No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetically if we were to trade Kyle for another point guard of equal or better talent.....do you think DeMar will want to leave us? (for example Lillard).

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
      Hypothetically if we were to trade Kyle for another point guard of equal or better talent.....do you think DeMar will want to leave us? (for example Lillard).
      Hypothetically, I'd say no, he wouldn't want to leave.

When it came to free agency time (as the legend goes), DeRozan never told Lowry to stay. He told him to do what's best for him, and that DeRozan would support the decision no matter what. That doesn't sound like a guy who's desperate to keep his BFF on the team.
      Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• sounds about right but i remember seeing an article where he was going to ask for a trade if we ever traded Lowry.

If we under perform again this year, the blame will be on Lowry and Demar....might be time to trade one of them. Hope we get to the finals! Winning solves everything

Comment

sounds about right but i remember seeing an article where he was going to ask for a trade if we ever traded Lowry.

If we under perform again this year, the blame will be on Lowry and Demar....might be time to trade one of them. Hope we get to the finals! Winning solves everything
          No, the article was that DeMar was going to ask for a trade in 2013 if we traded Lowry and were going to tank.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

sounds about right but i remember seeing an article where he was going to ask for a trade if we ever traded Lowry.

That was when we were about to trade Lowry to the knicks. DD didn't want any part in tanking.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Why are we even talking about trading Lowry? He's the same guy with a bad attitude he has always been, but he's still the best player on the roster.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Why are we even talking about trading Lowry? He's the same guy with a bad attitude he has always been, but he's still the best player on the roster.
                Its dumb to trade him because he went to the NCAA game over preparing for the Cavs game, but its understandable if he struggles again in the Playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Why are we even talking about trading Lowry? He's the same guy with a bad attitude he has always been, but he's still the best player on the roster.
                  If there was a package that we could get the Spurs to bite on..... Kawhi not? Does that even exist?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Its dumb to trade him because he went to the NCAA game over preparing for the Cavs game, but its understandable if he struggles again in the Playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I think it's the sum of it all. I love Lowry but, this the second time in two years he has put himself before the team.

Last year he went to the All-star game knowing he was hurt and played golf. This year he flys 5 hours back and fourth to watch his college team play. The night before playing a team that has consistently embarrased you over and over again. Than he has that type of game.

That's not good leadership. He is lucky that our lockerroom is full of young guys. A veteran lockerroom would not let him get away with that. Everything raps have done this year is so he performs in playoffs. If flops in the playoffs again im done with him personally.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 02:42 PM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      I think it's the sum of it all. I love Lowry but, this the second time in two years he has put himself before the team.

Last year he went to the All-star game knowing he was hurt and played golf. This year he flys 5 hours back and fourth to watch his college team play. The night before playing a team that has consistently embarrased you over and over again. Than he has that type of game.

That's not good leadership. He is lucky that our lockerroom is full of young guys. A veteran lockerroom would not let him get away with that. Everything raps have done this year is so he performs in playoffs. If flops in the playoffs again im done with him personally.

Flopping in the playoffs is really the only factor worth considering. He could be the nicest guy in the world, put the Raptors above all else, hand out Gatorade during timeouts (a la Calderon, lol), etc. But if he sucks in the playoffs again, nothing else matters. We'd need a change.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Flopping in the playoffs is really the only factor worth considering. He could be the nicest guy in the world, put the Raptors above all else, hand out Gatorade during timeouts (a la Calderon, lol), etc. But if he sucks in the playoffs again, nothing else matters. We'd need a change.
                        This, more or less. We can all agree that putting up with the bad characteristics is a non-issue if he plays well in the playoffs.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I got no problems with Lowry being the biggest dickhead on the team, IF he performs under pressure..... but he doesn't, hasn't and didn't once again. Historically bad, in fact. All he did in the Cavs game was further ingrain the idea that our team leaders shrink when they face Lebron - damage already done.

Lowry should have just put his head down, kept his nose clean and never put the organization in the position to have to make that lose-lose decision for something so trivial and selfish. Teams just don't need that kind of bullsh*t distraction at this time of year.

Christian is right again.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

That's not good leadership. He is lucky that our lockerroom is full of young guys. A veteran lockerroom would not let him get away with that.

Can you imagine if PJ Tucker was still on the team? PJ would have lost his shit.

Comment

• Lowry had essentially one bad playoffs. He's shot badly in several but at the same time has still managed to buoy the team to respectable performances when on the court (while they collapse into nothingness when he is sitting).

It's a completely overblown storyline, made worse by his various injuries the past few years. With his minutes down and him looking fresh, I expect his impact will be great once again and he has a good shot at putting up better shooting numbers with a little luck.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Lowry had essentially one bad playoffs. He's shot badly in several but at the same time has still managed to buoy the team to respectable performances when on the court (while they collapse into nothingness when he is sitting).

It's a completely overblown storyline, made worse by his various injuries the past few years. With his minutes down and him looking fresh, I expect his impact will be great once again and he has a good shot at putting up better shooting numbers with a little luck.
                                Dude. He's supposed to be the best player on the team. Just having respectable on-off stats in the playoffs isn't good enough. He needs to score and score efficiently.

So far there has only been one playoff run where we've gotten Lowry's best, and that was the first one against Brooklyn. The playoffs are the time to step up, not have drop-offs in your performance.

There are no excuses this year. His load, role and minutes are all lightened. The offense is more egalitarian. He doesn't have any nagging injuries or anything that he's dealing with. Show up and show out or get out. Period.

Comment

Working...
                                X