Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 007 wrote: View Post
    Yeah, other than a handful of those turnovers being real head-scratchers, Kyle has been out of this world to start the season.

    And some fans were worried about him...

    Comment


    • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Yeah, other than a handful of those turnovers being real head-scratchers, Kyle has been out of this world to start the season.

      And some fans were worried about him...
      You bet. The thing is, Kyle has been here for a long time, so he is blatantly and unceremoniously taken for granted. Like, flat-out. As a result, he becomes incredibly underrated at times. If he carries the team on his back, puts up incredible numbers, motivates everyone, sacrifices his body out there every night on D, people are like "fine, you've done your job, what's Kawhi/OG/Siakam up to?"

      Then when he gets a two-week bad stretch (which happens to every player in the course of a long season), people want his head. Heck, if goes as much as being ornery (which is part of his personality, and a huge contributor for his "North-Philly" persona that won us some many games before to begin with), people start questioning him. It's a sad reality and infuriating at times.

      I for one, have no doubt that we would be nowhere, like nowhere ,near where we are today if it wasn't for Lowry. I'd have a lot of respect for him even if all he did was play average from now on, let alone if he keeps doing what he has been doing so far. Dude is the glue for this team to say the least.
      Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Oct 21st, 2018, 01:36 PM.
      ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

      Comment


      • Needs to be reposted, CJ might be the wisest Raptor.

        Comment


        • Comment


          • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            It would be different with Kawhi as his court awareness is ten folds better than that player from Compton. ...
            Wow, strange coincidences. Kawhi Leonard's father was murdered in Compton in 2008.

            Comment


            • Through six games Lowry is averaging 19.8 points, 3.6 boards, 10.3 assists (leads league) and 1.6 steals on 58/53/83 splits
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

              Comment


              • Em...vee...peee
                em...vee...peee
                em...vee...peee

                Comment


                • Playing great. You know he was chomping at the bit to play this way (the modern NBA style).

                  Comment


                  • We gotta preserve Kyle physically though. Right now it's all about getting in rhythm and peak physical game shape (for both him and Kawhi), but hopefully by mid-february we start trimming down his minutes a bit
                    ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

                    Comment


                    • Lowry has been super impressive in the 4 games I've seen so far and playing like a true point guard. He helps get so many of our other players into the game with great feeds and then he's just knocking down big shot after big shot when he chooses to.

                      Comment


                      • dylan123 wrote: View Post
                        Lowry has been super impressive in the 4 games I've seen so far and playing like a true point guard. He helps get so many of our other players into the game with great feeds and then he's just knocking down big shot after big shot when he chooses to.
                        he really gets jv and serge the ball in scoring position

                        Comment


                        • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          We gotta preserve Kyle physically though. Right now it's all about getting in rhythm and peak physical game shape (for both him and Kawhi), but hopefully by mid-february we start trimming down his minutes a bit
                          Literally playing with neither of our backup guards available. Once we get a chance to have a real bench unit rolling, his minutes should scale back. Frankly I'm impressed they are as low as they are.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • The thing that has impressed me most about Kyle so far has been his approach to the leadership role. He has fully embraced the situation and has responded by making sure other guys (Ibaka being the biggest example of this) get their chance to shine. We needed this from him so badly for this seasons changes to function and he's showing us he's bought in. Last night he even spoke with the coaching staff to offer his observations which I hadn't seen him do before (feel free to correct me on this if it's not the first time).

                            Everything right now is going well so it's only natural to take the day for granted. However come our first bad streak, the mentioned leadership qualities will really be crucial in reasserting confidence levels in the locker room.

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              Literally playing with neither of our backup guards available. Once we get a chance to have a real bench unit rolling, his minutes should scale back. Frankly I'm impressed they are as low as they are.
                              Of course. With the 2 backup PG's down he's gonna play a lot. The good thing is that right now it doesn't matter, the more he plays with Kawhi & Green, the quicker they'll develop a rhythm and chemistry together, so even if the backups were okay this would be fine. Like I said, it's later in the year (around the all-star break), that his minutes should be scaled back (without losing his rhythm and conditioning), so he's in peak shape for a deep playoff run.
                              ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                Literally playing with neither of our backup guards available. Once we get a chance to have a real bench unit rolling, his minutes should scale back. Frankly I'm impressed they are as low as they are.
                                With the style of play, i.e. Nick Nurse's offense, Lowry's minutes aren't as big a concern as before. His FTA/100 has been cut almost in half, where before Casey was encouraging Kyle and DeMar to drive hard into the paint and get contact to use FTs to boost offensive efficiency. Combinee with no passing and that grinding style was taking a toll on his body. The game looks so easy for Kyle now, and with Green, Kawhi & Nurse, it is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X