Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    JV had 20 and 13 in 25 minutes against the Lakers. That's what he normally did as a Raptor.

If you think that's a Shaq like performance then you must have had your eyes closed when he was a Raptor.
    None of what JV is doing now should be a surprise outside of the passing and even that also isn't really too big of a surprise given that people usually see their assist rate climb after leaving.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I always thought they under utilized him, the pg and 2 guard positions were black holes
      Yeah; they weren't the reason he was under utilized.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        They weren’t the reason why he was under utilized. Casey was.
        C'mon, man. Casey let Kyle and DeMar call the plays on offense. Ride & Die. Keys to the franchise, and all that. Short memories.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          C'mon, man. Casey let Kyle and DeMar call the plays on offense. Ride & Die. Keys to the franchise, and all that. Short memories.
          Derozan and Lowry didn't sub JV out though.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            And then not back on regardless of their play.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              He's still getting subbed out in Memphis. 35% USG isn't sustainable, especially when JJJ gets back, but we never saw 1st or 2nd option JV here at any point.

Comment

Because that was system Casey had in place. He was never the type of coach to adjust to the team’s strength. Casey needed a C that is mobile, can rebound and dunk, thats why Biyombo did well here.

Comment

Because that was system Casey had in place. He was never the type of coach to adjust to the team’s strength. Casey needed a C that is mobile, can rebound and dunk, thats why Biyombo did well here.
                  And yet Casey is building an offense around Griffin as point-forward and Drummond is allowed to shoot 3's. lol. Ride & Die was more about appeasing Lowry to get his buy-in.

"They gotta adjust to me." - Kyle Lowry
                  Last edited by golden; Tue Feb 26, 2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Memphis has lost to the Spurs, Cavs, Bulls and Clippers since JV joined. Wether JV could put up numbers was never a question, the question was always if a team could win consistently playing that old school, half court style of basketball which JV thrives in.

Hopefully Memphis can start a streak of wins after beating the Lakers.

Comment

• Everything Kyle Lowry

golden wrote: View Post
                      And yet Casey is building an offense around Griffin as point-forward and Drummond is allowed to shoot 3's. lol. Ride & Die was more about appeasing Lowry to get his buy-in.

"They gotta adjust to me." - Kyle Lowry
                      Well you kind of have to play through Griffin and Drummond, they are the star players. Good luck running the offense through Reggie Jackson.

Lowry is the last person to blame considering he actually does make plays for his teammates.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Actually I thought Lowry had the best record of passing to JV of anyone on the team during JV's tenure with the Raps. Can't pass to him if he's not on the court.
                        I recall a Lowry interview last year when DD was out injured. He said he couldn't believe how many times JV was wide open and they didn't hit him. He started correcting that ..... until DD returned.

How many times did we watch JV go off for 10-12 in the first quarter or 15 in the half and then basically sit or be ignored the rest of the game by Lowry/DD and Casey?

All the friggin' time.....

Comment

Well you kind of have to play through Griffin and Drummond, they are the star players. Good luck running the offense through Reggie Jackson.

Lowry is the last person to blame considering he actually does make plays for his teammates.
                          And yet that's a perfect example. Jackson had his best season (19.6 PER, 18.8ppg) when he had his highest usage (30%), and then he was injured for a couple of years. He was complaining that it was hard to get used to playing off-ball this year, now that he's healthy.

It's actually not that hard to make a PG look great, as long as the coach is on board with it. Ramp Jackson's usage back up to 30% and he's close to a 19-20pt, 8-9ast, fringe all-star.

Comment

And yet that's a perfect example. Jackson had his best season (19.6 PER, 18.8ppg) when he had his highest usage (30%), and then he was injured for a couple of years. He was complaining that it was hard to get used to playing off-ball this year, now that he's healthy.

It's actually not that hard to make a PG look great, as long as the coach is on board with it. Ramp Jackson's usage back up to 30% and he's close to a 19-20pt, 8-9ast, fringe all-star.
                            He averaged 18.8 points on a team when Blake wasn’t there, so the team was run through Reggie and Drummond. Blake is a star player, you kind of have to automatically adjust playing through him when he is on your team.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Memphis has lost to the Spurs, Cavs, Bulls and Clippers since JV joined. Wether JV could put up numbers was never a question, the question was always if a team could win consistently playing that old school, half court style of basketball which JV thrives in.

This argument is completely absurd.

Memphis is a trash team. JV is one of the only reasons they've been in some of these games.

He also doesn't kill your pace. You need options in the halfcourt, because you can't play uptempo all the time, especially if you lack the playmakers and shooters to do it. Not every team needs to try to be a Warriors clone, and even they went after a big slow guy to try and plug their most glaring hole. And frankly, our best players don't really excel in the open court, except for Siakam.

Basically, do you think we would have lost more games if we had invested more in JV? I would find it hard to buy that argument. We played slow anyway because DeMar was also more of a halfcourt player. We just did so while making JV and his development an afterthought. Also as the playoffs have repeatedly shown, you need guys who can manufacture points when things get slow and chippy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Memphis has lost to the Spurs, Cavs, Bulls and Clippers since JV joined. Wether JV could put up numbers was never a question, the question was always if a team could win consistently playing that old school, half court style of basketball which JV thrives in.

Did you watch any games? The fact that the Grizz even won 1 game with Chandler Parsons, Bruno & CJ Miles constantly building brick condos is a feat in itself. And they've been without their best player - a rookie.

Comment

Working...
                                X