Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barolt wrote: View Post
    The real problem is the stretches where we have no deep threats on the floor, if Lowry can't be one. Because Carroll is only 10/30, Powell is 6/19, Ross is 8/24. Patterson and CoJo are the only guys on our team hitting 3s at a decent clip, and CoJo's career says that's not sustainable.
    If CoJo's career says his shooting is unsustainable, then Carroll and Ross' careers say their cold shooting is unsustainable too.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      If CoJo's career says his shooting is unsustainable, then Carroll and Ross' careers say their cold shooting is unsustainable too.
      Fair enough.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

      Comment


      • Barolt wrote: View Post
        The real problem is the stretches where we have no deep threats on the floor, if Lowry can't be one. Because Carroll is only 10/30, Powell is 6/19, Ross is 8/24. Patterson and CoJo are the only guys on our team hitting 3s at a decent clip, and CoJo's career says that's not sustainable.
        without lowry hitting the threes our offense is super tough to execute. the team said it is just a slump and they have to say that because miami is going to leave that shot wide open and play the drive.

        Comment


        • Barolt wrote: View Post
          The real problem is the stretches where we have no deep threats on the floor, if Lowry can't be one. Because Carroll is only 10/30, Powell is 6/19, Ross is 8/24. Patterson and CoJo are the only guys on our team hitting 3s at a decent clip, and CoJo's career says that's not sustainable.
          Unless I made a mistake they're shooting around 41% from three point range game four onward. Chalk the beginning up to jitters maybe because they closed a lot better. Powell and Carroll had a nice game each from long range over that stretch. Ross seems like a lost cause. Pat needs to step up and hit threes.

          Comment


          • Axel wrote: View Post

            I give more credit to RR posters than most. I'm just sick of the "you're not a doctor/coach/GM" argument that gets thrown around by posters like slaw. It's a pathetic argument to make. If you don't like the conversation, either don't participate or try to redirect to a different topic.
            That is not the argument I am making and you know that. I have posted time and again about my views on subject matter experts and how they deserve deference but are not beyond criticism. You also know that. And again, as I've responded to you before, I appreciate your continued advice to me to not post on topics I disagree with you on but I think I'll keep doing it anyway.

            Comment


            • Apollo wrote: View Post
              Unless I made a mistake they're shooting around 41% from three point range game four onward. Chalk the beginning up to jitters maybe because they closed a lot better. Powell and Carroll had a nice game each from long range over that stretch. Ross seems like a lost cause. Pat needs to step up and hit threes.
              return to the mean

              Comment


              • Zach Lowe's been hearing from insiders that Lowry's elbow wasn't slowing him down last series.

                http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15447143
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

                Comment


                • Axel wrote: View Post
                  No but it's another example of injury-rest mismanagement by this team of professional experts.

                  A generic recovery plan (from any doctor) for a diagnosed condition (from the specific Doctor) is not even remotely comparable to the random people in the street.

                  I give more credit to RR posters than most. I'm just sick of the "you're not a doctor/coach/GM" argument that gets thrown around by posters like slaw. It's a pathetic argument to make. If you don't like the conversation, either don't participate or try to redirect to a different topic.
                  We've had some posters chime in who either have a medical background or have dealt with the exact injury that's being reported, so it's not like we're completely collectively clueless around here.

                  There's also the history and trends that are factual (ie: Lowry last season, Carroll this season), which opens the door for the collective to question the chosen course of treatment, since there's often more than a single option available to treat an injury (ie: rest, rehab or surgery).

                  Plus, there's a difference between what is medically accurate and what is simply in a player's best interest.

                  Maybe the medical staff told Lowry, Casey and MU that continuing to play with the elbow bursitis wouldn't cause any additional damage, or cause the situation to worsen. Draining the elbow seemed to help, in the short term. Medically, that could very well be correct.

                  However, as Leo (and I am loathe to give him any credit) pointed out during either game 6 or 7 (and others have done the same here on RR over the past month or so), playing through the pain might be considered heroic and bulldog-ish, but doing so forces Lowry to play with broken shooting mechanics (by having to compensate for the pain and/or constricted range of motion).

                  Rest may not be medically needed to treat the injury, but it could help the condition subside, allowing Lowry to use proper shooting mechanics when the games actually matter - in the playoffs. It's not necessarily questioning the medical knowledge or the abilities of the medical/training staffs, but rather what is in Lowry's and the team's best interest for the playoffs. If Lowry had taken more time off down the stretch of the regular season, when the #2 seed was already wrapped up, maybe his shooting wouldn't have been so bad in the first round?

                  We don't know that it would have been any better (ie: trade shooting mechanics for rust), but I think it's a fair discussion to have, which doesn't require any of us to be better doctors/physiotherapists/trainers/coaches than those on the Raptors payroll.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue May 3rd, 2016, 10:46 AM.

                  Comment


                  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Zach Lowe's been hearing from insiders that Lowry's elbow wasn't slowing him down last series.

                    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15447143
                    Didn't he actually get his elbow drained during the series?

                    Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                    Comment


                    • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Zach Lowe's been hearing from insiders that Lowry's elbow wasn't slowing him down last series.

                      http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15447143
                      At what part does he start talking about Raptors?
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                      Comment


                      • Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Didn't he actually get his elbow drained during the series?

                        Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                        Could be. But Zach Lowe's never seemed to me like someone to throw info around willy-nilly.

                        GLF wrote: View Post
                        At what part does he start talking about Raptors?
                        Around the half hour mark I think.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

                        Comment


                        • slaw wrote: View Post
                          You don't see a qualitative difference between watching a basketball play on tv and criticizing a bad shot and calling the entire medical staff of a billion dollar organization incompetent and negligent because you don't agree with how they have diagnosed and treated physical injuries when you have no knowledge of: what was diagnosed, what was prescribed, what all the options were, and the consequences of any of it?

                          Again, feel free to criticize all you want but there's a substantive difference between reasoned criticism based on evidence (i.e. Dan's argument that Patterson should be starting) and arguments based on supposition and guesswork (i.e. the nonsense in this thread).
                          It's not like we're taking stabs in the dark here. When stuff comes out in the offseason, which it inevitably does, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the guesswork here is relatively close to the truth.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

                          Comment


                          • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Zach Lowe's been hearing from insiders that Lowry's elbow wasn't slowing him down last series.

                            http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15447143
                            Well, disregarding whatever "slowing him down" means, I'm starting to think some of us (myself included) could be so focused on the elbow thing because if that's not the case, then it's just his nerves and that's much scarier.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

                            Comment


                            • Mess wrote: View Post
                              Well, disregarding whatever "slowing him down" means, I'm starting to think some of us (myself included) could be so focused on the elbow thing because if that's not the case, then it's just his nerves and that's much scarier.
                              Agreed. Elbow would make me feel better about it.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • Mess wrote: View Post
                                Well, disregarding whatever "slowing him down" means, I'm starting to think some of us (myself included) could be so focused on the elbow thing because if that's not the case, then it's just his nerves and that's much scarier.
                                I figured it would be clear that 'slowing him down' would mean 'the reason he shot 30% from the field and couldn't hit a three to save his life', but I guess not.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X