Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Another game without a free throw attempt. I think Lowry is in decline. His shooting should be fine but, his days as a 20 point scorer are over.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    I hate to say that I agree. And it lowers our ceiling significantly.

I guess the only silver lining to it happening sooner than later is we've kept our heads above water and it gives ujiri time to transition to life without KLOE, rather than the bottom falling out overnight and us being screwed
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Another game without a free throw attempt. I think Lowry is in decline. His shooting should be fine but, his days as a 20 point scorer are over.

I don't see him as declining. He's being asked to change his game to facilitate more. He's doing that and taking less shots....a drop off in scoring is the natural outcome. This is what people were asking for with this team, wasn't it?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I hate to say that I agree. And it lowers our ceiling significantly.

I guess the only silver lining to it happening sooner than later is we've kept our heads above water and it gives ujiri time to transition to life without KLOE, rather than the bottom falling out overnight and us being screwed
        I still have faith that he'll figure out how to be more effective without the ball in his hands so much.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
          I still have faith that he'll figure out how to be more effective without the ball in his hands so much.
          Last night was certainly a positive step to that hope. We wouldn't have won the game without lowry in the 4th. But hes still a shadow of peak lowry obvs

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I don't see him as declining. He's being asked to change his game to facilitate more. He's doing that and taking less shots....a drop off in scoring is the natural outcome. This is what people were asking for with this team, wasn't it?
            People yes. I wouldn't put myself in that group though. It seems like Kyle was the player who benefited the most from the heavy Iso system. It's not just cause of his scoring either. He is having a hard time keep PGs in front of him consistently.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It looks like he's just being less aggressive this year....or in other words, more selective with his shots. Like he's still feeling his way through the new system.

He doesn't look too old, or out of shape (yet).

I'll start to feel concerned if this current play continues through December.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It looks like he's just being less aggressive this year....or in other words, more selective with his shots. Like he's still feeling his way through the new system.

He doesn't look too old, or out of shape (yet).

I'll start to feel concerned if this current play continues through December.
                He does look old when he's playing. His free throw draw rate being way down isn't a coincidence. That's actually the most worrying thing because it's a sign of slowing down athletically that you see for aging guard

Comment

• Want to add that Lowry in decline is still a very good player. Chauncey Billups like player.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Nov 10, 2017, 03:28 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    He does look old when he's playing. His free throw draw rate being way down isn't a coincidence. That's actually the most worrying thing because it's a sign of slowing down athletically that you see for aging guard
                    This could easily be explained by a lack of aggressiveness. Whether the lack of aggressiveness is a result of aging, is to be determined.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      This could easily be explained by a lack of aggressiveness. Whether the lack of aggressiveness is a result of aging, is to be determined.
                      The concerning think to me is you can trace THIS kyle lowry to sometime around mid to late January of last year if my memory is correct. Certainly the 2nd half of the year and through the playoffs

Comment

• Lowry's playing a hell of a lot more off ball and as a distributor, and definitely forcing his way inside less. Fewer free throws makes sense, though I do expect he'll draw more as the season stabilizes.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Lowry's playing a hell of a lot more off ball and as a distributor, and definitely forcing his way inside less. Fewer free throws makes sense, though I do expect he'll draw more as the season stabilizes.
                          FTs are down across the board though no? Harden has less FTs and Westbrook has less.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The concerning think to me is you can trace THIS kyle lowry to sometime around mid to late January of last year if my memory is correct. Certainly the 2nd half of the year and through the playoffs
                            Yep. He's declining somewhat for sure, and we shouldn't be surprised given age and usage/wear-and-tear. Doesn't mean it was a mistake to re-sign him or anything, but it does mean he's probably going to struggle more than others to adapt to the new system. He's older, has never been what you would call a stellar athlete, and he's trying to play in an up-tempo system where he doesn't dominate the ball, which is all he's ever done his whole career (at least those points at which he's been most successful). All at the same time he's trying to guard bigger, younger, faster PGs.
                            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Then it would be even less likely to be ageing, no? To perform like a unanimous allstar for the first half of last year, and then suddenly get "old" a few days later?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                FTs are down across the board though no? Harden has less FTs and Westbrook has less.
                                DeMar is leading the league right now. But yeah, I think it's also a deliberate effort on the refs to cut out some of the stuff almost every guard tried to get away with, but that Lowry excels at. Like after almost every layup Lowry falls to the ground.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X