No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly don't think the raps are gonna sign him..I believe they have already made up their decision long time ago..If these last 2-3 years have shown us..that in the playoffs he vanishes or injured, plus why would u pay a guy that much..when u can pay Andrew Wiggins that money in a year or so..Yes there is no guarantee, but I would risk it..Wiggins is that good. Also LeBron is 32..in a few years Lebron will b good,but not great what he was,that's when u compete for championship..right now raps can't compete..2,3 years from now,sure.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      I honestly don't think the raps are gonna sign him..I believe they have already made up their decision long time ago..If these last 2-3 years have shown us..that in the playoffs he vanishes or injured, plus why would u pay a guy that much..when u can pay Andrew Wiggins that money in a year or so..Yes there is no guarantee, but I would risk it..Wiggins is that good. Also LeBron is 32..in a few years Lebron will b good,but not great what he was,that's when u compete for championship..right now raps can't compete..2,3 years from now,sure.
      Wiggins will be a restricted free agent he is not leaving Minny next year. It will be 5 years before Wiggins will be a UFA.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        I honestly don't think the raps are gonna sign him..I believe they have already made up their decision long time ago..If these last 2-3 years have shown us..that in the playoffs he vanishes or injured, plus why would u pay a guy that much..when u can pay Andrew Wiggins that money in a year or so..Yes there is no guarantee, but I would risk it..Wiggins is that good. Also LeBron is 32..in a few years Lebron will b good,but not great what he was,that's when u compete for championship..right now raps can't compete..2,3 years from now,sure.
        That's the thing, we can't really sign Wiggins (until he's an UFA). And can't really sign anybody that we don't have birds rights for because we'll be over the cap either way. It's either pay Lowry too much money (especially taking luxury tax into account), or lose a stay-level asset for nothing.

Comment

• You can offer him a Max and sign him if ya want.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            You can offer him a Max and sign him if ya want.
            would you?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Lowry's body probably won't survive 5 years. That's why he'd be completely insane to accept a deal for less than the longest a team can offer him. I'd be blown away if he signed a short term deal.

Taking a 1+1 is done to give the player more control, at cost of security. At Lowry's age, and with his limited (relative to his all-NBA peers) earnings to date, there's basically no logic to him going that direction.
              You nailed it. Except if Casey's his coach, his body will definitely not survive 5 years.

2015 playoffs. Lowry is injured and the Raptors get swept. Now even if he had been 100%, that shitty team would have probably lost anyway.

So what does Casey do the following year? Lowry plays the 2nd most minutes per game in the NBA in the regular season behind only James Harden, and is injured again by the time the playoffs roll around. (side note: James Harden, who mocked Pops resting players was injured in this years playoffs and played like shit vs Pop's Spurs).

Surely Casey has learned, no? NO. Lowry again has the 2nd most minutes per game in the regular season and doesn't even last into the playoffs before he's injured. And when the playoffs roll around, his injuries pile up.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                You nailed it. Except if Casey's his coach, his body will definitely not survive 5 years.

2015 playoffs. Lowry is injured and the Raptors get swept. Now even if he had been 100%, that shitty team would have probably lost anyway.

So what does Casey do the following year? Lowry plays the 2nd most minutes per game in the NBA in the regular season behind only James Harden, and is injured again by the time the playoffs roll around. (side note: James Harden, who mocked Pops resting players was injured in this years playoffs and played like shit vs Pop's Spurs).

Surely Casey has learned, no? NO. Lowry again has the 2nd most minutes per game in the regular season and doesn't even last into the playoffs before he's injured. And when the playoffs roll around, his injuries pile up.
                Hard to conclude that Lowry's injuries were the result of overuse though. Two years ago, it was a nasty elbow bruise which could've happened at any moment whether playing 40 minutes per game, or 15.

And this year, it was a wrist injury that happened just before the allstar break. If all it takes to wear down Lowry is 50 games, then again, is minutes per game really the issue?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Hard to conclude that Lowry's injuries were the result of overuse though. Two years ago, it was a nasty elbow bruise which could've happened at any moment whether playing 40 minutes per game, or 15.

And this year, it was a wrist injury that happened just before the allstar break. If all it takes to wear down Lowry is 50 games, then again, is minutes per game really the issue?
                  I'd say it plays a part. He has played 37+ mins in the last 2 seasons.

Comment

• Never seen a study of injuries in general, but there was one on ACL injuries. The frequency really started to ramp up at 33 minutes and was huge in the 38-39 minute range. There is a graph about halfway through this article.

http://fitforfutbol.com/2016/02/the-...ry-likelihood/

Yeah, Spurs have 2 badly injured starters even despite the orgs best efforts so there are no guarantees, but Lowry's high minutes/game and increasing frequency of injuries certainly SEEM to have some correlation to me.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      I'd say it plays a part. He has played 37+ mins in the last 2 seasons.
                      I dunno. I'm not convinced there's a direct causation here. Like I said, banging an elbow on the floor isn't an injury of overuse.

The wrist injury could be, but midway through the season? And for a player that doesn't have a lot of career mileage under his belt like some other "stars" his age. Could just be that Lowry is injury prone.

I'm not a Casey apologist by any means, but considering the +/- numbers when Lowry's on the bench, I can't really blame Casey here.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I dunno. I'm not convinced there's a direct causation here. Like I said, banging an elbow on the floor isn't an injury of overuse.

The wrist injury could be, but midway through the season? And for a player that doesn't have a lot of career mileage under his belt like some other "stars" his age. Could just be that Lowry is injury prone.

I'm not a Casey apologist by any means, but considering the +/- numbers when Lowry's on the bench, I can't really blame Casey here.
                        Can't blame Casey at all, if regular season wins are the ultimate goal.

Comment

Can't blame Casey at all, if regular season wins are the ultimate goal.
                          Well, it's not like Lowry has a reputation of being a playoff performer where he would be thriving with less minutes.

Comment

Never seen a study of injuries in general, but there was one on ACL injuries. The frequency really started to ramp up at 33 minutes and was huge in the 38-39 minute range. There is a graph about halfway through this article.

http://fitforfutbol.com/2016/02/the-...ry-likelihood/

Yeah, Spurs have 2 badly injured starters even despite the orgs best efforts so there are no guarantees, but Lowry's high minutes/game and increasing frequency of injuries certainly SEEM to have some correlation to me.
                            Right when Lowry got here, it was obvious that he's a wreckless player. Constantly hitting the floor, and hitting it hard. And so sure, more minutes mean a higher likelihood of injury, but even on reduced minutes he's an injury prone player because of the way he plays.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Healthy or not, we haven't seen any real promise of sustained playoff all star efficiency that would merit a max-deal. Let's all just move on to not so greener pastures.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                                Healthy or not, we haven't seen any real promise of sustained playoff all star efficiency that would merit a max-deal. Let's all just move on to not so greener pastures.
                                Pretty much. 4 year contract or out.

Comment

Working...
                                X