Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not sure I agree. He still seems to be one of the quicker players on the court, stepping in for charges, chasing down loose balls, etc. But for whatever reason, he's indecisive/hesitant on the offensive end.
    I really do think those bench minutes are important for him to get into his groove. He looked pretty good in the 4th tonight (not entirely there, but much improved) after getting a stint with the bench guys to start the Q, finally.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Kyle's gonna look like a 33 million dollar player any day now

Paging Dr. Lowry..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lowry is picking up from where he left off, looking terrible as he did in the Playoffs.

Idk what the hell is off with this guy but it needs to change quickly.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          Lowry is picking up from where he left off, looking terrible as he did in the Playoffs.

Idk what the hell is off with this guy but it needs to change quickly.
          My guess is that with the new offense, Lowry's being asked to be more of a facilitator and a shooter, which takes away his natural aggressiveness and intensity. He's probably not as dialed into the game as much as when everything revolves around him and DeMar. Can't have it both ways.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            My guess is that with the new offense, Lowry's being asked to be more of a facilitator and a shooter, which takes away his natural aggressiveness and intensity. He's probably not as dialed into the game as much as when everything revolves around him and DeMar. Can't have it both ways.
            Actually, you can and should have it both ways. "Ball movement" doesn't have to mean your best players still don't take the most shots. The goal should always be to have scorers end up with the ball, you don't run plays for aaron gray. It's just instead of stand around and watch, it's ball movement, player movement, hunt for a good shot.

Yes assists, players moving without the ball, the extra pass, the 3 ball, these were necessary to increase in our offense. But the end goal here isn't to neuter your best players for a communist offense where everybody shares the load. The leagues elite teams throughout history almost always have a couple guys over 20 ppg and usually a 3rd guy not far behind, and the raptors are no different.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Actually, you can and should have it both ways. "Ball movement" doesn't have to mean your best players still don't take the most shots. The goal should always be to have scorers end up with the ball, you don't run plays for aaron gray. It's just instead of stand around and watch, it's ball movement, player movement, hunt for a good shot.

Yes assists, players moving without the ball, the extra pass, the 3 ball, these were necessary to increase in our offense. But the end goal here isn't to neuter your best players for a communist offense where everybody shares the load. The leagues elite teams throughout history almost always have a couple guys over 20 ppg and usually a 3rd guy not far behind, and the raptors are no different.
              Totally agree, but the question is: can Lowry himself adapt to the change at this late stage of his career? I suppose that was going to happen if he actually joined the Spurs, but you see that even Pop has made some concessions to account for Aldridge. There are limits to how far the Raps are going to be able to push this ball-movement thing to optimize the entire roster after playing an extreme style to maximize 2 guys hunting for FTs for the last 4 years.

Comment

• "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I appreciate the fire/passion/competitive spirit, but as one of the leaders of this team, Lowry's gotta be smarter than that.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I appreciate the fire/passion/competitive spirit, but as one of the leaders of this team, Lowry's gotta be smarter than that.
                    The real culture change should be to stop arguing with refs and stop fishing for calls!!!

Such a bone headed move by Lowry. Leaders don't act this way. They shut up and play.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      The real culture change should be to stop arguing with refs and stop fishing for calls!!!

Such a bone headed move by Lowry. Leaders don't act this way. They shut up and play.
                      Stop fishing for calls? Give me a break.

Derozan the golden boy fish fouls.

And it’s not like any star player is immune to this spur of the moment reaction to refs.

Even a hall of famer coach of the Spurs get tossed out.

Trying to just pin this on Lowry is asinine. Try again

Comment

• Without Lowry, this team is shit.

He made this team respectable.

The dude has aged that’s the bottomline.

Otherwise, we should be all be thankful.

Comment

• It's interesting, last year I viewed the reason for the Lowry-bench units as the bench needing Lowry. Now it seems like Lowry needs the bench units in order to get his mojo going.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Sorry but what the fuck kind of excuse is this?

Kyle isn't even a traditional playmaking point guard, he's a score first PG who is supposed to be a very good outside shooter. If anything it's DeMar who should be saying this, since he really lacks attributes that fit into this type of offense well, yet he's basically just doing what he normally does (albeit on less shot attempts).

Kyle needs to wake the fuck up. I'm so sick of the excuses from him. You're getting 30M a year, stop playing like shit.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Sorry but what the fuck kind of excuse is this?

Kyle isn't even a traditional playmaking point guard, he's a score first PG who is supposed to be a very good outside shooter. If anything it's DeMar who should be saying this, since he really lacks attributes that fit into this type of offense well, yet he's basically just doing what he normally does (albeit on less shot attempts).

Kyle needs to wake the fuck up. I'm so sick of the excuses from him. You're getting 30M a year, stop playing like shit.
                                Agreed. Real all stars don't go a month without a game over 15 pts scored because the offense of the team you've been with do years has been tweaked slightly to pass the ball more and shoot 3s which umm..you do.

Put up or shut up kyle

Comment

Working...
                                X