Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed it for you

golden wrote: View Post

Vince is like that rare old guy who's been working for 13 different companies for 40 years, never cared about climbing the corporate ladder and still lives off the reputation he had at the first company, so different management like to give him a chance and keep him around. Nobody is quite sure what his job is anymore and he's really just hanging around to maximize his pension and milk the system, but he wouldn't have anything better to do with his life anyway if he retired. lol.
    Some might say there's no QUIT in Vince Carter any more

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Amazing. The timing, the grit, the court vision, the speed, the positional awareness, the footwork, the fearlessness. That's one underrated son-of-a-gun. People will always remember Kawhi when they look back at 2019, but he ain't winning no championship here without this dog right there.

Comment

• Raptors extend Lowry on one-year, $31M deal

The Toronto Raptors have signed veteran guard Kyle Lowry to a one-year contract extension worth $31 million that will see him remain with the club through the end of the 2020-21 season, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting.

Comment

• Good stuff. Just as it should be. Came in a little cheaper than I expected too.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nice of him to give us a bit of discount! I'm glad he's on board.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• Great news, love the bulldog.
                But I can't believe it took another $31M to tack on another year and I wouldn't have thought that he'd get it anywhere else. But in world where John Wall makes closer to 40 so yeah, it's a discount.....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Good stuff. Just as it should be. Came in a little cheaper than I expected too.
                  Great result. He's sending the right message that he's willing to work with Masai and hopefully make something happen in 2021. This also gives us some flexibility in dealing with Fred, if negotations go sour.

Comment

Good stuff. Just as it should be. Came in a little cheaper than I expected too.
                    You definitely called this. I love the move.

Comment

• I believe Masai wants Lowry to retire as a Raptor. I could see one more contract for two years in the $20 million range, if the Raptors can attract a marquee free agent in the summer of 2021.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I believe Masai wants Lowry to retire as a Raptor. I could see one more contract for two years in the $20 million range, if the Raptors can attract a marquee free agent in the summer of 2021.
                        I think 2 more years @ 15M would be the upper limit, which would average out to just over $20M/year for the next 3 seasons, after this season. That's fair market value, given the history of aging, undersized PGs. Regardless, he's going to work with the team to help Masai get the pieces we need under the salary cap. Lowry doesn't need the money or security at this point. He just wants more championships.

Can't believe that everybody is calling 31M a "discount"? lol. Like Deaner said... what a world we (they) live in.

Comment

• I like this on several levels:

- Keeps Lowry happy.
                          - Puts a dent into our 2020 cap space, which is fine since that free agency class looks like the worst in a long time (now add Kyle as another to miss it)
                          - We can then resign him to a cheaper contract with the 2020 one being the balloon payment. Helps with free agency in 2021 when the class looks amazing.
                          - With at least 2 more seasons on the roster, Kyle will definitely become the GROAT (he is now, but it gets cemented).
                          - I was expecting a lot more than $31M for a 1 year extension. More like $40M (Chris Paul numbers).. so I'm pleasantly surprised.

One downside is that we don't get a contract Lowry performance this year, but I'm not expecting much from the team this year anyway.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think 2 more years @ 15M would be the upper limit, which would average out to just over $20M/year for the next 3 seasons, after this season. That's fair market value, given the history of aging, undersized PGs. Regardless, he's going to work with the team to help Masai get the pieces we need under the salary cap. Lowry doesn't need the money or security at this point. He just wants more championships.

Can't believe that everybody is calling 31M a "discount"? lol. Like Deaner said... what a world we (they) live in.
                            And 15M a year is about the wiggle room they have, assuming Pascal is on a max deal, and they want to leave room for a 7-9 year vet max as well. Certainly puts a question mark on FVV. Only room for one medium cost player like that, unless both FVV and Lowry come in under 10M, which seems unlikely to say the least.

The good news is, now they can't extend him again even if they wanted to, so that decision is forced to be made after the next two full seasons. So we'll have a) all the information we could want on any potential decline in that time, and b) a competing market to go along with that decline.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Great news, love the bulldog.
                              But I can't believe it took another $31M to tack on another year and I wouldn't have thought that he'd get it anywhere else. But in world where John Wall makes closer to 40 so yeah, it's a discount.....
                              It makes him easier to trade....
                              You get this year and next if your interested.....
                              Harsh.. but true
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

And 15M a year is about the wiggle room they have, assuming Pascal is on a max deal, and they want to leave room for a 7-9 year vet max as well. Certainly puts a question mark on FVV. Only room for one medium cost player like that, unless both FVV and Lowry come in under 10M, which seems unlikely to say the least.

The good news is, now they can't extend him again even if they wanted to, so that decision is forced to be made after the next two full seasons. So we'll have a) all the information we could want on any potential decline in that time, and b) a competing market to go along with that decline.
                                What are the rules on Pascals contract if it’s not a max, can they make year 2 lower than other years to free up a bit more space and then have year 3/4 take a jump?

Comment

Working...
                                X