Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I totally understand Kyle's answer. The Raptors traded his best friend and most loyal Raptor ever, after lying to his best friend and most loyal Raptor ever. Yeah, Kyle was pissed on a personal level.
    It wasn't a lie, it was business.

Comment

• Kyle said last year he kind of wanted to be a spur. Masai said ok I'll bring the spurs to you.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        you're more like Lowry than any of us.

Lowry: "As long as I'm winning I'll be in Toronto"
        golden: "As long as he performs I'll like him as a player"
        On that point, sure. Masai made that clear.... the goal in Toronto is championship. Anybody not on board with that?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          It wasn't a lie, it was business.
          DeMar, Lowry's best friend, told Lowry he was lied to by Masai. Doesn't matter what really was said by Masai to DeMar, Lowry is going to believe DeMar.. If you don't believe your best friend, you're not really a friend.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Kyle has always been loyal to winning and success, not to Toronto.

When he re-signed in 2014, I knew that it was because of the attention, success, love and money he was able to secure. Again, Toronto was the most ideal despite a team like Houston wanting him back. He had everything the first time around.

Then when he re-signed again, we all knew that there was a legitimate chance he'd leave Toronto for San Antonio... until they threw all that money at Patty Mills. When the money was no longer favourable, he went back for the +$30M paycut, with a chance to stay competitive. If he'd gone to San Antonio, barring that changes what would've happened with the Kawhi situation, I think that team is right there with Golden State/Houston.

I don't know if it's ALL about championships for Lowry, moreso if all the boxes are checked off.

DeRozan, on the other hand, probably would've re-signed if the Raptors were a shitty 41-41 team. Lowry would jump ship I believe, which is why he's had to suck it up, and constantly refer to the trade as a "business," knowing he'd snake the franchise for more things addressed on his little bucket list.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              People can talk about Kyle's poopy pants or big booty all they like.

Guy is a fucking G.

Just carry us to the promised land, Kyle.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...clutch-charge/
              Good find.

Toronto has had a help defender, the one most often in position to draw a charge, present during an opposing player’s drive to the basket 36 percent of the time, the NBA’s third-highest rate, according to Second Spectrum.

When Lowry is the player serving as the help defender, the club allows just 0.86 points per direct drive — a number that would lead the league if it carried over for all team minutes. This is part of why the Raptors figure to be such a tough out, especially now with Leonard in the fold: Lowry, Green, Pascal Siakam and Serge Ibaka3 can all slide over and at least hinder, if not completely halt, the progress of a player trying to get to the rim.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Lowe has Lowry in his things he likes this week (and at #1 to boot):
                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...yson-tatum-nba

1. Let's give Kyle Lowry a signature move
                It can be hard to pinpoint what makes Lowry great beyond shooting and defense, which admittedly comprise a lot of it. So much of Lowry's brilliance lives in his bobs and weaves through the nooks and crannies of the game -- in those moments, invisible to some, between when he gives up the ball and when he gets it back. It's hard to conjure a signature move from those two-second bursts of bouncy hyperactivity.

A nomination:

http://media.video-cdn.espn.com/gifs..._Shot_2gif.mp4

That is a Kyle Lowry shot. He is so good at zooming into the lane, stopping on a dime, spinning, and reclining waaaaaaay back so no defender can bother that gorgeous, high-arcing fadeaway.

A second very-Lowry thing:

http://media.video-cdn.espn.com/gifs...Drive_2gif.mp4

He has been fooling suckers with this bit for years. Lean toward that shooter coming off a screen -- doesn't matter if it's Kawhi Leonard, DeMar DeRozan, CJ Miles, Terrence Ross, Norman Powell, Lou Williams, or Greivis Vasquez -- and Lowry will fake the pass there, and zip into the lane untouched.

Lowry might be in the midst of his best season. He leads the league in assists. He is spoon-feeding Serge Ibaka -- thriving as a full-time center -- with one-touch, thread-the-needle pocket passes. Lowry has dished dimes on 28 percent of his ball screens, the third-highest mark among all rotation players, beyond only Milos Teodosic and Ryan Arcidiacono -- two guys who would be happy literally never shooting -- per Second Spectrum data.

Lowry is always on the lookout for Pascal Siakam in flight, and Pascal Siakam is always in flight. He's shooting 61 percent on 2-pointers, by far a career high.

Toronto is deep, nasty, and smart -- a delight to watch.

Comment

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Cabbie is basically all of Lowry stans
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Cabbie is basically all of Lowry stans
                      KeonClark = Cabbie burner account confirmed. But KeonClark is more entertaining than Cabbie these days. He's lost his edge.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        KeonClark = Cabbie burner account confirmed. But KeonClark is more entertaining than Cabbie these days. He's lost his edge.
                        I'm the hero yall deserve

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I just wanted to take notice of Lowry's 17 assists. Spectacular!

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
                                I just wanted to take notice of Lowry's 17 assists. Spectacular!
                                And 12 rebounds! Suprised it hasnt been mentioned really on the board

Comment

Working...
                                X