Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    This is way off topic but I will say humans are hard wired to be pessimists. "Careful, I think there's a lion in that bush." "Nah it's okay. You are such a worrier. HELP." It's obvious who survives. But for long term distant dangers, "experts" draw straight line trends into the future and don't tend to consider ingenuity, creativity and technological change, because you can't imagine what the next scientific breakthrough will be, or even anticipate the impact of current recent technology. Watson (I think it was him) of IBM imagined there might be a market for 5 computers in the world in the 1960's. When the first brick sized cell phones came out, only a few decades ago, no one imagined 10 year old kids being told to put their smart phones away so the teacher could start class.
    As an occasional TED Talk skimmer I think I've got this; Nostradamus was so okay with being wrong he put like 15 end of times dates down to cover all his miss steps. And just like that >2% of all scientists are cool with status quo 2 degree ocean surface level warming because I mean whose really heard of London, Lagos, Bangkok, Dhaka, and Houston.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
      As an occasional TED Talk skimmer I think I've got this; Nostradamus was so okay with being wrong he put like 15 end of times dates down to cover all his miss steps. And just like that >2% of all scientists are cool with status quo 2 degree ocean surface level warming because I mean whose really heard of London, Lagos, Bangkok, Dhaka, and Houston.
      Ha ha. Won't bother getting into it. Wrong place. I will say have you noticed how often the goal posts move when people are predicting disaster is going to happen in the future. One advantage of being my age is I can call bullshit on all of these predictions because I was old enough to read them in the newspapers and watched the "end dates" all come without anything ending. Check back with me in 20 years. Peace.

Comment

Ha ha. Won't bother getting into it. Wrong place. I will say have you noticed how often the goal posts move when people are predicting disaster is going to happen in the future. One advantage of being my age is I can call bullshit on all of these predictions because I was old enough to read them in the newspapers and watched the "end dates" all come without anything ending. Check back with me in 20 years. Peace.
        The world definitely ended in 2012

Comment

Here we go.

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/s...433536/photo/1

Don't know how I screwed that up. Hate using this stupid tablet. But I love my recliner enough to turn up my nose at the desktop. :-)
          Siakam is interesting - one of the few players who've been better without Lowry than with him. Bodes well for the future.

Also worth noting that Vanvleet has the highest net rating w/o Lowry - a healthy 8.5.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Lol so we have climate change denial in this thread now too.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Lol so we have climate change denial in this thread now too.
              Come on Shaolin. Everyone knows climate changes. The big question is can Lowry change? Can he be an facilitator as well as a scorer?

Comment

Come on Shaolin. Everyone knows climate changes. The big question is can Lowry change? Can he be an facilitator as well as a scorer?
                I would say the big question is the other way around. Lowry has shown himself to be a facilitator this year, but can he score when needed? His 3 pt struggles have been downright scary.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Siakam is interesting - one of the few players who've been better without Lowry than with him. Bodes well for the future.

Also worth noting that Vanvleet has the highest net rating w/o Lowry - a healthy 8.5.
                  For FVV, I would guess it's because he played a lot with Pascal last year, and they put him into the starting lineup with Pascal, Kawhi & Green (all high PIPM players) this year.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    I would say the big question is the other way around. Lowry has shown himself to be a facilitator this year, but can he score when needed? His 3 pt struggles have been downright scary.
                    Yup. In the playoffs, we're going to live or die with Lowry's 3-pt shot. And if his shot goes wonky, we'll never know if it was the Yips (most likely), his back (the usual excuse) or some new reason (a flaw in his shooting mechanics, that they apparently just corrected). Lowry simply cannot pass up open looks within the flow of the offense because he's scared to shoot, like we saw earlier in the year.

Comment

• Meh. I don't see Lowry's scoring to be important at all this year. These three dudes need to show up for playoffs: Kawhi, Pascal & Gasol. Lowry just needs to give them the ball
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Meh. I don't see Lowry's scoring to be important at all this year. These three dudes need to show up for playoffs: Kawhi, Pascal & Gasol. Lowry just needs to give them the ball
                        I tend to agree with this more and more. I mentioned in another thread last week that Masai is reducing the importance of Lowry's role as a scorer as he's constructed the roster. Lowry is maybe the 4th option on offense among the starters behind kawhi, Gasol, Pascal. He still needs to push the pace and distribute, but he can play the same role as DG as a spot up shooter if those guys are on their games.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I tend to agree with this more and more. I mentioned in another thread last week that Masai is reducing the importance of Lowry's role as a scorer as he's constructed the roster. Lowry is maybe the 4th option on offense among the starters behind kawhi, Gasol, Pascal. He still needs to push the pace and distribute, but he can play the same role as DG as a spot up shooter if those guys are on their games.
                          People are upset because he's overpaid. But his current skill matches the current totem pole. He's not even the "distributor" anymore. Gasol will relieve his duties.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Meh. I don't see Lowry's scoring to be important at all this year. These three dudes need to show up for playoffs: Kawhi, Pascal & Gasol. Lowry just needs to give them the ball
                            When your PG can't score/won't shoot, the opposition just cuts off the passing lanes. Those dudes won't even get the ball. It'll be turnover city.

Comment

I disagree. Lowry drilling pull up 3's at a 40% rate is one of the pieces that pushes this team up a tier from very good to great.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm still not convinced Gasol can give us a scoring punch. We got him for his intangibles (leadership, IQ, passing, defense). We need KLOE in the playoffs. Especially against a team like the Bucks or Celtics.. and definitely against the Warriors.

Comment

Working...
                                X