Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barolt wrote: View Post
    If he's hurt, he's maintaining it's a slump so that maybe Miami will slightly respect his shot.

    If he says he won't be able to shoot at all in the playoffs, opposing teams can full out treat him like Rondo.(which they pretty much are doing anyways) Saying it's a slump means if he gets lucky and hits a few they might think he's back.
    Yeah man
    This is actually the position which I initially held and that which I expressed to those close to me .
    It's probably the truth , but boy ; are they ever convincing / consistent in the post games..

    But like even If that is the case , why is he taking over 10 shots a game .

    If you are trying to trick your opponents like is it working ?

    I think it would make sense if they were looking to get others going .. someone else has to take 20 shats a game . It can't be just derozan . He needs a partner .
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

    Comment


    • tDotted wrote: View Post


      20 ppg and 40% shooting from 3 in his first playoff series as a starter. Sorry, but this narrative that he can't handle the playoffs is total BS and I'm seeing way too many analysts spew that crap. This guy is a warrior. He will recover.

      (Side note: you can tell his shooting motion is way off by comparing that video to his other games in these playoffs)
      That was three years ago. The thing about fears, anxiety and other mental ailments like that is that they can develop over time. We're our own worst enemies, truly.

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post
        That was three years ago. The thing about fears, anxiety and other mental ailments like that is that they can develop over time. We're our own worst enemies, truly.
        Only 2. And what's the point? The narrative is that he shies away from big moments like the playoffs because he can't mentally handle it. Why can you now exclude the good he's done? This is only his 3rd year in the playoffs with a significant role. One he played great, the other he was heavily banged up, now he's due for a bounceback.

        Comment


        • tDotted wrote: View Post
          Only 2. And what's the point? The narrative is that he shies away from big moments like the playoffs because he can't mentally handle it. Why can you now exclude the good he's done? This is only his 3rd year in the playoffs with a significant role. One he played great, the other he was heavily banged up, now he's due for a bounceback.
          Against the Nets expectations were low. This year they are high (for the first round at least). If he struggles with the big moments of the playoffs, this year would be much more pressure on him than the Nets series. Night and day in terms of pressure, which is really the point if he can't handle the pressure.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • tDotted wrote: View Post
            Only 2. And what's the point? The narrative is that he shies away from big moments like the playoffs because he can't mentally handle it. Why can you now exclude the good he's done? This is only his 3rd year in the playoffs with a significant role. One he played great, the other he was heavily banged up, now he's due for a bounceback.
            OK, two years. I'm not excluding anything, it's you who seems to want to disregard a more recent sample. People do develope issues over time, it's a real thing.

            2014 isn't helping me see now. It might lend some a benefit of the doubt a little but the dude looks scared out there and is struggling on many fronts.

            Comment


            • Some clutch buckets in a crucial win tonight.

              Comment


              • tDotted wrote: View Post
                Some clutch buckets in a crucial win tonight.
                Shot or no shot; there isn't a player on this team that I trust more in the clutch to either make the shot or play (defensively or offensively) than Lowry.

                Which actually made the last play of regulation incredibly shocking for me.

                Also, just overall statement on Lowry as it pertains to this round.

                Lowry's starting to get too focused trying to prove that he's not injured (although it's pretty much an open secret that he is and I get why it's better to try and call it a slump); that's its affecting the rest of his game. He's nowhere near being a negative (as he's still the most impactful player on the team) but he's way too good to be playing so passively; he needs to focus more on the other aspects of his game and get everyone else going.

                I don't care about his shooting percentages (that's not coming back around unless we can maybe knock the Heat off early and get his elbow as much rest as we can) but I do care about the shoot attempts. You're the team's best player and it wasn't just your shooting that made you that. Focus on everything else and let the others worry about that more. When you play well; everyone feeds off that energy. Fill them up.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                Comment


                • Axel wrote: View Post
                  Against the Nets expectations were low. This year they are high (for the first round at least). If he struggles with the big moments of the playoffs, this year would be much more pressure on him than the Nets series. Night and day in terms of pressure, which is really the point if he can't handle the pressure.
                  we were the 3rd seed the nets 7

                  Comment


                  • The thing that amazes me about Lowry is that even though he has been shooting the ball so poorly, we are so much better in terms or +/- with him in. Really puts it into perspective what he means for the team.

                    Comment


                    • Everything Kyle Lowry

                      rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      we were the 3rd seed the nets 7
                      The Nets were a playoff built 6th seed and we were a bunch of first time playoff participants.

                      we were thrilled just to be in the playoffs. We weren't really expected to beat that veteran Nets team in our first post season trip.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • Toronto got jobbed by the refs in tht series.

                        Comment


                        • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Toronto got jobbed by the refs in tht series.
                          this was a foul on JV

                          https://gfycat.com/SomeBlissfulGeese

                          Comment


                          • KHD wrote: View Post
                            Fucking KG

                            Comment


                            • Credit to Kyle for playing well last night. Here's to hoping he proves us doubters wrong because the team rides and dies with him.

                              Comment


                              • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                The thing that amazes me about Lowry is that even though he has been shooting the ball so poorly, we are so much better in terms or +/- with him in. Really puts it into perspective what he means for the team.
                                Yeah; he's our most impactful player even when he's playing bad (relative to how good he actually is). That's actually the biggest issue I see; Lowry hyper noticeable on the court if you've been watching the Raptors play. When he doesn't play to his usual standard; it's even more noticeable and makes it look much worse than it is.

                                It's why I don't really get the narrative that he had a bad series against Indiana. Outside of his shooting; he was damn good in that series.

                                Axel wrote: View Post
                                The Nets were a playoff built 6th seed and we were a bunch of first time playoff participants.

                                we were thrilled just to be in the playoffs. We weren't really expected to beat that veteran Nets team in our first post season trip.
                                Just to add to that; the Nets were the hottest team in the NBA by a pretty good margin after the All Star break. Ironically; I do believe that we were the second hottest team. I actually don't think we were the underdogs in that series but we also weren't the favourites. The only real edge in Brooklyn's favour was playoff experience.

                                KHD wrote: View Post
                                That was one of my favourite fouls from that series. My favourite though was when Lowry got called for a foul for hitting either Deron Williams or Paul Pierce's elbow with his face.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X