Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    man I am really tired of hearing about lowry's struggles with a basic modern NBA offence. If you can't figure it out then i don't know how you even made this league. Now, how about trying to play some defence in the meantime?
    Lowry never gets a chance to play without Demar. Staggering them would alleviate alot of the poor bench offence

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Lowry never gets a chance to play without Demar. Staggering them would alleviate alot of the poor bench offence
      What the hell kind of excuse is this... So now DeMar makes Kyle worse?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Lowry used to get minutes running the bench. Right now he just plays as the catch and shoot guy next to Demar and without screens he cant get mismatches to draw fouls. Demar hasnt changed anything but the ball movement has come at Lowrys expense

Comment

Also Lowry plays with 4 guards all of whom are reluctant shooters

Comment

• Kyle has definitely struggled with the combination of the new system and playing exclusively beside DD. He's only gotten about 3 MPG away from DeMar for a total of 36 minutes.

And his per-36 stats in those convenient 36 minutes are a 20/6/6 line, with better shooting from the field and from three than when he plays with DeMar. He's taking more shots and drawing more fouls. Obviously a small sample, but still.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Kyle has definitely struggled with the combination of the new system and playing exclusively beside DD. He's only gotten about 3 MPG away from DeMar for a total of 36 minutes.

And his per-36 stats in those convenient 36 minutes are a 20/6/6 line, with better shooting from the field and from three than when he plays with DeMar. He's taking more shots and drawing more fouls. Obviously a small sample, but still.
              If he plays so much better away from Demar that might be why our starting lineup still hasn't be able to figure it out. That and Powell not playing like he did last season with the starters.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Kyle has definitely struggled with the combination of the new system and playing exclusively beside DD. He's only gotten about 3 MPG away from DeMar for a total of 36 minutes.

Id like them to try KL + Miles + OG + Ibaka + whoever, provides spacing the Lowry and no ball stoppers

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Id like them to try KL + Miles + OG + Ibaka + whoever, provides spacing the Lowry and no ball stoppers
                  Agree but talent does get upset by less talent. Repeating is hard for any team

Comment

• One thing nobody's saying though is that kyles been actually really good the last couple weeks. He's been flirting with 20 pts every game on good shooting. Obvs we're all waiting for a "breakout" game tho
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      One thing nobody's saying though is that kyles been actually really good the last couple weeks. He's been flirting with 20 pts every game on good shooting. Obvs we're all waiting for a "breakout" game tho
                      He has. For me it's more his defence than him having some breakout game. His defence has become close to Demar level bad and it doesn't seem like it's going to improve anytime soon. He just doesn't seem to care on that end anymore
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Oh I see we should just have him come off the bench then. Maybe Demar off the bench? They obviously can’t coexist...

Comment

• Kyle Lowry last 4 games: 18.3/4.5/7.5 on 48/38/94.

Also sporting the best RPM on the team (again), 7th best among NBA point guards. Maybe we can take him at his word and consider that a new system takes some getting used to.

Comment

"But still" what? It's too small of a sample to even be relevant.

Comment

"But still" what? It's too small of a sample to even be relevant.
                              Yeah, what was I thinking that it would even be worth bringing up a 36 minute sample. I guess if I'd started an entire thread based on it that would have made more sense.

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Early returns say our default starting lineup doesn't work well with Ibaka/JV at the 4/5.

So far this season it's the 2nd most used lineup (after the all-bench unit) and -6.7 net rating in 45 minutes over 3 games. Again, small sample size, but this is now continuing off the trend from last year where the same lineup (Carroll instead of Powell) was -25.2 in 40 minutes over 3 games. Still waiting for more data for that to come in over the next few games, but it's looking like an issue as I predicted in the offseason.

Not to mention in those 3 games with that unit we've played 2 bad teams at home and one difficult game (the most recent one against Denver). So if anything the stats should be looking better than usual but they still look quite bad.

The exact same lineup with Ibaka at the 5 and Siakam at the 4 (3rd most used lineup) is +19.3 on the year so far.
                              That last lineup had played 28 minutes at the time. And yet, relevant enough to bring up. And make an entire thread about. And that's to evaluate lineup ratings, which are extremely noisy compared to individual player scoring numbers.

After last night, Lowry has now played 44 minutes away from DeMar on the year.

With DeMar: 15/8/6 with 3 TOV per 36 on 20% usage, drawing 2.4 FA's per 36 with a +1 net rating.
                              Without DeMar: 21/7/6 with 1 TOV per 36 on 25% usage, drawing 6.6 FTA's per 36 with a +22 net rating.

Heck, I'm not even relying on this year's sample - my point is that the formula with Lowry getting minutes to go off with the bench has worked great for years now, and he's taken a step back in the year where suddenly he doesn't get many minutes there, AND in the few minutes he has gotten there he looks more like vintage Lowry, much to the surprise of no one who pays attention.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• And what are Demar's numbers with/without Lowry? I'm guessing better with Lowry, and if that is the case it's a tricky balance not playing them together.

Comment

Working...
                                X