Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    kyle Lowry at media today. "I'm going to have to take shots i haven't took in a year and a half". what does everyone think that means? those 30+ foot threes? the transition pull fast break pull up 3s? or actually attacking the basket looking to score?
    I dunno but I dont like the quote. Seems like hes just reaching for ideas now
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Lowry had an awful game 3. Of course, so too did almost everyone. But let’s not pretend this team is somehow better off without him in these playoffs, up until game 3 Lowry had the 4th best offensive on-off split and best defensive one on the team and it’s no coincidence.

Need him him to shoot though. Not necessarily hit shots, that will come or it won’t, but need him (and Gasol) to shoot.
      They would be better off without him, because if they had traded him for someone similar in skill level, the team might have picked up a player with some fucking mental toughness. Lets stop scouring stats to show this guy as anything but a playoff let down.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This is where you and I continue to have a disconnect. This is not the try league. Results matter. Yes, I understand players cant exactly make every shot, and will go into slumps even though they're trying, that does not make them exempt from criticism.

kyle needs to hit shots at nearly the same rate he does in his hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of regular seasons games. If he cant, we will likely lose and he will have another stain on his record. It's not good enough for a baseball player to just swing, he needs hits. Hockey players shots are great but they need to score. Basketball players need to shoot, and a good % need to go in. Period.
        Yep, thats why you have winners, and losers

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The second round? No.
          ha.

Comment

kyle Lowry at media today. "I'm going to have to take shots i haven't took in a year and a half". what does everyone think that means? those 30+ foot threes? the transition pull fast break pull up 3s? or actually attacking the basket looking to score?
            Spin around midrange J's (which used to be money), and transition deep 3's probably. I like the spirit of aggressiveness and sense of urgency with the series on the line and Pascal out, but if these are not shots he's been putting up in practice, now you're just forcing. That said, this is not a time to discourage Lowry to shoot, let him come out guns blazing. If we get 2016 Lowry tomorrow we're in a good place.

Comment

• Kyle just needs to take and make open 3s.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                Kyle just needs to take and make open 3s.
                That's really all there is to it

Comment

I think it means he's going to be alpha Lowry. 1.5 years (not seasons) is basically the tenure of Nurse's offense. Kyle's shot attempts have dropped by about 23% under Nurse's offense compared to the previous two years under Casey.

As long as he isn't forcing the issue this should probably be a good thing, especially if Pascal is out.

Comment

• This article summarizes pretty well what we've come to know as Playoff Lowry....

Lowry looks out of sorts. He's jittery and his teammates seem to be sensing this. By his erratic play, Lowry is taking the team out of their state of calm and focus.

In Game 3, the Raptors over-passed, missing the opportunity to shoot when they got open looks. They didn't trust each other or themselves individually to take the shot. That reflects a lack of confidence.

Lowry is rushing too much, which, on the one hand, shows he cares and he wants to win so badly. But his body is not keeping up with his mind. You can see lots of examples of how uncontrolled he is when he tries to force layups or making high-reward, but also high-risk passes.

The statistics back up the fact that Lowry is arguably the worst-performing player on the starting five. Lowry's field goal percentage over the eight-game playoffs is only 40%, with only Danny Green's 37.3% lower among the starting five. Leonard leads that category at 57.9%.

And look what's happened over these last two games, both losses.

Lowry's field-goal percentage has fallen to 34.6%, which is better than only Marc Gasol's and Ibaka's percentages. And Lowry's three-point percentage has plummeted to a scary 25.6%, easily the worst among the starting rotation.

The two highest-paid players on the Raptors are Lowry at $31 million and Gasol at $24 million. That's $55 million of talent and what has it got them in this series?

Leonard and Siakam are carrying the Raptors on their backs. Leonard is averaging 31.5 points a game and Siakam is next at 22.9 points. Then there is a steep drop-off. Lowry is next, averaging only 11.6 points per game.
                    https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisr.../#57205e764816

Comment

• Kyle Lowry is a case study on why the regular season doesn't mean a thing. A team should never pay someone for what they do in the regular season if it's inconsistent with their playoff performances. The playoffs show the true player. There's a bunch of guys in the league who can't compare to Kyle in terms of regular season stats who I would take right now over him for this game today. I have zero faith in him overcoming his shooting woes on offense. Even in his interviews he appears wound up too tight right now. He almost gives me anxiety just watching him talk hoops. He needs to find ways to cope with pressure. He's making $30M, he should have someone employed to help with this.

Comment

• clear the air? or Conley trade rumors lmao
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

clear the air? or Conley trade rumors lmao
                          Whatever the case, Lowry has bought in.

his shooting has been poor but hes our 3rd guy now, and hes totally outplayed their 3rd guy and point guard, simmons

Comment

clear the air? or Conley trade rumors lmao
                            Yeah, I brought that up when Lowry suddenly started playing better right after the trade deadline. There was a rumour that Lowry "begged" Masai not to trade his ass out of here. Sad that our most veteran player always has to get hauled into the principal's office and told to get on board with the program. He's 33, ffs. Don't have to read too far between the lines to figure out what went down.

Kyle Lowry and Masai Ujiri had a formal sit-down in the days leading to the trade deadline, their first such meeting since the Toronto Raptors traded DeMar DeRozan in a franchise altering deal for Kawhi Leonard. Lowry was involved in trade discussions with the Memphis Grizzlies for Mike Conley Jr. and Marc Gasol.

“It was a well-needed conversation,” Lowry told The Athletic. “It was a very professional conversation and it had to be done. We had to get everything on the table. Listen, ‘Let’s have this conversation, let’s get everything out on the table, and move on.’ And that’s what grown men do. They have conversations, they figure it out, and you move on.

“It wasn’t a ‘F--- you, f--- you.’ It wasn’t me asking, ‘Hell, you want to trade me?’ At the end of the day, he’s going to make the decisions, right? I’m going to play no matter what it is. It was about making myself the best player that I can possibly be and getting on the same page about what he needs from me to be the best player — and vice versa. Just getting on the same page.”

The conversation served a practical purpose for Lowry.

“It was all about the now. It was about: How do we make every day work to the best of our abilities? We said: ‘This is what I would like to see done. This is what you should do. This is how we’re going to keep going.’”
                            https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...t-On-Same-Page

Comment

• Masai really does have great people skills. Can't deny that. Seems like he can connect to players.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Masai really does have great people skills. Can't deny that. Seems like he can connect to players.
                                In this case, I think he was ready to connect his boot to Lowry's ample backside.

Comment

Working...
                                X