No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Kyle did make the all-star team.. and you could argue about the merit of that. He's not having a typical all-star caliber season. He's having a great season impact wise, but that's not what gets you in the all-star game generally. So I could see why he would be considered over rated.

However.. if I remember correctly, Semi Ojeleye also got a nod for most over rated. Who's rating him, let alone over rating him?

Comment

• My hope for Kyle in the playoffs is that he does not shrink and become a non factor if his shot isn't dropping. Just do everything else he normally does at a high level and raptors should be fine.

Comment

• Kyle keeps on choking in the playoffs. The only thing Kyle could hit tonight was MCW's face.

Comment

• But...but...it's all lazy narrative! Lowry is great in the playoffs!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Game 1 curse finally explained.....

Comment

• The Raps lost the 14 minutes Lowry sat by 14 points... Not sure this Lowry shooting narrative really tells the story of the game, guys...

Honestly, I'm proud this thread is not more of a dumpster fire.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                The Raps lost the 14 minutes Lowry sat by 14 points... Not sure this Lowry shooting narrative really tells the story of the game, guys...

Honestly, I'm proud this thread is not more of a dumpster fire.
                If we're going all in with the +/- narrative, then I'm okay with Lowry scoring zero points as long as he was +15 yesterday. His job is to win, and he knows that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If we're going all in with the +/- narrative, then I'm okay with Lowry scoring zero points as long as he was +15 yesterday. His job is to win, and he knows that.
                  I mean, sure, but if you are trying to actually think about why the game was lost, the Lowry blame game is about as lazy an analysis as you can get. They lost because the team shat the bed when Lowry wasn't there to hold their hands.

Thankfully, that should be easily correctable.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I mean, sure, but if you are trying to actually think about why the game was lost, the Lowry blame game is about as lazy an analysis as you can get. They lost because the team shat the bed when Lowry wasn't there to hold their hands.

We lost because the Magic scored 3 more points than the Raptors. One stop of DJ Augustin by Lowry, and 2 made FTs by Lowry and we win the game. How's that for lazy analysis?

Comment

I dunno Dan..if Kyle scored 4 points we would have won. 4. And he would have been +15. Its a cop out to fall back on his plus minus. He still needs to hit the odd shot, or free throw.

Hes probably the only all star In the league that gets praised for his plus minus in a 34 minute 0 point game
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I dunno Dan..if Kyle scored 4 points we would have won. 4. And he would have been +15. Its a cop out to fall back on his plus minus. He still needs to hit the odd shot, or free throw.

Hes probably the only all star In the league that gets praised for his plus minus in a 34 minute 0 point game
                        When Keon is calling out DanH for being un-biased..... well, anyway. Raps still in 6, but damn, I thought Lowry's yips days were behind him.

Comment

• Yea..there is a completely reasonable middle ground where one can acknowledge that Lowry does things well even when he doesn’t score but he needs to be better than 0-7.
                          That doesn’t mean he should be traded or benched. I fully expect him to have a great playoffs but his scoring wasn’t there in game 1 and it’s totally reasonable to criticize that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

When Keon is calling out DanH for being un-biased..... well, anyway. Raps still in 6, but damn, I thought Lowry's yips days were behind him.
                            I dont think I'm biased (although probably everybody says that. I'm able to criticize if necessary or praise if he good. Hes usually good..
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If the criticism is Lowry missing shots, uh, yeah, he missed shots. Hit shots better I guess?

If the criticism is meant as something actually useful and constructive... If Lowry forced 5 more tough shots rather than run the offence to make sure he got points on the board, are we happier about that? What would you prefer Lowry have done, in terms of decision making?

Again, if we are talking about reasons why the team lost, Lowry's shooting should be pretty far down the list. A reason? Sure. Could also blame every other player who missed shots. But missed shots happen. There are always dozens of little things that swing points one way or the other every game. Focusing on Lowry's shooting is to ignore the actual problems that led to this loss, distracted by the shiny bauble that is Lowry's 0-fer line.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

He shouldn’t get praised, but he also shouldn’t be the only one getting blamed.

Comment

Working...
                                X