• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% agree with Windhorst and Pierce.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I hate that “make 1 shot and we win” comment directed towards Kyle. You can say the same for every player, he wasn’t the only one that missed open shots, Danny missed a few early on, Pascal was 0/4 from 3, Gasol missed a few and so on. Kyle is only getting blamed because he had 0 points. You could say he should have been more aggressive, try to get some layups, but if you’re blaming the loss on him for not making open shots, you have blame the rest who missed some as well.
      yes, that's exactly why hes being blamed lol.

kyle is only getting blamed because he has 0 points.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

yes, that's exactly why hes being blamed lol.

kyle is only getting blamed because he has 0 points.
        Which brings me back to my point - would people prefer he forced more and worse shots to ensure he made it onto the scoreboard? Players can't control when they miss shots, or no one would ever miss shots.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Which brings me back to my point - would people prefer he forced more and worse shots to ensure he made it onto the scoreboard? Players can't control when they miss shots, or no one would ever miss shots.
          No, I'd prefer he made 1 shot and 1 free throw of the 9 combined attempts he took.

I'm pro Lowry but c'mon guys. This isnt little league. When an all star gets 0 points, hes gonna take the blame.

Comment

WTF kind of logic is this? Steph Curry does have more control over this 3-pt shot than Ben Simmons. It's called skill, or talent. And Kyle Lowry normally has a ton of it, except when he gets the yips in big games. That said, even if your shot isn't falling that's no excuse to simultaneously get roasted by DJ Augustin. Lowry has been known to win games in other ways (take charges, steals, bulldog defense in the past,...).... he's all about doing whatever it takes to win, right?

Comment

• Don’t worry Kyle will not be here next year

Comment

No. What people want to see is for him to make open shots. That's all. Most of his shots the other night were wide open.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  Don’t worry Kyle will not be here next year
                  I could not give any less of a fuck about next year right now

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

No. What people want to see is for him to make open shots. That's all. Most of his shots the other night were wide open.
                    So, are said people under the impression that players can simply decide when to make their open shots? Are said people unaware of the reality that NBA players make like half their wide open shots at best? Or unfamiliar with the concept of variance?

Getting mad because a player took good shots and made good decisions, but they missed, is the sports fan version of a toddler throwing a tantrum.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Kinda seems like a reason to worry, not a reason not to. Did you miss the disaster that the team was without Lowry in this one? That's without a version of Lowry who misses every shot, a rarity to say the least.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

WTF kind of logic is this? Steph Curry does have more control over this 3-pt shot than Ben Simmons. It's called skill, or talent. And Kyle Lowry normally has a ton of it, except when he gets the yips in big games. That said, even if your shot isn't falling that's no excuse to simultaneously get roasted by DJ Augustin. Lowry has been known to win games in other ways (take charges, steals, bulldog defense in the past,...).... he's all about doing whatever it takes to win, right?
                        Ah, so if Curry missed a bunch of shots, it's because he meant to? Players don't have control over when they miss. Better shooters miss less often. Lowry is a great shooter. But he's still going to miss sometimes, even a bunch of shots in a row sometimes. Same goes for Curry. Although less so, as he's the best shooter in the history of the game, so such stretches would be even more rare for him.

People can be mad about Lowry's defence all they like (they'd be more right than about his scoring, though still pretty dumb if they peg the loss on his defence). Not seeing that get the traction that the easier scoring narrative is getting of course.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Neither will Kawhi
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So, are said people under the impression that players can simply decide when to make their open shots? Are said people unaware of the reality that NBA players make like half their wide open shots at best? Or unfamiliar with the concept of variance?

Getting mad because a player took good shots and made good decisions, but they missed, is the sports fan version of a toddler throwing a tantrum.
                            I'm not mad at all. I'm expecting this version of Kyle Lowry to show up in the playoffs. I have zero expectations when it comes to Lowry in these playoffs. I've learned my lessons a long, long time ago.

As for the bolded part, don't you find it bizaare how Lowry always shoots like shit in the playoffs? don't answer that. I know you're going to find an excuse, this is a Raptors forum after all and you're as homer as they come. And there' nothing wrong with that.

If you can defend a ZERO point game from an "all star", 30 million a year player, in 34 mins mind you, you're going to find a way to make excuses about everything Kyle Lowry, no matter how bad he plays.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Wow completely disagree. Of course players can't decide when to make their shots and I don't think said people are suggesting that at all. I mean do people intend to turn the ball over or let their man score on them or grab a rebound over them? When a great shooter shoots poorly in big games he will get criticized. If it happens repeatedly in game 1 of the playoffs the criticism will be louder as the critics will conclude it has less to do with variance and more to do with being shook.

Again--there's a very reasonable middle ground here. I think Lowry will play well and I'm not suggesting he should be benched or traded. I acknowledge the positives he brings to the table even when he shoots poorly. But it's fair for him to get called out on zero point games in the playoffs when they lose to a lower ranked team. I can't think of any NBA all star that wouldn't catch shade for putting up zero points in a playoff loss.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Man I knew something would come up! +/- is the new excuse?! the most overrated stat in basketball? I just can't right now lmao.

I said it YEARS ago, and i'm going to say it again: Kyle Lowry is a perennial playoff choker. All you really need to do is watch the games. It's not a lazy narrative. Sadly that's going to be his legacy here.
                                Please Kyle, if you’re listening, change the narrative and prove this a**hole wrong..

Comment

Working...
                                X