Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Dude. He's supposed to be the best player on the team. Just having respectable on-off stats in the playoffs isn't good enough. He needs to score and score efficiently.

So far there has only been one playoff run where we've gotten Lowry's best, and that was the first one against Brooklyn. The playoffs are the time to step up, not have drop-offs in your performance.

There are no excuses this year. His load, role and minutes are all lightened. The offense is more egalitarian. He doesn't have any nagging injuries or anything that he's dealing with. Show up and show out or get out. Period.
    Respectable? Not an accurate depiction of his playoff impact, especially in that 15-16 run where most of the efficiency criticism stems from.

Absolutely I want Lowry to score efficiently in the playoffs. One of these years he won’t be broken in the playoffs, and every sign points to that year being this year.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeRozan handled it with class. But look at Lowry. Smh.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's tough Kyle but that is some childish bs.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          It's tough Kyle but that is some childish bs.
          How many examples do you need? I was wrong about Kyle. Leopards don't change their stripes. Kyle and dwane need to be exchanged. I'm confident masai could find a good deal for Kyle.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kyle has a terrible attitude man.

Both of these guys need to be shipped out. DeMar has the right attitude but isn't good enough, Kyle's attitude is terrible and he's only gonna get worse and older. So tired of this duo just ship them the fuck out and start over.

Comment

• So I'll ask again like I did during the summer.

Y'all still wouldn't trade Lowry for Irving? Lol.

Comment

So I'll ask again like I did during the summer.

If we had done that then we would have faced the Cavs without our starting point and Casey and Co would have a ready made excuse.

Time to look forward.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  If we had done that then we would have faced the Cavs without our starting point and Casey and Co would have a ready made excuse.

Time to look forward.
                  Oh I'm not even saying we should've done it, I'm just saying that clearly it would be better to have Kyrie who is younger than be owing 60M over the next 2 years to Lowry.

But yeah we need to blow this thing the fuck up and rebuild.

Comment

Oh I'm not even saying we should've done it, I'm just saying that clearly it would be better to have Kyrie who is younger than be owing 60M over the next 2 years to Lowry.

But yeah we need to blow this thing the fuck up and rebuild.
                    Yeah I would so much rather have Irving demanding a trade out of town right now, and bolting next summer if he doesn't get it.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I would so much rather have Irving demanding a trade out of town right now, and bolting next summer if he doesn't get it.
                      I actually... would. Would get more for him in a trade than Lowry.

Comment

• Interesting note from today's presser. Casey was very specific in dissenting from Lowry's assessment that this was a wasted year.

I don't know if it means much given what Masai said (doesn't sound like this core will change), but I wonder if Kyle would be the odd man out if Casey stays.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Interesting note from today's presser. Casey was very specific in dissenting from Lowry's assessment that this was a wasted year.

I don't know if it means much given what Masai said (doesn't sound like this core will change), but I wonder if Kyle would be the odd man out if Casey stays.
                          Lowry is coming at it from a 33 year old guard with a couple last shots at glory before his body gives out

Casey is coming at it from a coach trying to keep his job
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

So I'll ask again like I did during the summer.

No. Lowry next to LeBron would've been terrifying.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              No. Lowry next to LeBron would've been terrifying.
                              yeah they would work very well together.

Comment

• Interesting article up on NBA.com about Kawhi's (and to a lesser extent, Green's) potential impact on Lowry and it brings up some very strong points.

With the additions of Leonard and Green, the flow of the offence should completely change. Over his past two healthy regular seasons, Leonard shot 40.7 percent from three on 4.9 attempts per game and is a dynamic scoring threat from anywhere on the floor. Green is no slouch himself, especially from the corners where he's knocked down 43.9 percent over the last two seasons and should provide Lowry another viable spacing option. Both Leonard and Green have shown a penchant for shooting high volumes of catch-and-shoot 3s, an area that DeRozan never truly embraced despite sharing a backcourt with an All-Star caliber point guard.
                                When Leonard is creating his own offence - which he will a lot - Lowry becomes a very dangerous off-ball threat of his own. While the plurality of his shots were pull-ups last season (40.2 percent), Lowry posted a better catch-and-shoot effective FG percentage than CJ McCollum, Devin Booker and Bradley Beal, to name a few. With even more spacing this season, Lowry has a chance to become one of the premier catch-and-shoot threats in the league.
                                On the other side of the ball, the Raptors gained two of the league's best perimeter defenders. While Green doesn't carry the same level of prestige as the two-time Defensive Player of the Year, he remains one of the league's more underrated defenders and has ranked inside the top 5 at his position in Defensive Real Plus-Minus each of the last five seasons.
                                There's a pretty strong chance Lowry's the biggest benefactor of the move.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X