Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, I brought that up when Lowry suddenly started playing better right after the trade deadline. There was a rumour that Lowry "begged" Masai not to trade his ass out of here. Sad that our most veteran player always has to get hauled into the principal's office and told to get on board with the program. He's 33, ffs. Don't have to read too far between the lines to figure out what went down.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...t-On-Same-Page
    I also had that same observation of Kyle when he acted up just right before the trade deadline. I think he already had the sense from Masai that he was up next.

In my opinion, his family and most especially his kids really liked Toronto. They consider the City and Country as their adopted home thus hard for Kyle to uproot them midseason.

Kyle’s reputation (with his humungous 33 million per salary and history of some significant playoff duds) really is on life support this post season especially having to pair now with a legit superstar.

This playoffs would define his legacy as a player. Make it happen or bust. We all just hope that its the former.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

In this case, I think he was ready to connect his boot to Lowry's ample backside.
      sometimes when your son acts out you gotta lol
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Good (positive) article on Lowry by Arnovitz at ESPN this morning:
        http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ketball-genius

Talks about the little thinks Kyle does that helps us each game.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Good (positive) article on Lowry by Arnovitz at ESPN this morning:

Great read. This far down the road you don't expect to find a new perspective or new info on a player that's been around as long as Lowry. This did the job.

Comment

Yeah, but he's short.

Comment

Raptors media coverage is getting kind of overwhelming. At this point I don't want to hear or read anything. Just win, man. Just win.

Comment

• Lowry doesn't fight through screens

In a league dominated by the pick-and-roll, point guards and big men are called on to defend the action as a tandem. It's a process that relies on strength, will, timing, precision, communication, a little bit of telepathy and a whole lot of trust. For years in Memphis, one of Gasol's primary dance partners was the almost maniacal lockdown defender Tony Allen. When Gasol came over to Toronto this past winter, he noticed that Lowry deployed a tactic while fighting over screens he'd seen only Allen use regularly.

"He's going to avoid the screen and fight over," Gasol says. "And he's going to stick his arm out, which is a dangerous play for any guard. Literally stick his arm between the screener and the big. He's never going to be one of those guys who is just going to run into the screen, 'Oh, I got hit.'"
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• He's overrated on RR

A FEW YEARS back, when Sixers guard T.J. McConnell arrived in Philadelphia, the coaching staff, including Lange, sat him down in front of video of Lowry. It was a primer on how a point guard who by the standards of NBA athleticism probably shouldn't be playing in the league can help win games on the margins.

"They wanted me to look at him because, let's be realistic, I'm not going to be a guy who's going to take over a game," McConnell says. "They were saying, look what Kyle does to affect a game when he's not looking for his shot offensively."

"He makes basketball plays you cannot script," Marc Gasol says.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Lowry doesn't fight through screens
                    No wonder McConnell is stapled to the bench. lol.

Ok, ok. Nothing but positive vibes from here on in.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry had his fingerprints all over Game Five. In a really good way. Leader of the pack.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Kyle Lowry had his fingerprints all over Game Five. In a really good way. Leader of the pack.
                        Needs to play like that all the time. Especially on a road
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Or at least near this level 90% of the time. Not once every 3 games.

Comment

• I'm glad to see Kyle Lowry arrived for game five.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I thought he was deferring too much to Kawhi and Gasol, in an attempt to get them going. He kind of woke up, after game three I think it was, when he said something like "We've got to help him (Kawhi) more. I've got to do more." He has played like that since then I would say. Still a stats god, but finally scoring the way he should. Gasol referenced the fact that the team was still learning each other. I will accept that as a straight statement of fact instead of some bullshit line, because that seems to be the kind of guy Gasol is.

Comment

• I thought Kyle's energy was great all through the game. He started off just smothering Reddick and never let him off the hook. What a difference in Philly's offense when JJ isn't draining 3's.

All around great, aggressive game from Lowry. As others have said he has to play like this every single game.

Comment

Working...
                                X