Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I thought he was deferring too much to Kawhi and Gasol, in an attempt to get them going. He kind of woke up, after game three I think it was, when he said something like "We've got to help him (Kawhi) more. I've got to do more." He has played like that since then I would say. Still a stats god, but finally scoring the way he should. Gasol referenced the fact that the team was still learning each other. I will accept that as a straight statement of fact instead of some bullshit line, because that seems to be the kind of guy Gasol is.
    Helps that this game when he found guys they actually made them too Agreed though, Kyle was much more engaged, huge difference when he is actually attacking the defense. Seemed like it even woke Fred up a bit in the fourth, dude started playing free and was able to do a couple things.

Comment

• We're going to need Kyle to win this one for us, if we want to close out on the road in Philly, methinks.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        We're going to need Kyle to win this one for us, if we want to close out on the road in Philly, methinks.
        As we saw last game he can cut up that defense. When the bigs drop back in the Pick and Roll he can get wherever he wants.

Comment

• If the Wizards would take Kyle + Norm + any filler to make the deal work, would trade them for John Wall?

The Wiz look like they're due for at least a partial rebuild. Wall is damaged goods and is likely to miss most of next season but... If he returns to form, a Kawhi/Wall pairing would be pretty interesting.

Comment

• Another option is Mike Conley, who they were considering earlier in the year...

Comment

• Would love to have Lowry on this team next season. On at least twice smaller contract that is.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                If the Wizards would take Kyle + Norm + any filler to make the deal work, would trade them for John Wall?

The Wiz look like they're due for at least a partial rebuild. Wall is damaged goods and is likely to miss most of next season but... If he returns to form, a Kawhi/Wall pairing would be pretty interesting.
                are moderators allowed to troll? you oughta ban yourself for even suggesting that.

john wall has the worst contract in the history of the league

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  If the Wizards would take Kyle + Norm + any filler to make the deal work, would trade them for John Wall?

Wall most likely isn't even going to play next year, and may never be the same. So, you'd have to expand that deal to get Beal with the understanding that you're getting the Wizards out of the worst contract in the NBA and giving them capspace to start the rebuild. Not a cap expert, but I think that would have to be done before Wall's extension kicks in (he's at 19M now, going up to 40M).

Something like this:

To Wiz: Lowry/FVV/OG + pick (gives them 40M+ in expiring contracts, a young prospect & a pick)
                  To Raps: Beal/Wall/Satoransky (sign & trade)

Starting lineup: Satoransky, Beal, Kawhi, Pascal, Gasol
                  Bench: Powell, Ibaka, Green
                  Injured: Wall

If Wall miraculously recovers, that's a deadly lineup.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

are moderators allowed to troll? you oughta ban yourself for even suggesting that.

john wall has the worst contract in the history of the league
                    One must be strong enough to withstand the full brunt of Mjolnir in order to be worthy enough to wield Mjolnir. Suffice it to say no I cannot ban myself as I am impervious to ban hammers. Bricks on the other hand get me every time and my eyes have been hit with enough bricks during this playoffs to build the pyramids at Giza.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Wall most likely isn't even going to play next year, and may never be the same. So, you'd have to expand that deal to get Beal with the understanding that you're getting the Wizards out of the worst contract in the NBA and giving them capspace to start the rebuild. Not a cap expert, but I think that would have to be done before Wall's extension kicks in (he's at 19M now, going up to 40M).

Something like this:

To Wiz: Lowry/FVV/OG + pick (gives them 40M+ in expiring contracts, a young prospect & a pick)
                      To Raps: Beal/Wall/Satoransky (sign & trade)

Starting lineup: Satoransky, Beal, Kawhi, Pascal, Gasol
                      Bench: Powell, Ibaka, Green
                      Injured: Wall

If Wall miraculously recovers, that's a deadly lineup.
                      Yeah, he received the big extension but that mixed with his injury is a pennies on the dollar scenario in terms of outbound talent needed to get him. They might even toss in a pick.

Comment

• Getting Beal is instant approval from me.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wall tore his achilles by falling in his bathroom. Is he even going to play next year? That's a rough injury to get back from. Wall's best trait was his speed. I don't think Kobe was ever the same when he came back from his injury.

I love Lowry but we really do need to start talking contingency plans. We have no decent backup PG (sorry Fred, you suck). So I get the out of the box thinking there.. but Wall is not the right choice moving forward in my opinion.

Comment

• How about Lowry to Phoenix for their pick and draft that Morant kid? Would Phoenix do that?

Comment

• Maybe DLo? He won't have weed issues in Toronto
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Wall tore his achilles by falling in his bathroom. Is he even going to play next year? That's a rough injury to get back from. Wall's best trait was his speed. I don't think Kobe was ever the same when he came back from his injury.

I love Lowry but we really do need to start talking contingency plans. We have no decent backup PG (sorry Fred, you suck). So I get the out of the box thinking there.. but Wall is not the right choice moving forward in my opinion.

Word is he's set to miss atleast 50 games. The most recent example of a full recovery from this type of injury is Rudy Gay two years ago at age 30. Medical science has improved a lot in the last five years. This is no longer a career ending deal.

The Raptors would need a reasonable fill in player and be content with possibly not having home court throughout the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X