Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    OAKLAND, Calif. — The Golden State Warriors‘ investor who shoved Toronto guard Kyle Lowry during Game 3 of the NBA Finals won’t attend any more games in the series, or the next season.

The NBA and the Warriors announced Thursday that Mark Stevens has been banned from attending NBA games and Warriors team activities for one year and has been fined US$500,000 for pushing and directing obscene language toward Lowry. Stevens’ ban is effective immediately and carries through next season, including the playoffs.
    That seems far more reasonable than some of the nonsense I’ve read elsewhere. Very tough but not a permanent ban. I do think this guy should apologize to Lowry. Then let’s move on.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

That seems far more reasonable than some of the nonsense I’ve read elsewhere. Very tough but not a permanent ban. I do think this guy should apologize to Lowry. Then let’s move on.
      I read that the Warriors and Stevens have already apologized to Kyle. But the way I read it sounded like a form letter from the club "on behalf of the Warriors" and him and wasn't personal from Stevens as it should be.

Whatever, time to move on, this can't be and shouldn't be allowed to be a distraction from the ultimate goal.

Comment

I read that the Warriors and Stevens have already apologized to Kyle. But the way I read it sounded like a form letter from the club "on behalf of the Warriors" and him and wasn't personal from Stevens as it should be.

Whatever, time to move on, this can't be and shouldn't be allowed to be a distraction from the ultimate goal.
        According to Lowry, the Warriors have. Stevens hasn't.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          According to Lowry, the Warriors have. Stevens hasn't.

Comment

This guys lawyer really knows how to write a sincere and apologetic letter.

I would think a little more highly of him if he asked to speak personally to Lowry and make a face to face apology. But still, a guy who has a lawyer or PR person who can write like that is probably an okay guy. /sarc

Comment

• I imagine he has reached out to personally apologize to Lowry, even if it is a dog and pony show for the lawyers. But I also suspect Lowry would refuse his call. That would make all the accounts mesh, and seems in character. Lowry says he hasn’t spoken to him, which would be true if he refused the call, which the letter above pretty heavily implies with that gratitude for people taking his calls (while explicitly not saying Lowry did so).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'll admit I'm glad to hear Lowry still seems pissed off about it. Keep that chip on his shoulder for the rest of the series at least (especially on the road), and then accept a nice fat cheque from the guy for his charity in the offseason.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I imagine he has reached out to personally apologize to Lowry, even if it is a dog and pony show for the lawyers. But I also suspect Lowry would refuse his call. That would make all the accounts mesh, and seems in character. Lowry says he hasn’t spoken to him, which would be true if he refused the call, which the letter above pretty heavily implies with that gratitude for people taking his calls (while explicitly not saying Lowry did so).
                  Read a statement from Lowry that said he hasn't talked to him, doesn't want to talk to him and the tone was more or less "I will refuse to talk to the SOB."

Good for Kyle. He knows it would all be BS and useless PR shit.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

This guys lawyer really knows how to write a sincere and apologetic letter.

I would think a little more highly of him if he asked to speak personally to Lowry and make a face to face apology. But still, a guy who has a lawyer or PR person who can write like that is probably an okay guy. /sarc
                    That's actual a pretty contrite public apology. None of the "sorry if I offended" anyone bullshit. That's how one should apologize. I suspect Lowry will not accept, as is his right as he was wronged. But at least it wasn't mealy mouthed bullshit.

Comment

• I’m hoping that stupid GSW billionaire unwittingly, permanently poked the bear...

Comment

• I need to say it again: KYLE IS THE MAN.

These last two series he's freed himself from the playoff nerves and will not be remembered for all those games he choked in. I'm happy for the guy.

Also much respect for not going after that punk in the front row. Standing down was the gentleman way to handle it.

Comment

• Another reason why Kyle is one of my all time favourites:

https://streamable.com/nzf6b

He is as real as they come.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Another reason why Kyle is one of my all time favourites:

https://streamable.com/nzf6b

He is as real as they come.
                            Yep that and the kid asking him the question about what it means being an icon to kids.

pure class

Comment

• Go get it Kyle.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X