Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

He shouldn’t get praised, but he also shouldn’t be the only one getting blamed.
    Lowry & Nurse are top 2. That's the head of the snake.

Comment

• yeah Lowry is MVP still. This team goes only as far as he goes.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Lowry & Nurse are top 2. That's the head of the snake.
        No way man.. Fred was way worse than Lowry on Saturday. Nurse and Fred were the biggest two that need to be blamed for that loss.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

No way man.. Fred was way worse than Lowry on Saturday. Nurse and Fred were the biggest two that need to be blamed for that loss.
          Not disagreeing on Nurse, but FVV is a role player. Nurse should understand Fred's obvious limitations. Lowry is a 5X all-star who is all about winning. Like I said earlier: 2 made FTs and one defensive stop on DJ Augustin by Lowry gets the W. That's the only stat that matters.

Comment

well, plus/minus isn't a tell-all stat

the fact is he needs to score more than 0 points...period...if he had jsut drained one three (or made those 2 free throw)...dynamics of the game changes

i got a hunch we will lose this series and it's cause nurse will be outcoached

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not disagreeing on Nurse, but FVV is a role player. Nurse should understand Fred's obvious limitations. Lowry is a 5X all-star who is all about winning. Like I said earlier: 2 made FTs and one defensive stop on DJ Augustin by Lowry gets the W. That's the only stat that matters.
              It's a scale.. it's not just about producing, its also about denying the other team from producing. Kyle setting up his teammates for clean looks and getting more stops than Fred is the reason I would have rather have him out there.

The better plan would have been to have Kyle play 40 minutes instead of 34. Than we might have won by 10 instead of losing by 3. Maybe Marc should have hit that wide open 3pt shot from the corner? I mean Marc is a 3x all-star who is also all about winning.

Kyle needs to do better.. I'm just saying (and I don't think you agree) but Lowry was not the reason we lost. He was one of the reasons why we only lost by 3 instead of by double digits.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                If the criticism is Lowry missing shots, uh, yeah, he missed shots. Hit shots better I guess?

If the criticism is meant as something actually useful and constructive... If Lowry forced 5 more tough shots rather than run the offence to make sure he got points on the board, are we happier about that? What would you prefer Lowry have done, in terms of decision making?

Again, if we are talking about reasons why the team lost, Lowry's shooting should be pretty far down the list. A reason? Sure. Could also blame every other player who missed shots. But missed shots happen. There are always dozens of little things that swing points one way or the other every game. Focusing on Lowry's shooting is to ignore the actual problems that led to this loss, distracted by the shiny bauble that is Lowry's 0-fer line.
                Yes Dan. When all star players miss ALL there shots, and the all star player gets 0, at home, in 34 minutes, of playoffs, he gets criticized. It's the nature of sports. "The little things" are all well and good, but Kyle is expected to produce. 7 combined points and assists when he averages 23 combined on the season.

He averages 14 pts, so when he gets 0 those need to be made up somewhere. If Kawhi had 12, or Siakam had 3, and we lost by 3 pts, they would have been criticized too.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's a scale.. it's not just about producing, its also about denying the other team from producing. Kyle setting up his teammates for clean looks and getting more stops than Fred is the reason I would have rather have him out there.

The better plan would have been to have Kyle play 40 minutes instead of 34. Than we might have won by 10 instead of losing by 3. Maybe Marc should have hit that wide open 3pt shot from the corner? I mean Marc is a 3x all-star who is also all about winning.

Kyle needs to do better.. I'm just saying (and I don't think you agree) but Lowry was not the reason we lost. He was one of the reasons why we only lost by 3 instead of by double digits.
                  You should just leave it at.... "Kyle needs to do better" and move on. And I totally agree that Gasol needs to do better too. I could see him being the surprise breakout scorer of Game 2.

But Lowry is the one who put it all on himself by being a b*tchass about the Kawhi trade and saying that he didn't think they needed to make changes. The microscope is squarely on him to drive wins. Whatever it takes. Lowry is getting one more chance, with the best Raptor's team that's ever been assembled. No excuses. He's got to deliver wins. That's his job and he knows that. If he needs to be +15, to overcome FVV playing like crap, then that's what he's got to do. I don't mind the 0'fer shooting if it's a W. And I think Kyle will come around, but it will be a roller-coaster and unfortunately his mental toughness is once again an issue. Other teams usually don't have to deal with this kind of stuff from their all-stars.
                  Last edited by golden; Mon Apr 15, 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• I hope Lowry starts attacking the rim more. That part of his offense was there early in the season, but he seems to settle for shots a lot more now.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes Dan. When all star players miss ALL there shots, and the all star player gets 0, at home, in 34 minutes, of playoffs, he gets criticized. It's the nature of sports. "The little things" are all well and good, but Kyle is expected to produce. 7 combined points and assists when he averages 23 combined on the season.

He averages 14 pts, so when he gets 0 those need to be made up somewhere. If Kawhi had 12, or Siakam had 3, and we lost by 3 pts, they would have been criticized too.
                      yep, plus he's the team's highest paid player...i dont think any other player in his salary ballpark has ever scored 0 points during the postseason ....actually, wati chris bosh scored 0 whent hey won game 7 against the spurs....but i would argue that chris bosh should have at least scored a couple even though they won regardless

Comment

• I rescind my aforementioned pride. Geez, guys.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kyle needs to do better. And he will.

Comment

• Yeah sorry I'm not buying the +/- narrative. You can't get out played by DJ Augustine by 25 points. It's not all on Kyle, but a good chunk of it is. Hit 1 shot and 1 free throw, we win.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                              Yeah sorry I'm not buying the +/- narrative. You can't get out played by DJ Augustine by 25 points. It's not all on Kyle, but a good chunk of it is. Hit 1 shot and 1 free throw, we win.
                              I hate that “make 1 shot and we win” comment directed towards Kyle. You can say the same for every player, he wasn’t the only one that missed open shots, Danny missed a few early on, Pascal was 0/4 from 3, Gasol missed a few and so on. Kyle is only getting blamed because he had 0 points. You could say he should have been more aggressive, try to get some layups, but if you’re blaming the loss on him for not making open shots, you have blame the rest who missed some as well.

Comment

• Man I knew something would come up! +/- is the new excuse?! the most overrated stat in basketball? I just can't right now lmao.

I said it YEARS ago, and i'm going to say it again: Kyle Lowry is a perennial playoff choker. All you really need to do is watch the games. It's not a lazy narrative. Sadly that's going to be his legacy here.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X