Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    Hill plays better D no?

I don't know too much about him but do remember him shutting Lowry down last year
    Never evaluate players based on how they look against Raptors
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Never evaluate players based on how they look against Raptors
      this is true.

But isn't Hill actually a really good defender
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

this is true.

But isn't Hill actually a really good defender
        Above average. But he's not lockdown. I'm not sure if he's better than Cojo
        Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed May 10, 2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
          Pretend your kyle lowry
          Predict what his factors will decide where he ends up assuming the Raptor's give him a good financial offer.
          Obviously if he has good values his family will come first.
          What's next does he have a chance to chase a title.
          Toronto is one of his 3 or 4 best chances to win as a feature player on the team. He's lived here 5 years. His kid was I'm assuming born here or close to it. We will almost assuredly offer him more total dollars than anyone else.

The only way lowry leaves is if the behind the scene stuff is worse than we thought
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            The only way lowry leaves is if the behind the scene stuff is worse than we thought
            Bringing back Dwane Casey could be the thing that tips the scales.

I don't think Kyle is going to want to waste his last shot at a ring under the leadership of someone he only respects as a man.

Comment

how much u want to bet Lowry gives at least 2 different teams an interview
              I fully expect he does. DeMar is an uncommon breed.

But the rhetoric around Lowry is ridiculous. He should indeed test free agency. Hopefully he chooses to stay here. Hopefully for a reasonable deal. Simple as that.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                IMO, giving the Raps giving Lowry the 5th year is the key. From Lowry's side, you have to look at the worst case - you're career is over in 4 years. So, if the Raps total offer over 5 years, exceeds the max offer over 4 years, then I think you have to take the Raps deal. Not sure what that number would be, but I'm sure DanH has it on the tip of his fingers. It's also face saving for the agent to say he got max years and max money than if he went elsewhere, and Lowry can say he left money on the table to give MU flexibility to sign players to help win and was loyal to the franchise. 4 years + a player option would be a pretty sweet deal from the Raps to Lowry.
                Max money over 4 years from another team is currently projected at $152M. Presumably he'd expect to be able to get a minimum deal or some such after that, so a deal with the total value around $160M over 5 is the minimum offer that would remotely make sense for him to take.

160 over 5 would break down as 27.6, 29.8, 32, 34.2, 36.4. That final year doesn't look so bad, and you offer a player option, because plan A is essentially for that final year to use Lowry as expiring trade bait anyway, and on the off chance he's still going strong, I doubt he opts out anyway, probably preferring to cash in the 36M and hope his game holds up an extra year. Could also frontload and go 35.3, 33.7, 32, 30.3, 28.7. No player option in that case, that last cheap year is key in the event he's still good enough to want to opt out.

But that's the minimum offer he'd possibly take. I imagine it ends up higher - with that offer on the table, he could definitely decide he'd rather go somewhere where they are offering the most they can. Whether that extra 8M is enough to swing the decision depends on Lowry. The required differential might be higher - the highest value I pegged it at was a flat max with no raises - 175M total. Still a good deal cheaper than the max, with a much more reasonable 5th year than the max raises gives him, and well above what a competitor can offer. Can't see Ujiri going higher.

So, somewhere between 160M and 175M over 5 years, with a player option if it's backloaded or flat, no player option if it's frontloaded, is where I'd expect the contract to end up.

ball4life wrote: View Post
                Yea, but would it really be a sweet deal for the Raps though? His last year player option will worth around 46 million. an injury prone aging point guard at the age of 35 with a player option of 46 million is as bad as Donald Trump with the keys to the Nukes.
                I think the suggestion was a non-max offer, meaning the 5th year would not be 46 million.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• ^ Sounds about right - thx. And the Raps would be paying almost 1/3rd of a billion dollars to 2 guys (KL/DD) who openly believe they have no chance to beat Lebron.

Comment

^ Sounds about right - thx. And the Raps would be paying almost 1/3rd of a billion dollars to 2 guys (KL/DD) who openly believe they have no chance to beat Lebron.
                    When did they say that?

I suspect you are talking about the line about no one closing the gap on LeBron anytime soon. Pretty sure he meant that no player was going to close the gap on LeBron individually and LeBron would continue to be the best player in the world. Not that a team could not close the gap with the Cavs.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

^ Sounds about right - thx. And the Raps would be paying almost 1/3rd of a billion dollars to 2 guys (KL/DD) who openly believe they have no chance to beat Lebron.
                      If you are referring to how complimentary they were about LBJ through the playoffs then I wonder if that is the "culture reset" Masaii was talking about. Not tough and fitting with the "teams should hate playing us" mantra MU has been pushing

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        When did they say that?

I suspect you are talking about the line about no one closing the gap on LeBron anytime soon. Pretty sure he meant that no player was going to close the gap on LeBron individually and LeBron would continue to be the best player in the world. Not that a team could not close the gap with the Cavs.
                        You don't have to be a mind reader or professional psychologist to see that these guys don't believe they can beat Lebron James. You can probably add Casey into that mix. Even though everybody loses to Lebron, but you don't hear them singing his praises to the extent like the Raps did. I never heard Dirk say that kind of stuff when they beat Lebron. Or Paul George, even though they also got swept. Raps open reverence of Lebron was a bit much, IMO.

Comment

You don't have to be a mind reader or professional psychologist to see that these guys don't believe they can beat Lebron James. You can probably add Casey into that mix. Even though everybody loses to Lebron, but you don't hear them singing his praises to the extent like the Raps did. I never heard Dirk say that kind of stuff when they beat Lebron. Or Paul George, even though they also got swept. Raps open reverence of Lebron was a bit much, IMO.
                          http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/paul...-to-mentor-him

Comment

• Point being?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              If you are referring to how complimentary they were about LBJ through the playoffs then I wonder if that is the "culture reset" Masaii was talking about. Not tough and fitting with the "teams should hate playing us" mantra MU has been pushing
                              Again, another situation where organizational values like toughness and resilience were not being furthered by actual practices and/or personnel. Cultural issue....

Comment

• Just noticed this...would Masai consider matching or beating this if BC laid this down?

https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/sta...301376/photo/1

Comment

Working...
                                X