Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • stooley wrote: View Post
    not sure we can either, but could you post a link?




    10) Toronto (48-34, lost first round): Raps have a decent shot at keeping Kyle Lowry, but there will be suitors -- and the Lakers are at the top of the list.
    I just can't see Lakers being front-runners for Lowry this year.
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:51 PM.

    Comment


    • rocwell wrote: View Post



      Quote from D Aldridge's morning tip:
      even that article just quotes aldridge from nba.com

      when i originally read his post i understood it as: raptors will probably keep lowry, but a lot of teams will be pursuing him, most of all, the lakers
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

      -Superjudge, 7/23

      Hope you're wrong.

      Comment


      • isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        He was the heart and soul of this team this year, so I don't really understand how you can justify us being fine without him. Care to explain?
        I don't disagree with the fact that Lowry served a significant factor in team's success this year.
        But, it is my assumption that the empty slot created on Lowry's departure would be quickly filled. (Draft + Free agency + Ujiri Magic)
        However, my opinion may in fact be biased, given that I believe Lowry is over-rated (Due to the fact that he has never been this productive before, future productivity is questioned)

        Comment


        • Kyle Lowry is a great player but if he ends up going for the Lakers, perhaps we can do a sign and trade like

          Kyle Lowry for S.Nash + 7th pick (Then we pick up one of M.Smart or A.Gordan) but I doubt the Lakers would want that

          Comment


          • tenforthewin wrote: View Post
            Kyle Lowry is a great player but if he ends up going for the Lakers, perhaps we can do a sign and trade like

            Kyle Lowry for S.Nash + 7th pick (Then we pick up one of M.Smart or A.Gordan) but I doubt the Lakers would want that
            If Lakers r really going after point guard then I'm sure they want to draft PF/C too.

            Comment


            • Players want two things: they want to get paid and they want to win. The Lakers can't really offer Lowry huge money because the Kobe contract has hamstrung them; they can offer him respectable money, and we can match that. They aren't competitive either because of the Kobe contract, and they won't be, and we can beat that. And Lowry doesn't just want to win; he really wants to win.

              I'm not concerned about LA at all.

              Comment


              • I'm not to worried. I'm sure Lowry will be in red and white next season.

                Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                  I'm not to worried. I'm sure Lowry will be in red and white next season.

                  Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  rockets?
                  @sweatpantsjer

                  Comment


                  • ceez wrote: View Post
                    rockets?
                    Damn.. shouldn't have said that, they WERE interested in him too.

                    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Can you believe BC's plan A was to go for a guy (Nash) 10 years older than plan B

                      Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • I don't know why this Lakers team is so appealing.

                        The decision makers behind the team now are different than those last involved with high success versions of the team.

                        The roster is lacklustre and is in dire need of a rebuild but you know they're sticking with Kobe until the wheels fall off and he retires.

                        They have no short term shot at a title even with Lowry and guessing on the long term is a crapshoot. Although they're less prepared than most at. Their current phase and roster...

                        Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Their current phase and roster...

                          Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                          Do they even have roster?

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, yet approx. $35M on the books. I don't know why anybody would want to go there right now. This is a different team with a guy at the helm who has a lot to prove.

                            Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I don't know why this Lakers team is so appealing.

                              The decision makers behind the team now are different than those last involved with high success versions of the team.

                              The roster is lacklustre and is in dire need of a rebuild but you know they're sticking with Kobe until the wheels fall off and he retires.

                              They have no short term shot at a title even with Lowry and guessing on the long term is a crapshoot. Although they're less prepared than most at. Their current phase and roster...

                              Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

                              Jim Buss is incompetent but Mitch Kupchak remains as the GM; the same guy who has been there since the turn of the century and has been at the helm of more than one championship run in LA. It's incorrect to say that the decision makers have changed in Los Angeles.

                              And as enormous and crippling as the Nash and Kobe contracts currently are, they won't be a burden on the franchise for that much longer. Nash is expiring next summer and Kobe the year after. If they fill the roster out with mainly short term, inexpensive deals in the meantime like they did this past year then they should be in a position to chase a big name in free agency in both the summers of 2015 and 2016 respectively. LA will always be a marquee destination for NBA players, especially when they're able to throw money around.

                              They are also adding the #7 overall pick in a few days.

                              All in all I don't think it's quite as dire in LA as you make it out to be. They are probably my least favourite team in the league and I would love to see them toil in the basement for a while but I wouldn't bet on it. We're talking about a team that hasn't missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons since the 70's. They always seem to find a way to take two steps forward after they take a step back.

                              Comment


                              • Lowry ain't going no where,his agent is trying 2 build up his players free agent market by attempting 2 have more suitors for Lowry services...ie social media. U know how this runs,agent talks undisclosed source,spread some rumors so the price goes up. Raptors management and agent probably have already talked...wink wink..but the agent is trying 2 get more money for his player,which is part of the game.
                                Lowry will sign and get 4 years at around 45 million,not 2 worry ppl.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X