Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Lol the eyes closed hug...true love

Dwane had 2 sons. Straight a's never in trouble demar and rebellious wild child kyle
    JV was adopted
    OG is our king

Comment

• Pretty damn cool for the little engine that could to be selected to another allstar team with his brother DeMar. Brings a tear to my eye.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Pretty damn cool for the little engine that could to be selected to another allstar team with his brother DeMar. Brings a tear to my eye.
        Glad for him, his box score numbers took a hit with the changes the team has made, but he was willing to do it. Good to see him get the recognition.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The East all-star pool was so weak this year, that it basically came down ASG reserve guards beating out Dragic and Simmons for the final guard spots. Raps winning big made Lowry an easy pick and the right call.

Comment

• Had a discussion in the JV thread on Lowry's pull-up 3's - some people absolutely hate them, some are fine with them. But they're becoming increasingly popular throughout the league.

Started reading a Trae Young story on ESPN today that had a link to an article about "the rising importance of the pull-up 3" written during the playoffs last year.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...a-kevin-pelton

The ability to shoot the pull-up 3 changes the way opponents defend pick-and-rolls and isolation plays, forcing them to come out higher to be able to contest a deep shot off the dribble.
            That newfound awareness of the need to crowd players who can shoot the 3-pointer off the dribble helps explain the exponential growth in fouls on 3-point attempts,
            The ability to hit the pull-up 3 is also associated with better performance in pick-and-roll situations.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• It's a tale as old as time but here's another view from the New York perspective..

https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/knicks...ed-everything/

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                It's a tale as old as time but here's another view from the New York perspective..

https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/knicks...ed-everything/
                I know schadenfreude is bad but man is it satisfying to see the Knicks maintain irrelevance for yet another year. Their fans are just the worst.

Comment

• Man, the Knicks. I was looking up something the other day and I didn't realize that they have been to the playoffs only 7 times in the last 20 years since they made the Finals in the strike year ('99), including this season. The Knicks have won 6 playoff series in that time and only 1 since 2000. In that 20 year span they have been above .500 only 5 times and only twice 2001. If you take out that Finals appearance, it looks way worse.

We laugh about how bad the Raps have been for the better part of 20 years but the Raps have been above .500 9 times, made the playoffs 10 times and have won 4 playoff series during that same stretch. It's just shocking how badly the Knicks have been run.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Man, the Knicks. I was looking up something the other day and I didn't realize that they have been to the playoffs only 7 times in the last 20 years since they made the Finals in the strike year ('99), including this season. The Knicks have won 6 playoff series in that time and only 1 since 2000. In that 20 year span they have been above .500 only 5 times and only twice 2001. If you take out that Finals appearance, it looks way worse.

We laugh about how bad the Raps have been for the better part of 20 years but the Raps have been above .500 9 times, made the playoffs 10 times and have won 4 playoff series during that same stretch. It's just shocking how badly the Knicks have been run.
                    They have a James Dolan curse.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Man, the Knicks. I was looking up something the other day and I didn't realize that they have been to the playoffs only 7 times in the last 20 years since they made the Finals in the strike year ('99), including this season. The Knicks have won 6 playoff series in that time and only 1 since 2000. In that 20 year span they have been above .500 only 5 times and only twice 2001. If you take out that Finals appearance, it looks way worse.

Very occasionally, life IS fair.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Is there any chance we trade him this summer? Not that I want this at all, and not that it's something we should talk about while everything is going sooooo great, but I was just wondering, just to put a bit of spicy on this forum where we are all too happy right now ahaha!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Is there any chance we trade him this summer? Not that I want this at all, and not that it's something we should talk about while everything is going sooooo great, but I was just wondering, just to put a bit of spicy on this forum where we are all too happy right now ahaha!
                          Is there any chance we don't trade him this summer?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            What?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Is there any chance we trade him this summer? Not that I want this at all, and not that it's something we should talk about while everything is going sooooo great, but I was just wondering, just to put a bit of spicy on this forum where we are all too happy right now ahaha!
                              Nope.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Legit had me laughing out loud.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X