Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    How about Lowry to Phoenix for their pick and draft that Morant kid? Would Phoenix do that?
    Better question is: 34 year old Kyle Lowry is the best offer for a top five lotto pick?

Comment

• Another idea is to keep Kyle, flip Fred and roll the dice on Isaiah Thomas as the reserve PG. He's still recovering but if he gets back... IT has that killer instinct that would be good for the young guys.

Comment

• Wall 40M is a hard pass for me. I didn't like Lowry @ 30M either and felt it hampered us from a nice mid level 10M addition but we were kinda over a barrel at the time if he couldn't be traded. I love Lowry but kind of wish we'd been able to land Conley. Would LOVE to see Bela here but not it it means having to take Wall....

Comment

How about Lowry to Phoenix for their pick and draft that Morant kid? Would Phoenix do that?
          Why would Phoenix trade a potential franchise PG for a washed up 34 yr old PG?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kyle giving away $250K. He's a pretty good teammate man. Kawhi deserves it, but that's still an awesome gesture.

Comment

Kyle giving away $250K. He's a pretty good teammate man. Kawhi deserves it, but that's still an awesome gesture.
              Wow thats an amazing gesture. 250k is a few years salary for most of us schlubs lol

kyle is a leiutenant in the he stay army
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Better question is: 34 year old Kyle Lowry is the best offer for a top five lotto pick?
                At this point I'm pretty sure if you want to be good for the next couple years you keep Lowry. He can be effective for a couple more years and should have a huge cut in salary soon. Not like the 30 mill gets you under the cap anyways. Masai and co will need to hit on some cheap FA option or trade this summer, but I don't think thats the one. As you say, no way anyone is giving up something good.

Comment

Kyle giving away $250K. He's a pretty good teammate man. Kawhi deserves it, but that's still an awesome gesture.
                  Giving it away to a charity of Kawhi's choice would go a lot further for both of their reputations. Or else rent Kawhi and his family a Muskoka super cottage for a month to tie them a bit closer to one of the best things about Canada in the best weather.

Comment

• Guys Bobby marks was joking

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      Guys Bobby marks was joking
                      I think we know there was a decent chance of that lol .... he's giving 100% of it

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

At this point I'm pretty sure if you want to be good for the next couple years you keep Lowry. He can be effective for a couple more years and should have a huge cut in salary soon. Not like the 30 mill gets you under the cap anyways. Masai and co will need to hit on some cheap FA option or trade this summer, but I don't think thats the one. As you say, no way anyone is giving up something good.
                        Well now that depends on one's definition of good. Maybe there won't be something good but maybe Ujiri catches a team in selling mode and can offer Kyle plus a pick for a good player a team wishes to cap dump so that they can use that space in free agency. We've seen teams make seemingly sweetheart deals like this before.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Word is he's set to miss atleast 50 games. The most recent example of a full recovery from this type of injury is Rudy Gay two years ago at age 30. Medical science has improved a lot in the last five years. This is no longer a career ending deal.

The Raptors would need a reasonable fill in player and be content with possibly not having home court throughout the playoffs.
                          You want to trade for a guy who is owed $42.5 million per year for 4 more years, a guy coming off a major achilles injury when his game was built on speed?

I didn't realize Billy King was a RR mod.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

You want to trade for a guy who is owed $42.5 million per year for 4 more years, a guy coming off a major achilles injury when his game was built on speed?

I didn't realize Billy King was a RR mod.
                            No, I want to discuss various options.

I didn't realize Mrs. Lovejoy was a real person.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Guys Bobby marks was joking
                              Aw damn, I was had....

But Kyle better buy something nice after this playoff run...like high 5 figures, low 6 figures nice I'm talking. Maybe a watch the rappers wear? Naw that's not Kawhi...a pickup truck...didn't he fish last summer? Get Kawhi a fishing boat!!! Name it the Klaw! or the KL2! or The Cerebral Assassin (patent pending on that nickname)
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lowry says he reads everything. Bulletin board material from the enemy side, right here...

4. How good is Kyle Lowry, really?

Pascal Siakam broke out this season, becoming Toronto’s best two-way player and the team’s second-leading scorer. He’s a big reason why the Raptors have been as good as they have all season.

So what of longtime Raptor point guard Kyle Lowry? He’s moved a rung down the pecking order, no doubt, as the clear third option on offense. He also has an up-and-down (and mostly down) history in the playoffs. He’s averaged only 12.4 points per game this postseason on poor shooting efficiency (41 percent, 28 percent on threes). He doesn’t really get to the free-throw line anymore. Sure, he’s a good passer and does the little things well and is an above average defender, but is that enough from such a crucial player at this point in the season? Is he really someone you can trust?

Lowry will be matched up with Eric Bledsoe, who has been inconsistent in the postseason, but is one of the best defenders at his position and has a monstrous athleticism advantage over the 33-year-old Lowry. Bledsoe also held Lowry to zero points in one of the Bucks’ three victories over the Raptors this season. The Bucks also have the luxury of Hill being Bledsoe’s backup, so if he does falter (which seems less likely in this series than vs. Boston), the team is still in steady hands.

If Lowry gets crushed in the point guard matchup, Toronto is in real trouble. With VanVleet struggling and Siakam likely to be guarded by Giannis, the Raptors need someone other than Leonard to handle the ball, make plays and knock down open threes. Whether or not Lowry rises to the occasion will go a long way toward determining Toronto’s fate.
                                https://milwaukeerecord.com/sports/5...erence-finals/

Comment

Working...
                                X