Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Wait, are people turning on Lowry? That's crazy. Lowry had a bad game - an awful game. He knows it. Any question he was asked was going to have a pissy response - anyone familiar with Lowry would know this. It doesn't mean anything. He was just being snarky to the media as always.

I expect him to play much better tomorrow night.
    i expect him to as well or else this is going to be a pretty major embarrassment.

Anyway the problem as ever is that there's never acknowledgment of the glaring issues with this team. yet again our "built for playoffs" (lol weltman) offence looks like fucking trash. but dwane casey will just laugh it off, insult the "internet people in their basements", and flash the championship ring that Carlisle won for him, and the MLSE-controlled media will continue to spin the positives of continuity.

Comment

• Lowry has recently been snarky with the Media. I look for him to have a bounce back game. TBH, we need him to score more, but a lot of the team missed open shots.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Lowry was awful. He was invisible in the first half. He effectively removed himself from the play. That's on him. Not on Casey or his teammates. And this nonsense afterward is absurd. Not sure if he's trying to prove some point but he needs to get his head right and lead. No more excuses and no more blame shifting.
        Are we really going to sign him to a max contract? He needs to step up period. If he flames out let someone else spend 30m on him.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          i expect him to as well or else this is going to be a pretty major embarrassment.

Anyway the problem as ever is that there's never acknowledgment of the glaring issues with this team. yet again our "built for playoffs" (lol weltman) offence looks like fucking trash. but dwane casey will just laugh it off, insult the "internet people in their basements", and flash the championship ring that Carlisle won for him, and the MLSE-controlled media will continue to spin the positives of continuity.
          Lowry could have hit 3 more threes and we still would have lost.

If this keeps up there are glaring fundamental questions that need to be asked and answered.

Comment

• Dan, not turning on Lowry. More just disappointed in what I saw during the game and then heard after Game 1 from him. It was a pretty embarrassing performance and to come out and shrug your shoulders and go with, 'well, I guess I'll have to force shots".... I mean, come on.

Would have liked to have heard the players accept more responsibility than what I heard from them. Again, it's not like this is one bad playoff game from Kyle.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Lowry could have hit 3 more threes and we still would have lost.

If this keeps up there are glaring fundamental questions that need to be asked and answered.
              I feel like this actually summarizes the last few seasons.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Anyway the problem as ever is that there's never acknowledgment of the glaring issues with this team. yet again our "built for playoffs" (lol weltman) offence looks like fucking trash. but dwane casey will just laugh it off, insult the "internet people in their basements", and flash the championship ring that Carlisle won for him, and the MLSE-controlled media will continue to spin the positives of continuity.
                Or, you know, the actual two leaders of the team who showed up for a combined 15 minutes in the first half (i.e. Derozan) could take some responsibility.

Comment

Or, you know, the actual two leaders of the team who showed up for a combined 15 minutes in the first half (i.e. Derozan) could take some responsibility.
                  Our best players are not leaders, which is part of our problem. PJ Tucker can play on the team for a few short months and be a better leader than either of our "max" guys.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Our best players are not leaders, which is part of our problem. PJ Tucker can play on the team for a few short months and be a better leader than either of our "max" guys.
                    See I don't have an issue with that. Draymond isn't the max guy but is the leader for GSW. The issue I have is with responsibility. Kyle clearly doesn't take responsibility, and there is definitely a rift between him and Casey.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      See I don't have an issue with that. Draymond isn't the max guy but is the leader for GSW. The issue I have is with responsibility. Kyle clearly doesn't take responsibility, and there is definitely a rift between him and Casey.
                      I have issue because the make up of our team; every player (and coach) looks to Kyle and Demar as if they were leaders. Tucker is not a core member of this team (Draymond is) and could quite likely be a rental player. Rental players can't be your leaders, they can add to the team's leadership but they can't be the leader.

I'd be fine with Kyle and Demar not being leaders if someone like Carroll or Joseph were, but they aren't.

Comment

I have issue because the make up of our team; every player (and coach) looks to Kyle and Demar as if they were leaders. Tucker is not a core member of this team (Draymond is) and could quite likely be a rental player. Rental players can't be your leaders, they can add to the team's leadership but they can't be the leader.

I'd be fine with Kyle and Demar not being leaders if someone like Carroll or Joseph were, but they aren't.
                        I think I understand what you are saying but don't get your point. So DeMar and Lowry aren't natural leaders like say LeBron, but there are only so many of those players out there. What should we do if we don't have a CP3 type leader on the team? And I agree that DD and Lowry aren't natural leaders.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I think I understand what you are saying but don't get your point. So DeMar and Lowry aren't natural leaders like say LeBron, but there are only so many of those players out there. What should we do if we don't have a CP3 type leader on the team? And I agree that DD and Lowry aren't natural leaders.
                          The point is that it is a failing of our team; a lack of leadership and that contributes to our inability to show up prepared for some games.

Masai needs to consider that in the roster construction because if we don't retain Tucker, then we will suffer in leadership again. Casey should also try to be a stronger leader himself instead of just pawning everything to "we go as Kyle and Demar go" mentality. If your entire team is built and directed to follow the lead of your best players, then they need to be leaders.

Comment

• 1st half I think DeMar put his head down and tried to lead by example. Kidd adjusted and we didn't adjust back so DeMar tried to force things. He's not a vocal leader like pj.
                            Kyle is more troubling. The "force shots" comment is a pouty attitude as if he's stuck on the bench behind Dragic et al. This is supposed to be his team and they just got embarrassed in gm1, by a lesser opponent, on their own home court. It's beyond a leadership question, the guy put himself ahead of the team... again. Baseline, that's a bad teammate. Doesn't mean I'm "turning" on him bc I'm critical and have an opinion. I'm not in the habit of coddling our players. I've been critical of JV but I can give him credit that he has legit cause to bitch about not getting the ball but he never does. Lowry shit the bed and he needs to own it and step up.

Comment

But Lowry's argument seems to be that the "system" is not putting him into a position to succeed. I.E. He's making the right basketball play, at least as far as the system dictates. But his teammates and Casey are telling him and DeMar to take contested shots, which are tougher now than in the regular season, which he doesn't agree with.

This is the same debate that's been raging on here for at least 3 years: is the Raps system fundamentally a regular season parlor trick that is easy to game-plan and neutralize in the playoffs, or are our 2 stars and role players under-performing when the lights shine brightest?

Comment

The point is that it is a failing of our team; a lack of leadership and that contributes to our inability to show up prepared for some games.

Masai needs to consider that in the roster construction because if we don't retain Tucker, then we will suffer in leadership again. Casey should also try to be a stronger leader himself instead of just pawning everything to "we go as Kyle and Demar go" mentality. If your entire team is built and directed to follow the lead of your best players, then they need to be leaders.
                                Fair enough but again, how does MU address the lack of leadership when there are only a handful of the type of leaders on the NBA? It can't be as simple as there not being any so we have to tank for high lotto picks. And counting on Casey to become. Pop, Carlisle type leader isn't realistic. There are fewer coaches whom can lead their team than players in the NBA. Difficult problem to solve but I think you have to maintain the purse and hope thatLowry and DD develop into those roles a bit more

Comment

Working...
                                X