No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts about Lowry apparently demanding a trade if an extension wasn’t signed?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1850544

Comment

• I think Lowry knew if he waited to next summer his opportunity to get that kind of money was extremely difficult. He put the pressure on the Raps to get a great contract. Nothing wrong with what he did in my opinion, he did it privately which is not the current climate in the NBA. He gave the opportunity to Masai to offer him the "Legacy"money he was preaching.

He got a great contract, and I think he earned it. It doesn't hurt the teams future and it gives The Raptors organization a better image amongst players. WIN/WIN

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post
        Thoughts about Lowry apparently demanding a trade if an extension wasn’t signed?

The quote I saw implied he never actually demanded a trade but was prepared to. Not saying I know anything, but it seems like both wanted to get it done and did, not some high pressure tactics by Lowry.

I’d have no problems with if he did demand a trade either, he doesnt want to waste one of his few great years left, and would give him a bit more choice in the matter. He probably has no interest in a victory parade season anyways, dudes a winner.

Comment

Thoughts about Lowry apparently demanding a trade if an extension wasn’t signed?

The one thing I’ve learned through the years is that everyone is out for himself. You better be, too. Good for Lowry.

Comment

Grange has been working on this nothing-burger for the last couple days. He wants drama to report on when there is none.

Comment

• Taking care of business. Staying put. Enough said.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Grange has been working on this nothing-burger for the last couple days. He wants drama to report on when there is none.
                Grange has the most punchable face in Canadian television

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not NBA calibre. Even as a backup. He shows some flashes here and there.... but FVV is way better off-ball as a wide open, spot-up shooter.... aka.... shooting guard.
                  Not NBA calibre? wtf lmao. He's one of the biggest reasons why the Raptors won the championship. He was their best player in Game 6. Hubie Brown gave him an MVP vote in the Finals(Kawhi got all the other votes).

Dude is legit.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Not NBA calibre? wtf lmao. He's one of the biggest reasons why the Raptors won the championship. He was their best player in Game 6. Hubie Brown gave him an MVP vote in the Finals(Kawhi got all the other votes).

Dude is legit.
                    He hit shots but can he play the point? Those are two different things. I love Fred, I think he brings a lot to the table. But he struggles on the ball a fair amount and he's not the best PnR playmaker. Those are pretty valuable skills for point guards in today's NBA. If we can find a ball-dominant shooting guard... it would work. If not, I'm not sure it will.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Dude is legit.
                      Yeah, he was a tremendous SG for us in that playoff run. Can't run the offence to save his life, so he's a terrible PG, luckily between Siakam and Lowry we rarely needed him to try to be a PG.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, he was a tremendous SG for us in that playoff run. Can't run the offence to save his life, so he's a terrible PG, luckily between Siakam and Lowry we rarely needed him to try to be a PG.
                        Ok, it's only the first pre-season game, but this sounds encouraging....

VanVleet has made strides. Perhaps more comfortable in his role, now starting for the still-rehabbing Lowry, VanVleet played the part of a true point guard. He dribbled less, ran the offense faster, and attacked without hesitation in the pick-and-roll. He was decisive in hitting ahead in transition. His jumper was true. VanVleet opened the third quarter on a personal 7-0 run, and he, along with Siakam, was one of Toronto’s most stabilizing influences on offense.
                        https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2019...players-shine/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Ok, it's only the first pre-season game, but this sounds encouraging....

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2019...players-shine/
                          I haven't seen the second half yet, so I'm intrigued by how he comes out in the 3rd, because I wasn't particularly impressed by him in the first half.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

He hit shots but can he play the point? Those are two different things. I love Fred, I think he brings a lot to the table. But he struggles on the ball a fair amount and he's not the best PnR playmaker. Those are pretty valuable skills for point guards in today's NBA. If we can find a ball-dominant shooting guard... it would work. If not, I'm not sure it will.
                            Worked okay against the Rockets. He specifically made a point of initiating action early in the shot clock. And Pascal brought it up a bit. Freddy got 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals to go along with his 16 points, against 2 TOs, all in 28 minutes. Good start to the preseason.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I haven't seen the second half yet, so I'm intrigued by how he comes out in the 3rd, because I wasn't particularly impressed by him in the first half.
                              Imagine my surprise....

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Worked okay against the Rockets. He specifically made a point of initiating action early in the shot clock. And Pascal brought it up a bit. Freddy got 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals to go along with his 16 points, against 2 TOs, all in 28 minutes. Good start to the preseason.
                                It will be interesting to see how he progresses this season. This is really only his third full year (the first he was a GLeague guy). His first year he did great work with the bench group and last year had to deal with a lot of different looks given how Nurse managed the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X