Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

I'd rather be wrong and happy, than miserable & telling everybody..... "I told you so". Problem all along could simply be that Lowry's lack of size and athleticism doesn't translate when the intensity ramps up to the highest level in the playoffs. Might not be just mental. Same, but worse problem with FVV.
    Size and athleticism impact hitting wide open shots how? If he hits those shots things open up and everything gets a lot easier.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Size and athleticism impact hitting wide open shots how? If he hits those shots things open up and everything gets a lot easier.
      True. But the closeouts are harder and faster in the playoffs. FVV had 3-pt shots blocked twice. smh. You can't get into a shooting rhythm when you're hearing footsteps, i.e., scared. And FVV and Lowry don't have another way to score - teams want them to go to the rim and look comically bad getting stuffed. And to make matters worse they're getting attacked regularly as a weak link on defense. Lowry and FVV basically have only 1 way to help the team on many nights (hitting wiiiide open shots) to offset the fact that they are hurting the team in a lot of other areas. So, yeah .... it's probably weighing on them, mentally.

Comment

I'd rather be wrong and happy, than miserable & telling everybody..... "I told you so". Problem all along could simply be that Lowry's lack of size and athleticism doesn't translate when the intensity ramps up to the highest level in the playoffs. Might not be just mental. Same, but worse problem with FVV.
        probably lack of size and athleticism also affects his mental state. He knows he's short and slow
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Man, Lowry is either going to go off for 30 points in game 4, or have a complete meltdown. Think about it: he'll be sitting at home in Philly, probably surrounded by friends and family all giving him the business or advice he doesn't want for 3 long days. My gut says he steps up.

Comment

• My guess is he continues to choke. His effort is great already. More pressure doesn't usually cure anxiety or whatever mental issue he's experiencing.

Comment

Man, Lowry is either going to go off for 30 points in game 4, or have a complete meltdown. Think about it: he'll be sitting at home in Philly, probably surrounded by friends and family all giving him the business or advice he doesn't want for 3 long days. My gut says he steps up.
                We don't need 30. We forsurely do at least need 15 on at least average 3 pt shooting. What's sad is he was the best player vs the Cavs last year and I thought this may be behind him
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

We don't need 30. We forsurely do at least need 15 on at least average 3 pt shooting. What's sad is he was the best player vs the Cavs last year and I thought this may be behind him
                  The only numbers they need from him is 35%. That's his three point shooting percentage in the regular season. He needs to hit one from downtown on each three attempts. That's two or three treys in a game to keep the defense honest and open things up. Don't forget he's a primary leader on the team no matter what Leonard's and Siakim's numbers are. When Kyle plays scared it hurt the offense beyond what can be statistically measured from his direct play.

Shit, give me ten cracks from downtown and I'll hit at his current clip.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      So much of the US sports media really, really, really, really wants him to leave.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

So much of the US sports media really, really, really, really wants him to leave.
                        Yeah they all want him to go to LA.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

It's a legit point, though. Lowry has a track record of melting in the playoffs. And he isn't getting any younger.

If Kawhi is looking at the Raptors long-term, is Siakam and OG enough to spend his prime years here?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            If Kawhi is looking at the Raptors long-term, is Siakam and OG enough to spend his prime years here?
                            What is the competition offering? It might be Durant or Irving.

Comment

• Spring Lowry:

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

What is the competition offering? It might be Durant or Irving.
                                If it's the Clippers, their role players now have a reputation for elevating their play in playoffs and being both physically and mentally tough when it counts. And Doc has 2 Finals appearances and 1 ring already under his belt.

Comment

Working...
                                X