No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, is he going to coast now? He has looked terrible so far this season.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I don't like that Casey has taken away his bench minutes. Those are where he's most often come alive in games.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shit
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I don't like that Casey has taken away his bench minutes. Those are where he's most often come alive in games.
          True. After tonight's game, I think we'll see the return of Lowry+Bench and a reduction in FVV's minutes.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            True. After tonight's game, I think we'll see the return of Lowry+Bench and a reduction in FVV's minutes.
            We better.

Comment

• and than you guys will complain about him playing too much. Can't have it both ways. Our best player should be able to play well against starters not just bench lineups.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                and than you guys will complain about him playing too much. Can't have it both ways. Our best player should be able to play well against starters not just bench lineups.
                You play players were they can be most effective/disruptive and be most effective in helping the team win. If that means playing Lowry 5 or 10 minutes a night with the bench, why wouldn't you? The Spurs obviously game planned very effectively for Lowry. Changing the look might have helped.

On the other hand, Lowry missed some wide open shots. The whole team did. At times they played as if they were jet lagged. I wonder if that had anything to do with their performance?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  and than you guys will complain about him playing too much. Can't have it both ways. Our best player should be able to play well against starters not just bench lineups.
                  Of course we can have it both ways, because we are capable of actually thinking for two seconds. Play him with the bench more, same for DeRozan, and play them less together. Same total minutes played. Wow, that was so difficult.

Lowry does play well against starters - he's typically elite in closing situations. But if there's a formula that's worked for him, why go away from it?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    But the fact that the Spurs were his first choice, and that if they'd been interested he'd be in San Antonio right now, does suggest that our "winning culture" is still not as attractive as many would like to think.
                    I don't think it's a slight against the Raptors for the Spurs to be anyone's first choice. They are the textbook definition of a perfectly run organization (in any sport). They have a 2 decade headstart on the Raptors in terms of building free agent perceptions.

Comment

• I don't think he said the Spurs were his first choice. Just that they were one of the teams he was interested in.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I don't think he said the Spurs were his first choice. Just that they were one of the teams he was interested in.
                        The Spurs didn't want him though.

If Lowry is as "great" as some people here think, why would the Spurs(the model franchise of the NBA) not want him?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

If Lowry is as "great" as some people here think, why would the Spurs(the model franchise of the NBA) not want him?
                          Because they have a younger, cheaper player in Murray, with more upside....who can be molded by Pop from Day 1.

Not a slight against Lowry.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Because they're capped out and 3 deep at his position?

Why didn't the Spurs sign Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, or Paul Millsap this summer? Are these guys all overrated if the Spurs decided to spend their money on a Patty Mills re-signing instead?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Kyle's gonna look like a 33 million dollar player any day now

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Kyle's gonna look like a 33 million dollar player any day now

To be fair, he was underpaid on his last contract, so the Raps owed him. Hopefully that's not how he's looking at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X