Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I call bullshit.

    Here is what I see happening:

    1) Lowry's agent using leverage of other team interest to extract more $$ from Toronto,

    2) Miami showing LeBron they have big plans to keep the HEAT a serious title contender,

    3) Windhorst is a troll. I dropped him from Twitter.

    4) Windhorst even admits Lowry is a long shot. LeBron already took a paycut to come to Miami. Will he do it again? I can't see him doing it to save luxury tax or repeater tax. Is he willing to give up even more money a second time around to maybe win with Miami?


    If Lowry leaves, which I think is possible, it is not going to be Miami in my opinion.
    If Lowry leaves, we got his replacement: ELFRID PAYTON!!!!!

    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/


    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

    Comment


    • Wh do people feel like Lowry has any reason to stay in Toronto. Dont you think he'd love to run with the Heat?

      The heat are old?
      Shitty?

      They just lost in the Finals.... they are just fine, and with lowry they'd be killer.


      This might have legs, or not, but assuming that KL is a lock in toronto is funny to me.

      Comment


      • Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Wh do people feel like Lowry has any reason to stay in Toronto. Dont you think he'd love to run with the Heat?

        The heat are old?
        Shitty?

        They just lost in the Finals.... they are just fine, and with lowry they'd be killer.


        This might have legs, or not, but assuming that KL is a lock in toronto is funny to me.
        I don't think many people are assuming KL is a lock here....but I do assume it's a lock he's not going anywhere that isn't paying him at least $10M per year, even in Miami (maybe if they're really lucky, he settles for $9M)....and that will be incredibly difficult for Miami to pull off.

        Comment


        • great, add another on to the boo list
          Last edited by lilmamba_; Tue Jun 17th, 2014, 09:57 PM.
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

          Comment


          • its the players fault for thinking they can make us fall in love and then leave us. Toronto is the pyschotic ex of the sports world
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

            Comment


            • thead wrote: View Post
              its the players fault for thinking they can make us fall in love and then leave us. Toronto is the pyschotic ex of the sports world
              unfourtunatley, that's the truth
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

              Comment


              • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                Wh do people feel like Lowry has any reason to stay in Toronto. Dont you think he'd love to run with the Heat?

                The heat are old?
                Shitty?

                They just lost in the Finals.... they are just fine, and with lowry they'd be killer.

                This might have legs, or not, but assuming that KL is a lock in toronto is funny to me.
                To expand on what I said before....He'll clearly prioritize money, and then weigh other factors with that.

                Teams with money and without a PG locked in...well that's pretty much one team: the Lakers. There are other bad teams with space where it's possible they bid on him, but it's hard to see there being mutual interest between Lowry and someone like Milwaukee or Utah. They're too much in the middle of rebuilding, and he's too old to spend his prime years going through that. Money will be a priority, but no competitor wants to spend his prime losing. And that can work against the Lakers too, in that tough Western Conference.

                Lots of winning teams would have to pull some magic to clear capspace enough to make a serious run at Lowry.
                -Chicago's been connected in rumours...can't imagine that has any legs to it. They may only be able to clear enough room to pursue one major free agent, and I'd be surprised if it's Lowry even with Rose's health issues. If Rose stays injured, Lowry is still not as good a player as him and they are not contenders. If Rose gets healthy, it would've been a much better investment to actually go after a player at a position of need.
                -Houston is a threat, since they could clear space by trading guys, could stand to upgrade their PG position, and Lowry would probably be comfortable there.
                -Miami is a threat in terms of fit, but they'll have the hardest time of any team to clear up space as it means convincing guys to take a pretty massive paycut (cumulatively). Don't see that as likely.

                Those are pretty much all the teams he's been connected to so far.

                So yeah, Toronto's dealing from a pretty good position where they can offer him money, a chance to be on a playoff team, to play the role of leader, and familiarity is always a plus. And since Toronto doesn't have to work any magic to clear space, they can negotiate confidently and directly with Lowry once free agency starts, when other teams could still be scrambling to figure out how they could even make a real offer.

                Comment


                • Miami offers him a ring.

                  end.

                  Comment


                  • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Miami offers him a ring.

                    end.
                    Not guaranteed at all. And would a 28 year old player in his prime take a paycut to go ringchasing? He'll have years to do that later.

                    Comment


                    • Stop it. Honestly. In a heartbeat that dude is gone if they can make it work and keep a lot of their key players.

                      Comment


                      • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Stop it. Honestly. In a heartbeat that dude is gone if they can make it work and keep a lot of their key players.
                        You stop it you blowhard. Yes, if they can keep their key players and offer him at least $9+ million a year, he's probably gone. That's a pretty big fucking "if". They'd have the hardest time out of any team finding the space to make any offer. And that wasn't your argument originally. And I quote:

                        Miami offers him a ring.

                        end.
                        And your post now says "if this and if that"...well that means it is far more complex than you're willing to discuss, so shut up and stay out of it if you're not going to add anything to the discussion.

                        Comment


                        • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          If Lowry went to the Heat he would be playing second fiddle to LBJ. That's not a bad proposition for him actually. He could help them tremendously with his solid D, good shooting, and his ability to handle the ball and run the offense, especially with LBJ on the bench.

                          After watching the playoffs, the Heat really need another ball handler/play maker. Bosh isn't it, and Wade is breaking down. No one on the bench and handle it, and LBJ needs a break. IMO, if Lebron had any sense he would opt out and hit FA. I really think Miami's run is over. The only way I would stay in Miami if I was James is if both Wade and Bosh opted out and resigned for less, leaving the team with better options financially to improve the team. Neither Wade or Bosh are worth what they get paid relative to their contributions to the team on the court. They are great players but their salaries are inflated. There is no Big3 anymore, if there ever was. It's just Lebron carrying that team now, and he might be better off surrounded by good $6-12mil type guys than two $20mil guys and a bunch of scrubs (outside of the vets, Allen, Battier etc.). The vets would show up to play with LBJ regardless of where he played, and he deserves to be paid the max. If I were him I wouldn't consider taking a pay cut. If he opts out, he should play the market and see what options are available.

                          I could see Jackson luring LBJ to NYK believe it or not. They don't seem to be in a great situation, but if Melo opts out and they can move one or two of those bad expirings like Amare or Bargs, they could turn things around quickly with a LBJ signing. No doubt Phil gets Pau on board as well. Just need a decent guard and voila the Knicks are back in the hunt.
                          Without question: Lowry on the Heat= him as the second option or perhaps the 3rd behind Bosh.

                          And as you said, unless Miami works some (Orlando)magic this offseason, they may be headed for a less successful season, depending on how healthy Wade is, and if their bench returns.

                          Lebron should leave.Cleveland should take him back. Lebron can finish his career in his home city helping raise a young nucleus of talented players. Then again, many other teams are more prepared to win with his acquired services added to their arsenal.
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

                          Comment


                          • I am trying to think of a team that would be willing to spend 8-10 million per to land Lowry. There may not be much competition for Kyle, hence the smokscreen.

                            Comment


                            • stretch wrote: View Post
                              I am trying to think of a team that would be willing to spend 8-10 million per to land Lowry. There may not be much competition for Kyle, hence the smokscreen.
                              I think this was most likely leaked by Lowry's agent to create buzz and possibly inflate Lowry's value.

                              I mean, I know Lowry is even an obvious upgrade for Miami at PG...but do they really need an upgrade at PG? Everyone saying they need a guy to take some pressure off LeBron, but he's still going to initiate almost all of their O when he's on the floor, especially from the perimeter.

                              I'm sure the upgrade would be welcome, but it's far from their biggest problem...which revolves around their weak frontcourt. IF they could address that, I'd imagine it's higher on their priority list.

                              Comment


                              • honestly, i think lowry going to the heat wouldnt work, you got too many bold personalities on that team. the reason chalmers has been their point guard for so long is because hes always being yelled at by all of his teamates. hes like a punching bag. Do you think lowry would make for a good punchingbag, he would fight clash with every one of them.

                                I swear the only reason chalmers is on that team is to get yelled at, every time out somebody is yelling at him. Lowrys personality would clash with lebrons and and every other bold guy on that team, the reason lowry actually lived up to his potential this year was because he was the leader, in miami lbj will obviosly take that crown from him leading to the rebirth of the houston lowry.
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X