go where you're making the most money.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post

not necessarily. you go where it makes the most sense for you, depending on what things you value more - $$, winning, personal goals, location, etc
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

not necessarily. you go where it makes the most sense for you, depending on what things you value more - $$, winning, personal goals, location, etc
                        When you've never been appreciated as you feel you should be, both monetarily and on the floor, you're probably goign to prioritize money and role (which I guess goes into personal goals). Winning is nice, but not if you have to scale back those things to get there, because then you're not winning on your terms, not being the player you wanna be.

Comment

• If Lowry went to the Heat he would be playing second fiddle to LBJ. That's not a bad proposition for him actually. He could help them tremendously with his solid D, good shooting, and his ability to handle the ball and run the offense, especially with LBJ on the bench.

After watching the playoffs, the Heat really need another ball handler/play maker. Bosh isn't it, and Wade is breaking down. No one on the bench and handle it, and LBJ needs a break. IMO, if Lebron had any sense he would opt out and hit FA. I really think Miami's run is over. The only way I would stay in Miami if I was James is if both Wade and Bosh opted out and resigned for less, leaving the team with better options financially to improve the team. Neither Wade or Bosh are worth what they get paid relative to their contributions to the team on the court. They are great players but their salaries are inflated. There is no Big3 anymore, if there ever was. It's just Lebron carrying that team now, and he might be better off surrounded by good $6-12mil type guys than two $20mil guys and a bunch of scrubs (outside of the vets, Allen, Battier etc.). The vets would show up to play with LBJ regardless of where he played, and he deserves to be paid the max. If I were him I wouldn't consider taking a pay cut. If he opts out, he should play the market and see what options are available.

I could see Jackson luring LBJ to NYK believe it or not. They don't seem to be in a great situation, but if Melo opts out and they can move one or two of those bad expirings like Amare or Bargs, they could turn things around quickly with a LBJ signing. No doubt Phil gets Pau on board as well. Just need a decent guard and voila the Knicks are back in the hunt.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post

Especially if you're going to sign what's likely to be the only 8 figure contract of your career.

Money will definitely be the most important factor in Lowry's decision, in my opinion.

Comment

• I don't think we are in that rough of shape if he goes. it might even prevent us from selling off assets to attempt contender status
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• In fact I would be okay with the following

Lowry to the Heat for 2016 second round pick, 2017 First round pick, 2018 second round pick, 2019 first round pick
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X