Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    DeMar is leading the league right now. But yeah, I think it's also a deliberate effort on the refs to cut out some of the stuff almost every guard tried to get away with, but that Lowry excels at. Like after almost every layup Lowry falls to the ground.
    And all the runners (where Lowry deliberately runs into the defender's chest), to draw a foul and chuck up a prayer. Haven't seen that at all this year.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      FTs are down across the board though no? Harden has less FTs and Westbrook has less.
      thank god

Comment

DeMar is leading the league right now. But yeah, I think it's also a deliberate effort on the refs to cut out some of the stuff almost every guard tried to get away with, but that Lowry excels at. Like after almost every layup Lowry falls to the ground.
        Yeah, I know it probably hurts some of DD and KL's game, but I kind of like it. Watching a ton of free throws through the regular season gets boring real quick.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I know it probably hurts some of DD and KL's game, but I kind of like it. Watching a ton of free throws through the regular season gets boring real quick.
          Good thing Raps committed (at least verbally) to this ball movement culture reset thing. Relying on FTs to boost our efficiency looks like a dead end now.

Comment

• Hey Ekoreen must have been browsing this thread today. (I'm not a subscriber but I'm guessing the eerily similarity continues past the first 1.5 paragraphs)

https://theathletic.com/152317/2017/...ee-throw-rate/
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Hey Ekoreen must have been browsing this thread today. (I'm not a subscriber but I'm guessing the eerily similarity continues past the first 1.5 paragraphs)

He'd be irresponsible as a sports coverage guy if he didn't keep an eye on the fan sites.

Comment

Hey Ekoreen must have been browsing this thread today. (I'm not a subscriber but I'm guessing the eerily similarity continues past the first 1.5 paragraphs)

Can't wait till I see the local trade dude, tenforthewin, getting quoted on potential trades near the deadline.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Then it would be even less likely to be ageing, no? To perform like a unanimous allstar for the first half of last year, and then suddenly get "old" a few days later?
                  He put up 28/4/6 in the second half of January, on 44/37/80 shooting. Then 21/5/6 on 41/36/86 for eight games in February before sitting out 21 games with injury. Post-injury he was 20/5/7 on 43/35/80 for a dozen games (4 regular/8 playoff) before hanging it up.

Unless he became an old geezer on February 1st (or rather the 2nd, because he had a great game on the 1st), I think it's more likely that he had a mini-slump for seven games in February last year, got injured, and is now adapting to a new system (lower usage) and different refereeing (lower free throws, though this can also be tied to lower usage).

He turns 32 this year, so decline is lurking, but I'm not convinced what we've seen is evidence of it.

Comment

• ESPN going with that story as well

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ddenly-trouble

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ke-kobe-mantle

The jujitsu of drawing fouls hardly gets you on SportsCenter. It doesn't lend itself to hero worship. But it does come with the admiration of Rockets star James Harden, the NBA's reigning free throw king. In fact, DeRozan and Harden spend summer study sessions in Los Angeles, where they examine every little opportunity to earn a whistle -- like bringing a very low dribble into traffic. This often forces active-handed defenders to make an exaggerated reach to swipe at the ball and creates the kind of reach a referee just might notice. They also hone the fine art of tracking defenders in transition and finding inadvertent-looking contact with them while shooting, which DeRozan calls "body hunting."

Last March, when Harden's team visited Toronto, he and DeRozan dined together. The night before, DeRozan had gotten to the line 25 times in a win over the Portland Trail Blazers -- making his first 24 and missing the last on purpose to kill the clock and secure the win. In baseball, pitchers have perfect games. In golf, there's the hole-in-one. For what Harden and DeRozan do, this was the top of the mountain, and Harden wanted to compare notes, maestro to maestro.

Comment

• Except DeRozan's draw rate hasn't really been affected, in fact it's the highest it's ever been in his career at 53.1%.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          Except DeRozan's draw rate hasn't really been affected, in fact it's the highest it's ever been in his career at 53.1%.
                          DeRozan appears to be the grand exception as many of the top foul drawers are seeing huge drop offs, with most of the exceptions being hack a Shaq candidates. Really speaks to how he draws his fouls - often with pump fakes or strong finishes at the rim.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://twitter.com/HaleyOSomething/...956327936?s=17
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I don't remember seeing this quote from any previous article, but somewhat telling.

“Last couple years, Coach would give me the game for the first five, six, seven minutes. I could feel out the game and get passes off and get everyone involved and now it’s like everyone has to be involved from the jump. For me, it’s getting off the ball, moving and cutting, and it just hasn’t been there for me yet.​”

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I don't remember seeing this quote from any previous article, but somewhat telling.
                                man I am really tired of hearing about lowry's struggles with a basic modern NBA offence. If you can't figure it out then i don't know how you even made this league. Now, how about trying to play some defence in the meantime?

Comment

Working...
                                X